Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2014, 12:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Drive to the gorgeous Athirappilly Falls, via stunning Valparai

"Muttathe Mullakku Manamilla"- apty said M35. The same happens with people in Tamilnadu, where many like me are reluctant companions, when elders plan a trip to one of the many famous temple towns in our state. I am from Tirupur and I have visited Athirapally falls (though I haven't still had the nerve to go the whole hog and do the Vazhachal-Valparai route) many more times than I have been to the glorious temples around Trichy, Tanjore and Kumbakonam. Nice post and superb pics. Hope you will post more pics of the places in between Vazhachal and Valparai.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 20:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
You should be able to do it easily in your Figo,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Should not be a problem as I did the route with my Alto way back in 2010 and the road was really in a very bad shape then. Ground Clearance should not be an issue for a Figo.
Thank you guys.. But sadly I couldn't find a nice place to stay in Valparai, seems those recommended tea estate bungalows are occupied through out next week.

There's always next time. I ve already been to Valparai, but doesn't stayed there. Anyways now planning for Munnar..
Old 18th May 2014, 15:50   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@M35 - Nice Travelogue, excellent pictures, Thanks for sharing

You seem to have enjoyed the day trip with a drive up to Valparai and returning back home all in one day. You're lucky to be around Chalakudy to be able to do this!

I guess you did not trek down to the base of the falls at Athirapilly that would have been a good experience as well. You can do it on your next trip if you reach early before the sun starts blazing.

There was some construction (a flyover/bridge) near the Pollachi Bus stand - is that complete now ?

Last edited by NPV : 18th May 2014 at 15:53.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 16:28   #19
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Nice post and superb pics. Hope you will post more pics of the places in between Vazhachal and Valparai.
Thanks. Will definitely post much better pictures once I do the same stretch this July during rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
You seem to have enjoyed the day trip with a drive up to Valparai and returning back home all in one day. You're lucky to be around Chalakudy to be able to do this!
We don’t live near Chalakkudy. We did cover a good 100km before we took left to Athirapally road from NH-47, at Chalakkudy. Yes, we did have a fantastic driving experience that day. Planning a repeat this July in rains.

Quote:
I guess you did not trek down to the base of the falls at Athirapilly that would have been a good experience as well. You can do it on your next trip if you reach early before the sun starts blazing.
We did. In fact, most of the pictures of the Falls posted were taken from the base. Sun was definitely blazing down in its full glory that noon.

Quote:
There was some construction (a flyover/bridge) near the Pollachi Bus stand - is that complete now ?
It is and getting near the Pollachi Bus Stand wasn't any difficult at all.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Muttathe Mullakku Manamilla” (the jasmine flowers of our courtyard has no fragrance).We never see what’s in our own backyard, we search it elsewhere.
Excellent travelogue coupled with great snaps. Way to go Mate
Old 30th May 2014, 12:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ M35: Nice story with photos. Lots of details on the circuit and the map is very useful.

Reminded me of my trip to PGT and to Athirapally in 2012, full blown rainy season, also stayed at Kandamkulathy Resort there for 2 days. Was a wonderful trip, took a drive but due to lack of time could not do the Valparai circult. Your T log has kindled that fire, plan to finish that circuit this rainy season. May be we can meet on the road during July/ August. Would be working from Palakkad as base.

--Ramky
=====
Old 19th October 2015, 19:35   #22
BHPian

Visited Parambikulam->Valparai->Athirapally falls this weekend. Roads all the way from Aliyar to Valparai to Athirapally are in excellent condition. Chalakudy->Thrissur->Palaghat route is bad in few stretches(two lane) where the road work is in progress. Mostly its good with neat four lanes with divider.

Roads inside Parambikulam tiger reserve is in pretty bad shape.
Old 21st October 2015, 08:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Visited Parambikulam->Valparai->Athirapally falls this weekend. Roads all the way from Aliyar to Valparai to Athirapally are in excellent condition. Chalakudy->Thrissur->Palaghat route is bad in few stretches(two lane) where the road work is in progress. Mostly its good with neat four lanes with divider.

Roads inside Parambikulam tiger reserve is in pretty bad shape.
Earlier first 10 kms or so of the Valaparai Athirapally falls road was a potholed one. Now is the entire stretch in a very good condition?
Old 21st October 2015, 18:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Earlier first 10 kms or so of the Valaparai Athirapally falls road was a potholed one. Now is the entire stretch in a very good condition?
Yes. We took the regular Valparai to Sholayar to Athirampally route and i dont remember any bad stretch. It was good all the way.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks