Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 18:15   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp

Super good one this, Avinash!

Weather perhaps would have been the best companion for this drive of yours along with the beauty of Kodava land. I am sure you enjoyed every bit of the driving part too.

I have been planning to visit places where my daughter gets a glimpse of Wild animals apart from a typical caged environment and Dubare has been on my list since long. I do hope it happens sooner than the Gir Drive that I am planning before this year end.

Again, lovely captures there of the Pachyderms and your kids enjoying those moments of getting closest to them and even touching them!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 18:40   #17
BHPian

Nice travelogue and have really enjoyed reading the narration. We also been to Dubare, Coorg last summer.

One my my personal favorite snap is with the kid going ballastic with water and elephent(s) combo

sorry for hijacking here, hope you won't mind
Attached Images

sanstorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 21:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
IMO, getting into water without knowledge of swimming will give a thrilling experience, but I understand it is risky than usual.
Yes, agree. But I am super weak hearted to take wonderla rides that are safe, leave alone the rafting in water. I can do a roller coaster on the Go Karting track and occasionally in ghats, but not this

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
By the way, how was your experience maneuvering the speed breakers almost till Kushalnagar and on your way back. Because most of us hate those speed breakers along with the traffic all the way from Bangalore-KushalNagar-Bangalore
Yes, they are troublesome if you are road running. We were in perfect holiday mood and in no hurry to rush! In fact we took 2 stops between KushalNagar and Periyapatana. For two nice roadside ladies handbag shops. They were so cheap that wifey picked up 4 of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Super good one this, Avinash!

Weather perhaps would have been the best companion for this drive of yours along with the beauty of Kodava land. I am sure you enjoyed every bit of the driving part too.

I have been planning to visit places where my daughter gets a glimpse of Wild animals apart from a typical caged environment and Dubare has been on my list since long. I do hope it happens sooner than the Gir Drive that I am planning before this year end.
Yes, Parag and thank for the good words. I just started learning. Dubare is definitely worth visiting. For a change, also try JLR Bannerghatta park overnighter in winter. That would be an awesome experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Nice travelogue and have really enjoyed reading the narration. We also been to Dubare, Coorg last summer.

One my my personal favorite snap is with the kid going ballastic with water and elephent(s) combo

sorry for hijacking here, hope you won't mind
Thanks, and absolutely don't mind adding more pics to this thread if you have! Your son is gonna be a chocolate hero, I am sure
abirnale is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 09:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

There were few more pics captured on my phone camera that I forgot to add.. Adding them now -

The swing and jumping net in the campus -

Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp-img_20140808_152328.jpg

Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp-img_20140808_152322.jpg

Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp-img_20140808_121811.jpg

Another view of the cottage from river side -

Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp-img_20140808_151044.jpg

And you know who to give credit for all the macros shot so far -

Meeting the Elephants - Family overnighter at Dubare Elephant Camp-img_20140808_152916.jpg

Thanks.
abirnale is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 15:38   #20
BHPian

Aaaaah, The Elephants.

@Abirnale : Thanks a lot for the wonderful travelogue.

Takes me down the memory lane. I've visited Dubare plenty times, but the first time I visited there was probably some 20 years back. Things used to be way simpler back then. It wasn't the monsoon and we had to cross the river by foot which was an adventure in itself. The river does get very shallow during the non monsoon season though.

I was totally amazed by the behavior of the elephants. I had really bugged the mahout back then with an array of questions. We were the only people there and he was more than glad to answer me with utmost patience.

The best part was where after one side was washed and clean, the mahout just whispers something into the elephants ear and the big calm beast switches sides so the other side can be washed.

Was great to read though your travelogue of Dubare and go back the memory lane myself.

Thanks.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks