Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:24   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!

Superb travelogue accompanied by high quality pics. The elephant shower pic takes the cake for me.

A well deserved 5 star rating for the thread. Thanks for sharing.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Awesome travelogue, your pictures are looking very Pro. So only 1 sighting for 20 seconds of the tiger? Well I would say that's worth the trip.

You did not try the other bank of the Yamuna to take sunset pictures of the Taj? or is that blocked now a days. The Taj looks dirty and pale compared to some of the pictures you see on the Internet.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:15   #18
BHPian

Samba,
Beautiful travelogue.
All the photographs are superb and I particularly liked your Architecture shots at Agra !
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 14:07   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Superb travelogue accompanied by high quality pics. The elephant shower pic takes the cake for me.

A well deserved 5 star rating for the thread. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot. Am a big time follower of all your travelogues in Team Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Awesome travelogue, your pictures are looking very Pro. So only 1 sighting for 20 seconds of the tiger? Well I would say that's worth the trip.

You did not try the other bank of the Yamuna to take sunset pictures of the Taj? or is that blocked now a days. The Taj looks dirty and pale compared to some of the pictures you see on the Internet.
Thanks.

At the bank of Yamuna some film shooting was going on and it was like a total mess with the local crowds seeing the shooting. So i avoided going there.

Actually the Taj marbles are slight yellowish plus i have taken the pics at the time of sunset so that may be one of the reason it didn't look as white as you expected from the other internet pics. Secondly i have not edited the pics much, i have kept them nearly to what i saw.

So if any one visits the Taj during 12noon in harsh sunlight it may appear more white and brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Samba,
Beautiful travelogue.
All the photographs are superb and I particularly liked your Architecture shots at Agra !
Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Samba : 3rd June 2014 at 14:09.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:43   #20

A very nicely narrated and composed travelouge I must say, accompanied by some quality pictures. The feeling of going on a jungle safari is really unique, away from the maddening city crowd and the concrete jungle. Even I have been on a number of jungle safaris in Kanha and Bandhavgarh national parks and the experience is just awesome. Your travelogue has inspired me a lot to wirte down my own very soon.
abhi_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Three first time experiences like spotting a tiger

http://www.sambasenguptaphotography.com/
Dear Samba,
Could you please share the details of the accomodation name, cost of the safaris etc. Would really appreciate it.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:24   #22
BHPian

Just one correction. The deer identified as Nilgai is a Sambar. The Nilgai's are found mostly in the South of India in Tamil Nadu
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_dude View Post
A very nicely narrated and composed travelouge I must say, accompanied by some quality pictures. The feeling of going on a jungle safari is really unique, away from the maddening city crowd and the concrete jungle. Even I have been on a number of jungle safaris in Kanha and Bandhavgarh national parks and the experience is just awesome. Your travelogue has inspired me a lot to wirte down my own very soon.
Great to know you liked it. Will be eagerly waiting for your travelogues to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Dear Samba,
Could you please share the details of the accomodation name, cost of the safaris etc. Would really appreciate it.
The room + permit charge for 2 days 3 nights were Rs 4,475 for a double bed room at Dhikala FRH inside Corbett. For more details on Dhikala you can go to there website whose link i have shared in my opening post.

Jeep Safari rate for whole day is rs 3,500 (You can bargain with them). If you stay at Ramnagar and hire a jeep, go inside and again come out after 3-4 hours of safari then the rate will be less. As i stayed at Dhikala which is 25 kms inside the jungle i had to hire the jeep for full 3 days. So for three days it was rs 10,500. It included taking you from Ramnagar to Dhikala. Then an afternoon safari at Dhikala. Next day two safari one in morning one in afternoon. In the last day they will take you for a morning safari then after check out will bring you back to Ramnagar. So 4 jeep safari + taking you to Dhikala and back from Corbett. What i could make out was we had an approximately 130kms ride on the gypsy inside the jungle and around 40 kms outside (Corbett gate to Ramnagar up & down)

For food, breakfast is served at rs 200 per person and rs 250 for lunch and dinner per person. Its served in buffet. So for two of us we had 2 break fast 1 lunch 2 dinners. So the total comes to rs 2,300. Tea and cold drinks are extra. Cold drinks rs 30 for a 300ml bottle, tea/coffee rs 20 per cup.

Our total came to rs 17,275. I have got it booked from a known agent as getting a booking online is near to impossible.As whole package i gave him rs 18,000 including room, permit, jeep and food.

For elephant safari you have to book the elephants from Dhikala at rs 300 per person.

Just as a tip if you plan on Corbett do stay at Dhikala not at Ramnagar and go inside for a Safari. Staying inside the jungle is a different feel altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Just one correction. The deer identified as Nilgai is a Sambar. The Nilgai's are found mostly in the South of India in Tamil Nadu
Ah thanks for the correction.
Even i was confused. So i Google'd few pics and thought it to be a Nilgai. Both has too much similarity.

Last edited by Samba : 3rd June 2014 at 20:34.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 13:20   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your travel. Beautiful photography to compliment a nicely written travelogue Samba!I did visit your website too and it contains some excellent stuff.

--
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 16:12   #25

The pictures are splendid. You might have used the same lens, but the outcome is fantastic. You have very effectively used both your weekends.
RoadSafety_RR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 17:54   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Congrats on your travel. Beautiful photography to compliment a nicely written travelogue Samba!I did visit your website too and it contains some excellent stuff.

--
Sayak
Thanks a lot. Would definitely like to meet you some day in our Kolkata Team Bhp meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSafety_RR View Post
The pictures are splendid. You might have used the same lens, but the outcome is fantastic. You have very effectively used both your weekends.
Thanks a ton. When ever i get a chance, i dont leave a chance to travel. Last time i visited Delhi in November for 4 days i did a two days trip to Nainital in the week end.

I was in Delhi for few days so managed to click few pics in and around Delhi and few from flight. Sharing few of those pics. I have taken the pics of the Qutub Minar and India gate by my Dslr and the rest are from my cell phone. Hope you like these pics.

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9188.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9190.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9200.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9243.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9258.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_9263.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2255.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2299.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2309.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2079.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2082.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2085.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2321.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2327.jpg

Corbett Tiger Reserve & Agra: Two consecutive weekends from Delhi!-img_2330.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 4th June 2014 at 18:07.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Ho Samba,

Welcome to Delhi and thanks for realizing we Delhiwallas, that we not only live in a beautiful and monumental city but we also have great places nearby and they can be visited n number of times.

Well I have visited Corbett and Agra, more than once and always felt that we need some more days at Corbett. The mere sight of Resort at Kosi River Bank is exciting and crystal clear water with pebble bed is delight bath.
The Corbett Park visit itself is thrilling and it does not matter, whether you sight the big Cat or not. The huge Jungle is adventurous and keeps us thrilled.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th June 2014 at 12:29.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 18:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Ho Samba,

Welcome to Delhi and thanks for realizing we Delhiwallas, that we not only live in a beautiful and monumental city but we also have great places nearby and they can be visited n number of times.
I cant agree to you more on this. To be very honest am jealous of you Delhi guys! You people have so many option's over the week ends. Just name it and you have it with in the 500kms range. Last time i visited Delhi in November for four days i visited Nainital. Leave apart Nainital you have Shimla, Narkanda, Amritsar, Corbett, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ranthambore, Sariska, Bharatpur, Mathura/vrindavan, Mussoorie, chakrata, Dheradun and the list goes on & on which you can visit over the week ends! I seriously hope i could be in Delhi for at least 6 months and i should have my own car with me!

Quote:
Well I have visited Corbett and Agra, more than once and always felt that we need some more days at Corbett. The mere sight of Resort at Kosi River Bank is exciting and crystal clear water with pebble bed is delight bath.
Again your are bang on. I stayed for 2 night 3 days and still while coming back it felt few more days would have been better. Just one thing i will suggest you, is try to stay at Dhikala next time. It has a different feeling altogether.

Quote:
The Corbett Park visit itself is thrilling and it does not matter, whether you sight the big Cat or not. The huge Jungle is adventurous and keeps us thrilled.
This is what 99.9% people wont understand. The thrill and the beauty this jungle offers is totally priceless. I have seen people getting frustrated when they cant spot a tiger. They feel there money is totally wasted. Corbett has so much to offer. I am just blown away by the beautiful landscape of Corbett! People spend so much to go to see beautiful places but once they are at Corbett they over look the beauty of Corbett in search of tigers! I do agree spotting a tiger is definitely worth and is a life time experience but still if you miss spotting it you are at no loss, atleast at Corbett.

Last edited by Samba : 5th June 2014 at 18:39.
Old 6th June 2014, 12:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Samba - great trip and even better snaps. That was a cute pic of the Tiger's head popping out So your 10 minutes delay notched up the value of the trip multiple times eh? That's providence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Correction to a correction : Nilgai's are generally not found in Tamilnadu, (except perhaps rarely - i dont remember anyone reporting a sighting). I think you are referring to black-buck (?). Nilgai's are mostly found in the Central and Western Indian arid places. Very common in Gujarat, as I found out!!
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 19:17   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Samba - great trip and even better snaps. That was a cute pic of the Tiger's head popping out So your 10 minutes delay notched up the value of the trip multiple times eh? That's providence!
Yes that certainly was an icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Correction to a correction : Nilgai's are generally not found in Tamilnadu, (except perhaps rarely - i dont remember anyone reporting a sighting). I think you are referring to black-buck (?). Nilgai's are mostly found in the Central and Western Indian arid places. Very common in Gujarat, as I found out!!
Yes one thing i want to mention. On the way to Agra on Yamuna express way there was a hoarding stating 'Drive slow Nilgai crossing zone' soon after that our driver showed us some Nilgai's in the field too. Previously i have seen Nilgai in Nagerhole forest at Karnataka too. It seems its found in most places of India!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks