Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 16:28   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Thailand: Kanchanaburi, Khao Sok & Phuket - A Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I wanted to know if I should apply for Visa on Arrival at Bangkok or at Phuket? I heard the queue in Phuket is comparably less. I don't mind paying 200 Baht for fast track visa.
Yes, Phuket has non existent queues for visa. However, since you are landing in Bangkok, you will have to get visa process done there and then proceed to Phuket in a domestic flight.

Since your transit time it less, would suggest you opt for E-Visa. Slightly expensive than fast track option, however you can avoid any issues due to flight delay.

You can find my post here for details on the same (Thailand 101: Advice, Tips, Planning etc.).
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 14:38   #47
BHPian

Honest advice, take the Visa from India.
2.5 hours is very less time at Bangkok Airport - to get the Visa done and go to your boarding gate for the next flight.
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, Phuket has non existent queues for visa. However, since you are landing in Bangkok, you will have to get visa process done there and then proceed to Phuket in a domestic flight.

Since your transit time it less, would suggest you opt for E-Visa. Slightly expensive than fast track option, however you can avoid any issues due to flight delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Honest advice, take the Visa from India.
2.5 hours is very less time at Bangkok Airport - to get the Visa done and go to your boarding gate for the next flight.
Thanks guys. There wasn't enough time to apply for a visa in India (3 working days are needed), so I took the risk of applying for an express visa on arrival at BKK airport. There were around 100 persons in the line, but I got the visa in 40 minutes. It took another 20 minutes to walk to the domestic terminal and pass immigration and x-ray scanner. I had around 30 minutes to spare before the flight to Phuket took off.

The flight waited for another 20 minutes as a large group of 20 tourists were stuck at the visa on arrival counter.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks