Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 16:19   #16
BHPian

re: Birthday, Beachwalk, Dance Fest...and a nearly missed Train! (Odisha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Fantastic photographs Shubho! I must say that you are a very creative person having a passion for travelling, music & photography. Glad that you chose to share the experience.

And wish you a very happy birthday.

Regards,
Saket
Thank you so much Saket, for the Birthday wishes, and for the appreciation that you threw in. Music is my life, Photography is my love, and Travelling is the string that connects both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
What a wonderful collection of photographs, simply amazing especially the Bay of Bengal, how can I not compliment the expresssion of dancers and the beach vendors, simply superb. Happy clicking and thanks for sharing, enjoyed it thoroughly.
Glad that you enjoyed, sir. Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
I have never thanked anybody in the forum for the quality of their pictures but you Sir have simply blown others away with these frames. Thank you for these wonderful pictures and do post more.
That was a pretty heavy duty compliment, sir. I don't know if I deserve it or not. But nonetheless, I'm glad that you could relish the thread this much
RevvMusic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 16:23   #17
BHPian

@RevvMusic - Happened to chance upon your photologue and was listening to some great music. The first picture coincided with an epic breakdown in my ears, Goosebumps.......... Keep up the good work. Amazing pictures.
mayurpalav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 17:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
@RevvMusic - Happened to chance upon your photologue and was listening to some great music. The first picture coincided with an epic breakdown in my ears, Goosebumps.......... Keep up the good work. Amazing pictures.
I can totally relate to that feeling, sir. And thanks a lot.
By the way, can I know what music were you listening to at that moment?
Old 18th December 2013, 17:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
I can totally relate to that feeling, sir. And thanks a lot.
By the way, can I know what music were you listening to at that moment?
Mad Maxx Vs. Shivadelic - Ganesha Namah.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dop/dop1cd003.html

Old 18th December 2013, 19:21   #20
PVS
BHPian

Hi Shubhodeep - amazing set of photos there - very atmospheric, full of life - especially those of Rajashri Praharaj - hats off!!

Its good that you could catch your train just in time - I guess, even if you had missed your connection (in which your family members were traveling), your options would have been to inform them that you had missed your train, and catch the next available train to Puri( there should be quite a few of them in the early morning hours to Puri, I guess). Nevertheless, all is well that ends well!!
How was your experience dealing with the Pandas(Pujaris) at the Sri Jagannath temple?
Old 18th December 2013, 21:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
Mad Maxx Vs. Shivadelic - Ganesha Namah.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dop/dop1cd003.html

As I type this, I'm sitting at my studio and listening to this album. Very nice audio production quality. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Hi Shubhodeep - amazing set of photos there - very atmospheric, full of life - especially those of Rajashri Praharaj - hats off!!

Its good that you could catch your train just in time - I guess, even if you had missed your connection (in which your family members were traveling), your options would have been to inform them that you had missed your train, and catch the next available train to Puri( there should be quite a few of them in the early morning hours to Puri, I guess). Nevertheless, all is well that ends well!!
How was your experience dealing with the Pandas(Pujaris) at the Sri Jagannath temple?
Really glad that you liked the photos.
And yes, you are right. I might have caught hold of the next train. But you see, there was too much of an excitement to meet the family. So, probably the mind didn't quite work
We didn't have much trouble with the Pandas. In fact, it was smooth, as we had some contacts there.

Last edited by RevvMusic : 18th December 2013 at 21:16.
Old 18th December 2013, 21:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Amazing travelogue and great pictures RevvMusic!

I visited Bhubaneshwar & Puri in September and I must say both are very good places.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 01:38   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely travelogue and what fantastic pictures man! The early morning pics from the train and the sun rise with the boat in front needs a special mention. They were just too good. I visited Puri many times but every time i was too lazy to wake up and capture the sunrise. But your travelogue has given me enough reasons to wake up early when i visit Puri the next time.

Plus the pictures of the dance program are beautiful too. I know how tough its to take those pics specially on those deceptive lights which are generally present.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 07:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well, I don't normally reply on travelogues unless I have something to chip in. But yours is an exception, I admit. . RevvMusic, the images are splendid and your writing goes hand in hand with your clicks. And, I really liked the opening post (Nah, not that I liked you almost getting into trouble!)

I'm surprised (and shocked as well) to note that majority missed wishing you a Happy Birthday. May be they got carried away seeing the images.

What's with the Pujaris?
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 11:08   #25
BHPian

Amazing pictures - all of them! The colours and the frame are excellent. Congrats.
And lovely travelogue. Keep writing and clicking more.

This birthday is sure going to be one to remember for long!

Happy Birthday!
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 11:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Amazing travelogue and great pictures RevvMusic!

I visited Bhubaneshwar & Puri in September and I must say both are very good places.
Thank you sir. They are indeed good places. One just needs to explore Puri from a non-commercial perspective and it will amaze you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Lovely travelogue and what fantastic pictures man! The early morning pics from the train and the sun rise with the boat in front needs a special mention. They were just too good. I visited Puri many times but every time i was too lazy to wake up and capture the sunrise. But your travelogue has given me enough reasons to wake up early when i visit Puri the next time.

Plus the pictures of the dance program are beautiful too. I know how tough its to take those pics specially on those deceptive lights which are generally present.
Thanks a ton. Yeah, waking up early has it's own sweet advantages.
Appreciate your understanding on the shooting of high speed dances, with deceptive lighting, and a not-so-fast telephoto lens. But as they say, working under constraints teaches us to make the best use of whatever we have at hand at that very moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Well, I don't normally reply on travelogues unless I have something to chip in. But yours is an exception, I admit. . RevvMusic, the images are splendid and your writing goes hand in hand with your clicks. And, I really liked the opening post (Nah, not that I liked you almost getting into trouble!)

What's with the Pujaris?
Those were some really nice words brother. Thanks for the appreciation.
The pujaris there can at times take you for a ride. So one needs to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I'm surprised (and shocked as well) to note that majority missed wishing you a Happy Birthday. May be they got carried away seeing the images.
That was a good one (Nice observation too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Amazing pictures - all of them! The colours and the frame are excellent. Congrats.
And lovely travelogue. Keep writing and clicking more.

This birthday is sure going to be one to remember for long!

Happy Birthday!
Thank you for the birthday wishes. And glad you loved the pictures. Writing is a new found love for me, although I have been writing for years, mainly poetry, but sure I will continue it from now onwards
RevvMusic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Great snaps RevvMusic. The travelogue was a nice read and the pictures are great as well. Do post more
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 16:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Great snaps RevvMusic. The travelogue was a nice read and the pictures are great as well. Do post more
Thanks for taking out the time and going through it
A total photologue coming up next, of an incredible journey that I had undertaken this November.
Old 19th December 2013, 17:23   #29
BHPian

Re: Birthday, Beachwalk, Dance Fest...and a nearly missed Train! (Odisha)

Happy bthday!

I echo everyones sentiment on the pictures! It certainly forced a lot of us casual time passers into posting a comment!

keep clicking & keep posting!
Old 19th December 2013, 17:34   #30
BHPian

Re: Birthday, Beachwalk, Dance Fest...and a nearly missed Train! (Odisha)

Shubho Jonmodin Shubho. Fantastic pictures - special word of mention to your rock steady hand . Used to frequent puri once a month at a time. Sadly, didnt have cameras (heck, even the mobiles didnt have cameras) then.

PS: sunrise pics are ethereal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks