Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 21:21   #61
BHPian

re: Israel - Living during the Conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Excellent Narration. Wonderfully have captured the important monuments and put the TL together. Definitely a different perspective unlike what is portrayed in the media.

Thanks for sharing!!! Waiting to see Bethlehem from your eyes

BR//
Thanks, Sorry couldn't visit Bethlehem this time as riots broke out in parts of Jerusalem on Friday. Also the advise by the Hotel staff was not to travel to Bethlehem at this time since there was a rocket fired towards Israel. So sadly had to let go this time. But I am back in November end again, hope to cover Bethlehem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
A Great TL mate. It was an education.Very little is wriiten about this country other than the politics and the frequent unrest. A small country which is always in the news and yet very few of our countrymen visit it. The photos were superb. The number of Israelis visiting India would be 1000 X than the number of Indias visiting Israel.

I look forward to more updates from you about one of the historical places in the world which is connected in one way or the other to so many civilizations and cultures.
Thanks, yes the number of Israelis travelling to India is close 50K a year. But only around 3000 Indian travel to Israel, mostly from Kerala for pilgrimage. But I met a couple in Istanbul Airport who were going for honeymoon to Israel and then to Jordon. I must say this is going to be one action packed honeymoon

Last edited by chandrda : 1st November 2014 at 21:36. Reason: correction
Old 1st November 2014, 22:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I am back in Jerusalem, Israel for 2 weeks. I will get one weekend and planning to visit Bethlehem.

Will access the situation and plan accordingly

Regards
Great travelogue. Enjoyed the photos. Even though many buildings are like India, the streets seems exceptionally clean and well maintained. There seems to be a general sense of discipline which is unfortunately missing in our country.

I may be visitng Haifa for a couple of days in Jan for work so wanted some information. Which airline do you usually travel in. El Israel has a flight reaching 3am in the night (or morning). Is it safe to travel at that time and say take a train to Haifa from the airport. Turkish Airlines seems to be cheaper and reaches in afternoon.

What are the must see historical places which I can cover from Haifa? How many days do I need? Would love to see some history. What is the best way to travel around?

Is pure veg food a problem?
Old 1st November 2014, 22:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Great travelogue. Enjoyed the photos. Even though many buildings are like India, the streets seems exceptionally clean and well maintained. There seems to be a general sense of discipline which is unfortunately missing in our country.

I may be visitng Haifa for a couple of days in Jan for work so wanted some information. Which airline do you usually travel in. El Israel has a flight reaching 3am in the night (or morning). Is it safe to travel at that time and say take a train to Haifa from the airport. Turkish Airlines seems to be cheaper and reaches in afternoon.

What are the must see historical places which I can cover from Haifa? How many days do I need? Would love to see some history. What is the best way to travel around?

Is pure veg food a problem?
I traveled in Qatar/Jordanian Last time and Turkish Airways this time. Believe me Israel is much safer to travel at any time then say NY, Chicago or London.

Even though I din't visit Haifa, but I had made a plan for 2 days to see these places

Baha'i Garden, German Colony, Stella Maris, Elijah Caves, Mount Carmel National Park, Shrine of Bab, Port of Haifa and the Beach Areas. You should be able to cover this in 2 days in the weekdays. Remember there are no transportation on Friday starting from 5 PM till Saturday 7 PM. Most of the places are closed for Shabbat.

There is a subway, buses and cabs. Don't miss the cable car from Bat Galim to Mount Carmel.

Vegetarian food is not a problem, you get lot of sandwiches, salads and Falafel.
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 18:14   #64
BHPian

Great TL and very nice descriptions to go with the photos. Reminded me of my time there in 2008. I was stationed in Tel Aviv and we spent all our weekends either travelling around or on the beach.

All in all, Israelis are a bunch of friendly people and they know and love and respect India and Indians. The food is also lovely (good range of salads plus the shawarma and falafal. We had travelled to Haifa and Rosh HaniKra right upto the Lebanon border. Amazing experience.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:30   #65
BHPian

What an amazing writeup, extremely impressive. I have saved the link in favorites.
I remember one of my friend travelling to Israel a few years back when he shared the pic from the road to Dead sea. There are boards telling how many meters below sea level you have arrived.

I could understand the adrenaline rush you might have had, since I have one such experience of getting stuck in the middle of riot (I with my family in the middle of protestors and RAF police). That riot ended up in 15 days curfew in Ranchi.

The product built by Israelis is has a military level reliability and sturdiness. I am a proud owner of Kata Camera Bag which is made in Israel, other brand such as Tamrac and Lowepro does not even come closer to it.

I wish I could travel to Israel some day.
Old 19th November 2015, 19:52   #66
BHPian

Hope you have lots of pictures of those old cobble stone paths, those old arched business quarter streets, ancient building doors and windows. Its a memorable trip down the history lane. Please post quick as curiosity is getting better of many of us here. I am already on the edge of the seat.

Old 26th November 2015, 07:49   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
What an amazing writeup, extremely impressive. I have saved the link in favorites.
I remember one of my friend travelling to Israel a few years back when he shared the pic from the road to Dead sea. There are boards telling how many meters below sea level you have arrived.

I could understand the adrenaline rush you might have had, since I have one such experience of getting stuck in the middle of riot (I with my family in the middle of protestors and RAF police). That riot ended up in 15 days curfew in Ranchi.

The product built by Israelis is has a military level reliability and sturdiness. I am a proud owner of Kata Camera Bag which is made in Israel, other brand such as Tamrac and Lowepro does not even come closer to it.

I wish I could travel to Israel some day.
Thanks, yes the Israeli products are top class and mostly designed for their own use and needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Hope you have lots of pictures of those old cobble stone paths, those old arched business quarter streets, ancient building doors and windows. Its a memorable trip down the history lane. Please post quick as curiosity is getting better of many of us here. I am already on the edge of the seat.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have the photos of Bethlehem City. I had to leave the city in a hurry as there was a protest planned and risk of curfew being imposed.
Old 26th November 2015, 23:47   #68
BHPian

Excellent travelogue and very well narrated

5 Stars from my side. This brought back memories of my trip to the Holy Land in 2010. I was fortunate to visit places like Nazareth, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Dead Sea etc. And maybe I should write a travelogue of that trip to relive it once more. I have around 5000 pics to choose from

Hoping to do a driving tour of Israel sometime in 2016/17.

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 26th November 2015 at 23:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks