Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 10:26   #16
BHPian

Re: A Reluctant Beach Bum's Guide to Maldives

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
$160+tax is per head per night? If its is per room per night then you managed to get an extremely good deal. After almost a month of research, followup, calls to resorts etc. the best deal I got was the one I posted in #12.

Flights from Trivandrum (Air India) & Kochi(Spicejet) are a lot cheaper than direct from Bangalore. For me the issue was getting to TVM/Kochi from Bangalore with luggage + kid
160+ tax was per night. Yes, I remember searching for almost a month to finalize on Fihalhohi and getting this deal.

I'd recommend Fihalhohi to any one visiting Maldives on a budget. Looks like Bandos island is beautiful as well
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:24   #17
BHPian

During Season (November to March) , Air India has a non stop daily Bangalore to Male" flight. This is the quickest alternative as it takes around two hours.

Other times there is only one Air India flight which atually operates on the Chennai-Bangalore-Trivandrum-Male route. You can clear customs/immigration at Chennai/Bangalore and remain in the aircraft during transit halts.

Spice Jet operates to /from Kochi

And finally Maldivian (National airline of Maldives) operates non stop thrice weekly to Chennai and daily to Trivandrum. However the late evening arrival of these flights in Male" means they are only useful for nearby resorts (like Bandos). Fares are from Indian Rupees 14500 return from Chennai and 13000 return from Trivandrum.

Spice Jet and Srilankan offers the most connectivity to India (via Kochi and Colombo).

And finally comparing Male' with Shivaji Nagar is a little unfair Yes the capital city is hard pressed for space, but I dont think the OP visited Male' before posting his comparison with Shivaji Nagar. There are also two suburbs (neighbouring islands) where many people who work in Male' stay and commute and they are far cleaner than most Indian cities and the commuting options (by Ferry/Speed Boat) is of a far better standard compared to the daily commute on a Mumbai Local with all its charms,
TKMCE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
And finally comparing Male' with Shivaji Nagar is a little unfair Yes the capital city is hard pressed for space, but I dont think the OP visited Male' before posting his comparison with Shivaji Nagar...
You just have to take that quote only in the spirit. For the lack of a better illustration, OP may have picked up Shivajinagar, and he is not off the mark from an analogy perspective. Every city has its charms, and I believe he just provided a very rough comparison for those who know Shivajinagar!
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi did you take any pictures of the interior of the room? The resort looks very interesting! Spectacular pictures too!
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
And finally comparing Male' with Shivaji Nagar is a little unfair Yes the capital city is hard pressed for space, but I dont think the OP visited Male' before posting his comparison with Shivaji Nagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
For the lack of a better illustration, OP may have picked up Shivajinagar
@TKMCE - I used shivajinagar as a comparison because that is what a friend of mine had used to describe male. But I do agree that I could have refrained from commenting about it as I had not visited it

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi did you take any pictures of the interior of the room? The resort looks very interesting! Spectacular pictures too!
Thanks Mole. I think I do have a few pics of the interior of the room. Shall post them over the weekend
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Hello PROCRJ,

Stumbled on your thread and it is very good with lot of information with some nice pics.

I know its been long but can you please suggest on the below

1) I am planning to visit Maldives from 1st June to 6th June 2019 (off season) and i am already searching now for any good or early bird deals. Do you suggest to wait untill march and april and then book. I dont see any good deals on the resort websites or any partner sites.

2) I sent a query to Island voyage and received a quote for the below 2 resorts

Oluhaveli resort : 1900$ all inclusive for 2 adults and 2 kids for a deluxe room.

Paradise island resort : 2135$ bed and breakfast for a superior beach bunglow.

3) Do you suggest me to wait for some more time for the non season fares to creep in and then look out for deals.

4) Can we rely on these agents and pay them them upfront.

Thankyou.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks