Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 09:46   #46

Re: Photologue : Short stay in Bangalore

As many have already stated, it was quite refreshing to see Namma Bengaluru through the eyes of a visitor. It was on December 5th 2012 when i landed in Bangalore for the first time and was greeted with light showers and lovely weather. I was not a BHPian then. I had been following this community from a long time and after seeing so many BHPians embracing their tags on their vehicle, even i decided to give a try.

It was amazing. I bought my first car in December 2013 and just the next day was accepted as a member. Soon after a month, i joined the 10th anniversary celebration of Team BHP.

Its been lovely being here in Bangalore and being a part of this lovely family.

Cheers to all.

PS : Do let us know when you drop by next time. We will surely catch up.
Old 9th June 2014, 09:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

v12 wonderful t-log. Guess what , last week after I read your travelogue I was cursing myself for being a Bangalore bred gent and that it had been ages since I even took a stroll along MG Road and it's vicinity.

I was so intrigued byyour travelogue that I decided to trash all my other weekend commitments and made time to take a stroll along MG Road.
Damn, it brought back a lot of memories from the 90's and like hell I missed my school and college days.

I owe you one for getting me out of mundane chores over the weekend and go back to a life that I cherished. Thanks man.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 10:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

not done yaar! you came all the way to Bangalore and didn't even meet up! next time, no excuses!

btw, excellent write up and photographs brought back memories. gone were the days of loafing around on M.G road, Brigade road and Residency road. gosh, i've almost stopped going that side of town coz of the traffic! one of these days, i'm leaving the car home and going for Bangalore darshan with my camera.

btw, already Facebooked it

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th June 2014 at 10:20.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 11:20   #49
BHPian

Hey V12,

Amazing travelogue. Has been stated plenty times in this thread already, but its really refreshing to see Bangalore through the eyes of a visitor. Things that are really great about Bangalore which we Bangaloreans usually take for granted are so evident from your post.
I stayed in Mysore all my childhood and used to look forward to Bangalore trips with so much enthusiasm. Going to MG road, VM road, Brigade road, Commercial street, Lavelle road used to be something we used to look forward to for days. You took me back the memory lane. Thanks on that.
Nowadays, any trip towards that part of town is encountered with various issues like state of traffic, parking woes, time take to travel and its not the same as it used to be anymore.
Next time you are here, do make sure you make it a point to visit eateries in Bangalore, plenty of good food, variety of cuisines. Me being a big foodie myself, can help you out with that.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 12:27   #50
BHPian

Wow thanks for the wonderful travelogue. The aerial view of the western express highway looks amazing. Didn't know HAL had designed a car. That's interesting.
Servegaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:06   #51

Excellent travelogue even after being in Bangalore for 10+ years I had not seen the HAL Museum. Need to visit soon.

One update with bus-service from BMTC is they have started HOHO (Hop On Hop Out) tourist buses in Bengaluru. Where in you can buy a ticket for a day for Rs.250 and spend any amount of time in your preferred tourist spot. Every 30 mins you can hop on to other tourist bus (or any city-bus for that matter). They will cover about 10 places in a day.
veerubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 08:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! Never imagined that Bangalore could be so much picturesque !!
We, Bangaloreans are so used to things around us that clicking a nice picture goes out of the window. Rather we crib about the negativities.

I wouldn't say that "you didnt see this or that". I happy that whatever you saw, you enjoyed.

Anytime you visit again, please do PM any of the Bangaloreans. We would meet up and make sure that your stay is more enjoyable.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 10:33   #53
BHPian

Hi V12,
Thanks for this amazing reminder of where we are. As someone mentioned above, we are taking our own city for granted. Its indeed amazing to see it through the eyes of a visitor. We live so close to all these places yet have never made the time to go and see them. A big thumbs up.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 10:52   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
not done yaar! you came all the way to Bangalore and didn't even meet up! next time, no excuses!

btw, excellent write up and photographs brought back memories. gone were the days of loafing around on M.G road, Brigade road and Residency road. gosh, i've almost stopped going that side of town coz of the traffic! one of these days, i'm leaving the car home and going for Bangalore darshan with my camera.

btw, already Facebooked it
Lets make a trip out of it. Do invite me as well. Will have lunch and a few drinks together. Others are welcome as well
Old 11th June 2014, 15:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Very nice travelog! It has been 2 years since i left Bangalore. You brought back nice memories of the 8 years I spent there.

Thank you!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks