Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 13:13   #1
BHPian

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago

One fine sunny morning in the office, the phone at my desk rings. It was my Manager on the other end.
" Can you quickly see me now?"
I said "Yes" and proceeded to meet my Manager wondering what can be the matter. On reaching there...
Manager : " Do you have US visa"?
Me : "Yes, I have B1 visa"
Manager: " Good. That will save us some time. Quickly get your documentation ready for travel to Trinidad & Tobago."
Me : "Ok. Is it short term or long term?"
Manager: " Probably long term. You can travel with family. Get in touch with travel desk to get more details."
Me: "Ok."

Although i said Ok and left, I knew what i had to do next.i e to hit Google to find where on earth is this "Trinidad & Tobago"? So after lot of research on the location & its suitability for travel with family, i was really not able to decide about family travelling with me. Most worrying information about the country was its high crime rate. To top that, there was a night time curfew being put there that time to control the crime rate. So i was really worried how to convince my wife & kids to travel.But as good wife that she is, she was ready to travel to any part of the world, as long as i'm by her side. So that part was over and we were all set to travel to the queen of the Caribbean.....Trinidad & Tobago.

Now when we mention Caribbean, the first thing comes to mind is its beautiful serene beaches, so here are some pictures highlighting the same.

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12590.jpg

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12561.jpg

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12558.jpg

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc10811-2.jpg

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12594.jpg

But Trinidad & Tobago is not only about beaches, there's lot more to it to experience. Lets see what we have there now...

The World's tallest statue of Hanuman ( outside of India) @ 85 ft.

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-imag0505.jpg

Some more temples...

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-imag0551.jpg
God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-imag0774.jpg
God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12633.jpg

The Pitch Lake- the largest natural deposit of asphalt in the world.

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc10841-2.jpg

Although its island country, its full of hills so there are numerous water falls to soak in.

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12731.jpg
God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12340.jpg

A beautiful rainbow across the beach

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12478.jpg

A road ending in the thick rain-forest

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-imag0725.jpg

Rain clouds gathering over rain-forests

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12404.jpg

And finally the rain in the rain-forest

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12745.jpg

A lonely boat anchored in the calm morning sleeping sea...

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12671.jpg

First rays of the sun over calm sea

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12670.jpg

A boat in the golden waters of the sea

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12931.jpg

A blue boat in green waters under the blue sky...

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12798.jpg

All the hues & colors gathering in the sky to say good-bye to setting sun...

God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc10861-2.jpg
God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12269.jpg
God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago-sdc12484.jpg

All the pictures above are just a glimpse of all the wonderful experiences we had during our stay of over a year in Trinidad & Tobago. Whichever place i travel to, i always make it point to explore the places around and our stay in Trinidad & Tobago was no exception. On many weekends we used to rent a car and roam around the island. More on those experiences will be coming up soon....Till then keep
yogee is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 17:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago

Come on! You mentioned that you make it a point to explore the place around the one you travel, if so, then why ain't you sharing your experience on this thread. I am sure a lot of us here would love to know more about Trinidad and Tobago and your experience in the country so similar to ours yet so different, now that you have ignited the interest.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 19:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: God's own country in the Caribbean...Trinidad & Tobago

Wonderful pictures.

I hope the first post was only a curtain raiser and more detailed TL is on the cards covering travel to the place, accommodation, sight seeing, etc.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 20:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice write up! Thanks.
I know these island pretty well, although i haven't been there for the last couple of years.
My wife grew up in Barbados which is just north east from these two islands. Over the years a lot of immigrants have gone from T&T to Barbados. So to date there are a lot of people going back and forth between the islands. I have sailed around these waters extensively, both professionally as well as for leisure. Many of these Caribbean islands have a very similar feel to it. Very pleasant climate, and a friendly laid back attitude towards everything in life. You don't want to be in a hurry to get anything done, just enjoy the sun, the climate, the people, the food and the atmosphere.

You might want to pop over to Venezuela at some point of time as it is so near. Avoid the big tourist traps. Go and visit little coastal village such as Guira. Caarnival in Port of Spain is great too!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 17:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Come on! You mentioned that you make it a point to explore the place around the one you travel, if so, then why ain't you sharing your experience on this thread. I am sure a lot of us here would love to know more about Trinidad and Tobago and your experience in the country so similar to ours yet so different, now that you have ignited the interest.
Thank you S2!!!, Very soon a detailed report of my experiences in Trinidad & Tobago will be coming.I'm happy that it ignited interest to know more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Wonderful pictures.

I hope the first post was only a curtain raiser and more detailed TL is on the cards covering travel to the place, accommodation, sight seeing, etc.
Thank you amitwlele, a detailed TL is on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
.... Very pleasant climate, and a friendly laid back attitude towards everything in life. You don't want to be in a hurry to get anything done, just enjoy the sun, the climate, the people, the food and the atmosphere....
Thank you Jeroen, I'm really surprised to find someone who is very well familiar with the Caribbean. Because for most of the people whom i came across were not aware of the exact location of Trinidad & Tobago. And you have very rightly said about the Caribbean way of life, always relaxed with no hurry whatsoever. It was really nice living & working there.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Stratos : 26th July 2014 at 10:29.
yogee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks