Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur

Unexpected rain in the month of May inspired an unexpected trip to Chickmagalur. During rainy season, "Mullayyanagiri" becomes my favorite destination which is about 20 kms., from Chickmagalur. Mist, Fog, tiny droplets, greenery changes "Mullayyanagiri" into heaven. From Mangalore Chickmagalur is about 135km., but driving at "Charmadi" ghat section becomes a nightmare due to hundreds of tourist vehicles rushing down to "Dharmasthala" temple through this stretch of road. I really curse vehicles particularly bearing Bangalore registration, since they don't have any patience, respect for others. Their life style, unnecessary hurry, urgency, everything shows up in their driving styles.( really sorry for this comment) Visibility was so poor and they are hurrying as if they are going to miss their flight. I saw a swift dezire bearing Bangalore registration miraculously escaped from a direct collision with a KSRTC bus which was coming down the hill. Split second decision by the driver of the KSRTC averted a major mishap but skidding of the bus led to a traffic jam for about 20 minutes. But the Swift fellow simply reversed and fled the scene.

We reached "Mullayyanagiri" by 4 p.m. Road condition is very treacherous near the top. Visibility was just 5 mtrs. Here life becomes a nightmare if you have vehicles coming down the hill. I strongly suggest to stop your vehicle near a small temple about 2km., down the hill where you can park your vehicle without any headache. Also watch for numerous Mahindra pic-ups carrying workers shuttling Chickmaglur to Mullayyanagiri.

Due to heavy mist and rain we spent about one hour over there. Visibility started deteriorating and we decided to return. Really sorry for the poor pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2597.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2598.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2600.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2601.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2602.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2604.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2605.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2610.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2611.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2613.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2614.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2615.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2618.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2617.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2619.jpg  

Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur-dscn2620.jpg  

B.R.S.Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur

Nice pics ! Do you have any more of the roads till Mullayangiri ?

About idiots on the Bangalore-Mangalore roads , agree completely with you . Most of these Bangalore registered cars ( especially tourist cabs) have just no regard for anyone .

These days you have a new breed of idiots - drivers of self-driven rented cars . These drivers dont own the vehicles , may not be regular drivers and they have to pay just 5K INR as insurance which takes care of any damages .

Thats the reason , we now drive only late nights whenever driving to /from Mangalore on long weekends .
Old 9th May 2014, 19:17   #3
BHPian

Re: Quick trip to Mullayanagiri, Chickmagalur

Yes. Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Chickmagalur. Excellent road till Chickmagalur.
Old 10th May 2014, 21:26   #4
BHPian

Fabulous photographs and write-up Rao saheb!!! The greenery is definitely soothing to our eyes which are used to see the concrete jungle of Bangalore. If you do not mind, could you share more details about the accommodation.

Regards,

Samish
samish_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 21:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Yes. Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Chickmagalur. Excellent road till Chickmagalur.

I was asking if you have any pics of the roads uphill to mulliyangiri

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Old 11th May 2014, 10:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I was asking if you have any pics of the roads uphill to mulliyangiri

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Really sorry, It was raining heavily. Chickmagalur to Mullayyanagiri road is covered with mist, no proper place to park my vehicle, and also I do take care of my camera very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Fabulous photographs and write-up Rao saheb!!! The greenery is definitely soothing to our eyes which are used to see the concrete jungle of Bangalore. If you do not mind, could you share more details about the accommodation.

Regards,

Samish
Thank you very much.There are many good Homestays available. I like "Devigiri Homestay" ( Ms.Ramadevi, 9448817524) and "Woodway Homestay" (Mr.Sreedev, 9448245201). I am a vegetarian and I do like food of Hotel Soundarya, Main road , Chickmagalur (crowded place but there is no other way..)

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th May 2014 at 21:45. Reason: Back to back posts
B.R.S.Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 22:20   #7
BHPian

Awesome weather and beautiful pictures. The greenery is mind boggling.
Please post about road conditions post Chikmagalur and your stay experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks