Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:03   #1
BHPian

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor

Preface
12 Months, and not a single planned vacation, sounds like the perfect recipe to start a world war at home. I was desperate for a long leave from work, but project commitments kept me glued to cubicle.

Then all of a sudden, projects were completed before time and leaves for the last week of the year got approved.

With less than 5 days to plan for the trip, we looked at various options for a 6 day vacation.

1. Goa (Been there so many times, but always a new experience)
2. Coorg (Heard/Seen/Wanted to go there)
3. Bangkok/Phuket
4. Darjeeling
5. Conoor/Ooty (had seen some pictures of these places from our friends trip and wanted to visit the mountains)

After a lot of researching and budget analysis we zeroed in on Conoor/Ooty for 2 primary reasons.

1. Closest place from Hyderabad to enjoy the winter chill
2. Spices (I am an avid weekend chef and love the authentic spices from down south)

With the destination decided we set out and made our reservations for Day-2 and Day-3 at Gudallur. (this was the only reservation we made)

The machine - 2012 Brio

Trip Prep
As per our calculations, the trip would be within 2000 kms, so checked the engine oil, looked good, felt and smelt good. Checked the air filter, was dirty, so picked up a replacement one over the counter from Sundaram Honda.(read more about it here) Got the tyre pressure checked, cleaned the car interiors and loaded my driving music collection on the USB. Ready to roll!!

On a side note : I was quite surprised that the only spares i was carrying was a spare key and spare headlamp bulbs, quite in contrast to the elaborate process of packing the toolkit/cables/lubes that i have do on my thunderbird. Honda = peace of mind.

The itinerary

1. Day 1 - 26th Dec - Hyd - Mysore
2. Day 2 - 27th Dec - Mysore (sight seeing) > Gudallur
3. Day 3 - 28th Dec - Gudallur > Bandipur > Mudumalli (Sightseeing)
4. Day 4 - 29th Dec - Gudallur > Pykara > off the map places > Ooty
5. Day 5 - 30th Dec - Ooty (Sight seeing) > Conoor > Ooty (Shopping)
6. Day 6 - 31st Dec - Ooty > Mysore (Shopping) > Bangalore
7. Day 7 - 1st Jan - Bangalore > Hyderabad

Now i will let the pictures do the talking..

Day 1 and Day 2
Attached Thumbnails
Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0001.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0002.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0003.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0004.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0005.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0006.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0007.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0009.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0011.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0012.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0013.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0014.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0015.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0017.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0018.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0019.jpg  

Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor-gck0020.jpg  

Last edited by adityasiera : 27th February 2018 at 00:51.
adityasiera is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor

adityasiera: Can you please add other details such as the journey time, road conditions, where did you stay etc. it will be very useful as I am also planning a drive to Mysore this weekend.
Old 14th January 2014, 23:16   #3
BHPian

Re: Taking a cute hatch out of its comfort zone: Hyderabad > Mysore > Ooty > Coonoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
adityasiera: Can you please add other details such as the journey time, road conditions, where did you stay etc. it will be very useful as I am also planning a drive to Mysore this weekend.
Veknki - I will add all such details and 2nd set of pictures in a couple of days. I have been swamped with work and never got time to finish the log.

thanks,
Adi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks