Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 11:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan: A quick Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmum View Post
Amazing photography and description Nikhil. I had always thought of going to Rajasthan, but for some reason it is not materialising. This time however I am resolute on visiting this beautiful state after reading your travelogue. I plan to drive from Mumbai, and hope it would not be such a big hassle. Will do some reaserch on driving from Mumbai to Jaipur, Udaipur etc. How was the hotels that you have mentioned?
The route from Bombay to Udaipur is beautiful. There is a lot of traffic though, so you need to be prepared for that. The expressway from Baroda to Ahd is just fantastic. Near Bharuch, you have to be careful as one bridge that is over the Narmada river is very narrow and you could get stuck for upto 1 hour on that. HVK recommends an alternate route over the Golden bridge (or something like that).

The hotels I stayed in were fantastic. No complaints whatsoever. Udaipur- Mahendra Prakash. Second time staying here and I loved it. Food is terrible though. I would recommend you eat out and come here to sleep!

In Jodhpur, the Hotel Madho Vilas was excellent as well. It has a pure veg restaurant so I was disappointed! But the room was good. This place is actually the house of some royal family member and they still live there and run this hotel.

Udaipur to Jodhpur road is not very fast. The road condition is good though. From Pali onwards, the road is a 4 lane road but constant construction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya_G View Post
Hi Nikhil,

I was in Rajasthan in the last week of November for my 2nd anniversary and had visited all these places along with Jaisalmer and Udaipur. Felt like I was reliving my trip. Mehrangarh fort is really awe inspiring and I was left wondering all the time about how the people there would have built this mammoth fort in those days, without the help of limited technology. The intricate designs on the jharokas truly make you feel proud of Indian craftsmanship. Umaid Palace is another work of fascination and is beyond words!!

You should definitely visit Jaisalmer for its desert safari. Surely worth spending a couple of days.
Maybe next time! I've heard a lot about Jaisalmer and would love to visit there.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 10:34   #17
BHPian

Awesome craftsmanship. Hadn't seen a complete collection of the fort yet. Thanks for the pics and details. What a detailing in works of each part of the palace!
Old 10th February 2014, 15:07   #18
BHPian

How is jodhpur to jaisalmer road? Do we bypass Jodhpur or go through it? Also while travelling from Jaipur to jodhpur do we bypass Ajmer town or go through it?
Old 13th February 2014, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Awesome and Rocking Photographs.. My nephew just did a rajasthan trip and shared some great pictures as well on FB.. Rajasthan is my do to list.. will contact you when i plan a trip... Absolutely wonderful snaps...

Thanks for sharing!
Old 13th February 2014, 15:36   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pics Nikhil, especially the night pics in 'Chokhi Dhaani'.
As you mentioned Jaisalmer is also a must visit if time permits, especially the havelis near the fort.
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
How is jodhpur to jaisalmer road? Do we bypass Jodhpur or go through it? Also while travelling from Jaipur to jodhpur do we bypass Ajmer town or go through it?
I dont know about Jaisalmer as I havent been there.

From Jodhpur to Jaipur, we touched Ajmer but basically flew past it. Didnt even know it was Ajmer if not for some of the boards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks