Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 05:11   #16
BHPian

Re: 2400 miles in a Mustang! Phoenix – Tahoe – SFO – Yosemite – Sequoia – LA – Phoeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
My mind too have been bearing the load of a few 'long trip in muscle car' dreams for long time now, including a trip through the coastal Australia, covering Adelaide - Melbourne - Sydney - Brisbane - Gold Coast. But not sure if I can make it a reality any time soon.
This will be an awesome trip! This Australian guy I met made a similar suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
Wonderful thread and photos!
.... Those fantastic smooth winding roads, beautiful picture postcard scenes, and of course a 6 speed manual in my right hand powering an inline 6. Couldn't get any better.
Well done!
A manual tranny would have been the icing on the cake. Which car were you driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Just one request from my side. It would be great if you could put up a map of your trip. Thanks for reviving the memories from my side.
Added the route I took as a separate post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Excellent travelogue Sanjunair, and that too in a Mustang!! Great photos too!
I used to live in Lake Forest CA, and once did a trip to AZ(Flagstaff, Sedona & Grand Canyon South Rim). Desolate I-40 was a great experience, and while coming also checked out the famous Route 66 between Seligman AZ and Kingman AZ. You should check out Route 66 too - Amazing route!!
You know what, while in Santa Monica this thought of taking Route 66 back did occur to me. I was driving back in the night I wouldnt have been able enjoy the road and hence I had to drop the idea of taking the longer route through Route 66. If I get another opportunity, definitely yes!
Sanjunair5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 15:43   #17
BHPian

Re: 2400 miles in a Mustang! Phoenix – Tahoe – SFO – Yosemite – Sequoia – LA – Phoeni

@Sanjunair5

Superb!! Lucky guy - got to go to great places with a great car.
Very nice pics and write up.
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 06:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
@Sanjunair5

Superb!! Lucky guy - got to go to great places with a great car.
Very nice pics and write up.
Thank you a_bharadwaj! I like your profile image, you a doc?
Old 6th January 2014, 07:49   #19
BHPian

Thats one great travelogue and some nice pics. I did a similar solo trip last year from LA to Zion to Bryce to Salt Lake City to LA.
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 00:14   #20
BHPian

What a trip! One of the items of my bucket list is to do such a trip, ALONE! That's the key thing in such a land and in such a car! Congratulations on what you've done!
rangarx is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 02:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
What a trip! One of the items of my bucket list is to do such a trip, ALONE! That's the key thing in such a land and in such a car! Congratulations on what you've done!
Rangarx, just go do it at the first hint of an opportunity you get. I sat on the fence for a long time (8 months!!) thinking when it finally reached a now or never stage. So go do it
Sanjunair5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 02:47   #22
BHPian

Good travelogue, Sanju. As someone rightly mentioned above, it is simple yet so engaging that the reader feels what you felt at the moment. And, that in my opinion, makes your travelogue very personal.

Being in the middle, a road trip to the WEST and a road trip to EAST will need not just a few but a lot more stars than I currently imagine.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 13:11   #23
USJ

Great travelogue Sanju. To go on a road trip through the US in itself is an adventure but to do it solo is truly epic. Is it just me or do others also feel that when we travel solo, we eventually end up meeting a lot of interesting people and actually have a great time socially? I experienced this when I went on a solo backpacking tour across Europe for 10 days covering Pisa, Rome, Ibiza, Barcelona and Amsterdam. However I was inexperienced, couldn't drive and was on a shoestring budget so had to take the available transportation like Air, Rail and Bus. How I wish I could drive back then and go on to post an amazing travelogue like you have. Brilliant and inspiring.
USJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 12:41   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
Here is the route that I followed with approximate daily distance and driving time. My plan was to drive maximum distance on day 1 when I was fully fresh. So I ended I up driving 12 hours on day 1 and 5 or so hours each of the next days.
Attachment 1186482
Excellent write up! Great way to see the USA. We visited Hoover dam in 2010. In those days you could still drive across it. The bridge was under construction at that time.

One question, i like the picture of your route! Ive been trying something similar for some of my trips, but have yet to find a simple way of doing so. Could you share how you put that together? Thanks.
Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 10:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
....One question, i like the picture of your route! Ive been trying something similar for some of my trips, but have yet to find a simple way of doing so. Could you share how you put that together? Thanks.
Jeroen
Jeroen, I am sure there are softwares and apps available, but I did it the sasta, sundar, tikau way. Pasted the map on a ppt slide and then inserted callouts with distance and driving time into it!
Old 27th January 2014, 12:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
Thank you a_bharadwaj! I like your profile image, you a doc?
Yup. That's why the profile pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks