Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Wanderlust Traveller: Shivanasamudra - Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta

Can't believe the road was left to deteriorate so much over the years and now comes the ban.

Gopalaswamy Beta was one of my favorite places to go on a bike ride back in the Mid 90s. The sound of my RX would wake up all the elephants in the forest and I always got an earful from the forest guards.

Shame that it won't be the same again

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Vehicles will have to be parked at the foothills and then one would have to take the forest department buses to the temple.
Thanks for the update.

I thought the ban was already in place. Even last year also, during long weekends / days with huge tourist rush they had banned vehicles to the peak and arranged for buses instead.
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:54   #18
BHPian

Is the ban still in place? Thinking of going sometime this weekend. It would be really helpful if someone could provide an update on the situation at Gopalaswamy betta.
Old 24th July 2016, 22:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Is the ban still in place? Thinking of going sometime this weekend. It would be really helpful if someone could provide an update on the situation at Gopalaswamy betta.
Yes the ban is still there. I've been there last month. You can park your vehicle at the foot hill and take the ksrtc bus to the top. But the place is awesome especially after the rains. A few snaps of the road leading to the place.
Wanderlust Traveller: Shivanasamudra - Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta-photopictureresizer_160724_2232269821280x720.jpg

Wanderlust Traveller: Shivanasamudra - Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta-photopictureresizer_160724_2232263471280x720.jpg

Wanderlust Traveller: Shivanasamudra - Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta-photopictureresizer_160724_2232266141280x720.jpg

Wanderlust Traveller: Shivanasamudra - Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta-photopictureresizer_160724_2232261701280x720.jpg
i20ian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 18:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i20ian View Post
Yes the ban is still there. I've been there last month. You can park your vehicle at the foot hill and take the ksrtc bus to the top. But the place is awesome especially after the rains. A few snaps of the road leading to the place.
Thanks a lot i20ian. I missed this post of yours before leaving for the trip.
We decided to skip the place as my friends weren't eager to take KSRTC to the top. We had already visited the place on motorcycle in 2013 based on my own recommendation from my memories of visit in 2009 monsoon season and we loved the place.

The place does look lovely (as always) from your pics with all the greenery around. We decided to visit Biligiri Rangana betta instead and the drive on the lovely, narrow road through the green forest was enjoyable.

It was probably a good decision as the KSRTC workers' strike had already started having its impact on Sunday. Would definitely visit Gopalaswamy betta in the coming months.

Last edited by theredliner : 26th July 2016 at 18:04.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:47   #21
BHPian

Nice travelogue and excellent pictures. When we visited, the water was coming down just in a trickle. Guess the best time to visit is during the monsoon.
Old 28th July 2016, 14:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Nice travelogue and excellent pictures. When we visited, the water was coming down just in a trickle. Guess the best time to visit is during the monsoon.
Thanks Aneezan.

One of my friends visited the falls last month and said water flow is low. Guess with rains of last few days it would be better now.
Old 10th November 2017, 10:36   #23
BHPian

Any latest update on Gopalswamy betta , please. Planning to visit over the weekend.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:01   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Any latest update on Gopalswamy betta , please. Planning to visit over the weekend.
Private vehicles are not allowed to top of the hill now. You need to park your vehicle at foot of the hill and take KSRTC bus shuttle to the top.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 12:50   #25
BHPian

Went to Shivanasamudra this Saturday, started around 12:30 from HSR, took the Kanakpura route, didnt stop anywhere, reached around 3:30.
I stupidly did not check and assumed there will be water in the falls, and sadly there was not much water, rather a trickle, still felt nice, the place had a very relaxed feel to it, saw both the falls, loved the fish fry just after coming out of Barakuchi.
Returned via Mysore road, stopped by Rasta cafe, were home by 10.
There was a bunch of engineering students at the falls, some most likely from the cow belt, travelling in a figo and wagon r, they were leaning onto my car in the parking, even when I had come to take some stuff out of the car, they didn't bother much to move.
I noticed a small paint chip also where they were leaning, maybe someone's heels :( Being courteous must be a difficult thing to learn or teach, apart from this, the whole trip was very nice, clicked some really nice pics.
Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks