Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 18:23   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wanderlust traveler - Halebidu - Belur from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
Do you think Chikmagalur to Mysore travel is possible in one day spending enough time for sightseeing at Halebidu, Belur and Shravanbelgola?
Very much and easily doable as the road is fantastic all the way till Mysore. Belur to Mysore is 165 kms which can be done in 3 hours with normal speeds.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 23:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Another thing I wanted to ask you was why you again came back to Hagare when you could directly drive to Belur from Halebidu which is a good road for 16 kms? (Or have I missed something?).
Thanks.

Well, it was a mistake from our end. After our visit to Jain Basti temple we just drove down on Hagare road for few KM's. That was when we remembered about the other route, however felt it was better to continue on this road now instead of turning back.

Quote:
I also learnt from your PM on how you almost missed Athithi which anyways was undergoing renovation. Once functional, I am sure it will be a better option to Kamat the way it has been ever since it came up at this place.
Well, CR Patna Kamat was the worst I went to till date. Staff members were busy talking to each others, our simple order (Idli,Vada, Dosa) took around 45 mins to arrive. Bill had to be corrected three times.

Quote:
Surprisingly, ampere and I had a discussion few weeks back on how Googlemaps shows nothing at this spot!
Yes, infact when you had suggested the place I had tried finding the same in Google maps invain. However the place was listed in MapmyIndia when I did an online search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
Do you think Chikmagalur to Mysore travel is possible in one day spending enough time for sightseeing at Halebidu, Belur and Shravanbelgola?
Thanks Musaafir.
As Parag mentioned in earlier post it is very much possible. Roads around Halebidu area are good.
Old 16th May 2016, 21:23   #18
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
Can anyone tell me how is the road condition from Hasan to Hallebedu now.
Old 16th May 2016, 21:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi Bhpians,
Can anyone tell me how is the road condition from Hasan to Hallebedu now.
Hassan-Hagare-Helebidu should be your route.

Take the Belur Road from Hassan and drive 20 kms till a place called Hagare where you turn right for Halebidu. From here it is 10 kms.

If you want to return back to Bangalore, take the same one in reverse order. However, if you intend to hit Belur after Halebidu, keep in mind that Belur -Halebidu road is in bad shape, thanks to the never ending expansion work.

So you do Hassan-Hagare-Halebidu-Hagare-Belur-Hassan

Or Hassan-Hagare-Belur-Hagare-Halebidu-Hagare-Hassan

The above 2 depending on whether you want to do Belur first or Halebidu.

Bottom line is - Avoid Belur - Helebidu direct road.

Also, Hassan to Helebidu via MCF and Saligrama is not in best of its shape and not really a recommended option.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th May 2016 at 21:40.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks