Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 13:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Touring Madurai, Rameswaram & Kanyakumari in a Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Satshan, Thanks for the great pictures.

We had been to Rameshwaram/Dhanushkodi in October '13 (also posted the travelogue). We missed Vivekananda memorial and the Gulf of Mannar interpretation centre. Would have loved to check these out!

Is it a big centre? Where is it located? Do they have other display items - like fossils etc? What is the centre focussed on? I was wondering why not too many people know about this centre.
Thank you Samm. Both these spots are in the Kunthukal village of Rameswaram. Though there is a display board along the main road, its not much highlighted. Hence most people can't get a clear view of it. Since I had researched on the various places in Rameswaram prior to the trip, it was easier to get the directions.

The Interpretation center is a single medium sized hall structure (The pic you can see my log). It has information on the history of the Gulf of Mannar Biosphere, several types of fishes and sea life shown inside. It can be more interesting for kids, although worth a visit.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:24   #32
BHPian

Re: Touring Madurai, Rameswaram & Kanyakumari in a Ritz

Satshan, happened to chance on this thread while searching for Kanyakumari & Rameshwaram.
You have some great collection of pics and details here!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks