Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2014, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Re: An 8000 km Solo Trip: To Gujarat & Rajasthan

One word - Fabulous!!. Honestly a brilliant Travelogue . I must confess that I don't frequent the Travelogue section much, but today when I opened the T-BHP home page I saw this, and from that moment I did not stop reading till the very end.
The way each destination is summarized with pictures, experiences and tips at the end made it one effortless read.

Thanks for providing us with such an exquisite travelogue. Hope you will have many more trips and keep on churning out more travelogues.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 18:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Close encounters of the animal kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
I will end my travelogue with a completely irreverent post . Thanks for reading my travelogue and safe driving.
Wow Amazing Travelogue and cant imagine you did such a long distance marathon with an i10!
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 22:32   #33
BHPian

Re: Close encounters of the animal kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
One word - Fabulous!!. Honestly a brilliant Travelogue . I must confess that I don't frequent the Travelogue section much, but today when I opened the T-BHP home page I saw this, and from that moment I did not stop reading till the very end.
The way each destination is summarized with pictures, experiences and tips at the end made it one effortless read.
Very kind words Mahesh. Delighted that you liked this travelogue. Even more than the actual travel, I am enjoying some wonderful words from kind commenters such as yourself. Much obliged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Wow Amazing Travelogue and cant imagine you did such a long distance marathon with an i10!
Thanks very much. Ranjitp1 did this in a M 800 with his 2 year old daughter. I was actually inspired by that and compared to his journey an i10 journey alone seems to be way way easier !
Secretariat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 17:26   #34
BHPian

The cars of today are highly reliable and I am sure that your i10 would easily travel to the northeast if you chose to drive there. The reliability problems disappeared with the demise of the Ambassador and the Premier. The travelogue by Ranjitp1 on a M800 shows how reliable this car was. I had driven my 800 from Ahmedabad to Trivandrum and back way back in 1999, when roads where nothing like those today. I remember practically diving into a huge pothole somewhere near Thallassery in Kerala, and I thought the car must have broken in two. But it continued on and returned to Ahmedabad. I also drove the 800 to Jaisalmer, Jodhpur with a full complement of two families (four adults and two kids) around the same time. So, any car of today is ready for the challenge to drive Kannyakumari to Kargil or Koteshwar to Kohima, but the point is, is the driver upto the challenge?

Thanks for a wonderful travelogue and do keep writing about your trips in the future. Rajasthan has still some surprises for you, for eg. Chittaurgarh, Ranathambore, Kumbalgadh, Bhartapur etc.

Saji
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 08:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
The cars of today are highly reliable and I am sure that your i10 would easily travel to the northeast if you chose to drive there. I had driven my 800 from Ahmedabad to Trivandrum and back way back in 1999, when roads where nothing like those today. I also drove the 800 to Jaisalmer, Jodhpur with a full complement of two families (four adults and two kids) around the same time. So, any car of today is ready for the challenge to drive Kannyakumari to Kargil or Koteshwar to Kohima, but the point is, is the driver upto the challenge?

Thanks for a wonderful travelogue and do keep writing about your trips in the future. Rajasthan has still some surprises for you, for eg. Chittaurgarh, Ranathambore, Kumbalgadh, Bhartapur etc.

Saji
Thanks Saji. Completely agree - the cars of today are incredible. If only the roads of India were also like that, we could practically go anywhere on any vehicle. But when roads resemble minefields, there comes a point when hatchbacks and sedans have to retire and leave the field to the SUVs.

Wow, your travels seem like real adventures. Hopefully, you would write about them - who says travelogues have to only be current !! And yes, Rajasthan has so much more to offer. India as a whole is an open canvas that is difficult to do justice to in a lifetime. But even if we cannot go everywhere, we can revel in them through travelogues
Old 20th March 2014, 09:25   #36
BHPian

Nice Travelogue Secretariat. I too have a passion for such really long trips, but going solo really needs courage.

Can you share the complete cost of the trip?

40K seems to be just the fuel cost in petrol i10.
ank.nsit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 16:12   #37
BHPian

Really great travelogue, and very well written. I like the way in which you have mentioned tips for traveling to all such places, its really helpful for someone like me who wishes to travel to Gujarat from Bangalore.

Many thanks for everything, though I have a question, you have written in the travelog 'The Great Rann of Kutch is a must see for seasoned travelers, and an amazing place, but is not a great destination if you are taking kids.'

Any specific reasons why you said taking kids is not a great destination? I've a 6 months old daughter and I'm planning to do a Gujarat trip in Dec-Jan this year when she will be around 1 year and 2-3 months old.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 17:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Can you share the complete cost of the trip?

40K seems to be just the fuel cost in petrol i10.
Thanks ank. I didn't keep a close track of the costs as such, but yes, I spent about Rs 40,000 on fuel alone. Add in Rs 4500 on tolls , and another Rs 8000 in the garage to counter the close attention the horse paid me . Overall, it was expensive, especially for a single traveler, but the experience was priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
Many thanks for everything, though I have a question, you have written in the travelog 'The Great Rann of Kutch is a must see for seasoned travelers, and an amazing place, but is not a great destination if you are taking kids.'

Any specific reasons why you said taking kids is not a great destination?
Thanks. Appreciate the kind words. Oh it is perfectly fine to take kids along to the Kutch in terms of facilities. The reason I said it is not a destination for kids is that there isn't much there to attract them - endless vistas of salt, great scenery, splendid isolation, etc etc are not particularly interesting to children. But that won't be a bar for a one year old - she'll be more interested in playing with you, I guess !!
Old 23rd March 2014, 22:43   #39
BHPian

Awesome Narration and tips for future drives by others. I do plan to travel to GIR some day and am sure that day your thread would be one of the most helpful
PSOPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 00:38   #40
Team-BHP Support

Awesome thread.

Its beyond midnight and I am not able to stop reading this thread, twice.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 07:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Awesome thread.
Awww. I am totally honoured, this coming from a guru. Many thanks.
Old 5th May 2014, 17:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Thar Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Day 13 – Damodra – Jaisalmer – Tanot – Longewala – Jaisalmer ( 310 kms)
Sorry about the rather delayed response. I saw this thread browsing around for GJ travelogues. Had been to Tanot-Longewala a year back. Ofcourse I drew the inspiration from Ranjit as well The ATM and restaurant did exist a year back too. We did try for the permits but didn't get. There's also a temple about 10 km before Tanot on Jaisalmer-Tanot road, which almost feels middle of nowhere.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks