Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 20:28   #16
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dizzy DriveŽ: Quick Escape to the calm, serene & mesmerising Red Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Very gud write up. What were the tariffs and how would you rate the food at the resort?
Thanks. Tariff was as mentioned on their website - Rs.7500/- per night for 2 adults including all meals. Additional Rs.750/- per night for children.
Food felt homely and was nice nothing extravagant though. Continental breakfast is served every morning.
We liked the Rasam, Beetroot-Carrot Soup, Salads and Dal.

They have rooms facing the front (Emerald Lake View) and the mountains/temple, another cottage higher up on the hill and Tents as well, do check out the site and availability and decide what you like.

Forgot to mention this earlier - they are closed for 2 months during the monsoons as the place gets a lot of torrential rains. Don't know the exact dates though, please check.

Last edited by NPV : 15th May 2014 at 20:31.
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:51   #17
BHPian

Good write up NPV! I did make a trip to Ooty/Coonor in March and Redhill was in our plan. We checked Acres Wild (due to the same reason, too many Ooty trips) and luckily there were cottages available on that day and booked Haloumi for our stay.

From your photos and travelogue , Redhill seems to be a better choice , but might be little more expensive than Acres wild. Should try that next time.

For onward journey from Bangalore , we took Kanakapura road -> Gundlupet and then climbed Masanagudi -> Ooty -> Coonor. For a change, while coming back we took Coonor -> Mettupalayam->Bannari-> Dhimbam and back to Chamarajanagar. Journey was quite good , except for the very hot climate in TN , especially near Bannari.
Napo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Excellent trip, NPV.

Being in Bangalore, Avalanche/Emerald has become a must visit place. We too were there in the winters last year and had an amazing time. Your thread reminded me of our visit. Thanks.

Just sharing two pictures of Avalanche/Emerald which I love very much. Hope you don't mind.

Dizzy DriveŽ: Quick Escape to the calm, serene & mesmerising Red Hills-dsc09338_edit-copy.jpg

Dizzy DriveŽ: Quick Escape to the calm, serene & mesmerising Red Hills-dsc09393_edit-copy.jpg

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 19:06   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
For a change, while coming back we took Coonor -> Mettupalayam->Bannari-> Dhimbam and back to Chamarajanagar. Journey was quite good , except for the very hot climate in TN , especially near Bannari.
What was the distance to Bangalore on this route ?

I contemplated taking this route and changed my mind since I didn't want to take a chance (getting lost being the first time). But I recently did a Gobi-Talavadi-Chamarajanagar-Bangalore trip and know the places for the turn-off's now

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Just sharing two pictures of Avalanche/Emerald which I love very much. Hope you don't mind.
Excellent pictures, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by NPV : 8th July 2014 at 19:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks