Team-BHP - Voyage: Holler of the mountains
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Voyage: Holler of the mountains (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/155737-voyage-holler-mountains.html)

How much time do you reckon it takes to change a super boring day into an amazing one? I can say not much time. In such situations, it will often be friends to whom we owe our super amazing time. They are the only beings that can drag us out of all our miseries.

So my story goes like this, I suffer a six day office drudgery and one day at-home drudgery. That completes my week. But not this week. In the morning of my off day I get a message, ‘ Mate, Any plans today? Steve is here!’

One of my friends actually messages me.

I reply him, ‘I am waiting for this other friend to message me, and he said we could meet but haven’t heard from him since yesterday.’

He says, ‘Let me know if you don’t have plans.’

I try messaging my other friend, but no way. So again after an hour my friend messages me, ‘Anything decided.’

I say that my plans of meeting this friend might not happen, he isn’t messaging. He says let’s go out, we three.

Where?

Khor fakkan beach may be.

I haven’t been to Khor fakkan. I have heard of it as a beautiful place though. Not sure though.

So my friend says, ‘I and Steve will drop by at your place and discuss on where to go! It’s already 11:00am in the morning.’

They came 15mins later and ‘Ready? Come on lets go to Khor fakkan beach. Get your purse, towel and change overs.’

‘I thought we were going to discuss, I haven’t even taken a bath.’

‘We know that’s usual. Cut this crap, get the stuff and let’s start.’

In the next 15mins we are in my friend’s car. He is the official driver, I am the official photographer and Steve is the official errrrr may be passenger. Thus kick starting a wonderful day with lot of good places, roads, fun and some salt water.

Khor fakkan beach is nothing special. It’s a salt water beach and can leave your eyes burning. That’s the amount of salt it has in it. Then what exactly is special about this place? You will understand that as you read through.

So what does this place look like?

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0320.jpg

And our ride for the day is

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0313.jpg

I will cut short my rants and let the images do all the talking.

The dark city of Fujairah, here we come to reclaim glory. lol:

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0264.jpg

Our ride nice and black

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0316.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0315.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0323-copy.jpg

The beach

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0294.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0290.jpg

And the mountains

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0205.jpg

And the roads

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0242.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0209.jpg

And, we march towards the unclaimed Fujairah Emirate :D Modern day Spartanz driving Porsche, chevy camaro etc.
Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0271.jpg

My side mirrors offer me this view.

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0318.jpg

A twisty

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0194.jpg

And more twisties

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0208.jpg

Do you want to go to Dubai or at least Sharjah? or do you want to continue? We chose to continue.

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0235.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0233.jpg

Our ride doing triple digits but still we are in the limits. What a pleasant feeling!

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0248.jpg

Alas, we keep driving the empty stretches, trying to reclaim it all.

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-tn_dsc_0218.jpg

I am attaching a screenshot of the map. The black circle is the place. We started from the red star.

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-untitled.png

Total distance from our place was 170 kms one way.

It took us around 2 hours one way, as our official driver not letting the pedal meet the metal:D

We filled in for approximately 1000 rs. The car already had some left over fuel and after the trip too, there was at least little less than half tank remaining.

The red pin dropped is a small sanctuary / waterfall but was closed due to renovation works. May be I will visit that place later in winter and update the happenings here.

Honda Civic was silent and poised as one would expect of a Honda. It did its job very well and over all it was a very comfortable ride. This particular car had an autobox as one would expect in gulf region.

All in all, it was a very fulfilling drive. I think I have covered all the parts of my travel. Hope you all enjoyed the TL.

Cheers to my friends! :thumbs up

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Travelogues Section. Thanks for sharing!

Adding a couple of more pictures taken from my friend's camera.

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-20140919_153900.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-20140919_154322.jpg

Voyage: Holler of the mountains-20140919_174433.jpg

Cheers!

Wow !!! Looking at those Highways / Expressways, I recall the final action sequence race between Saif and Akshaye in the movie Race !!! clap:

Hey voyageur (Anoop),

The pics are amazing and the car too is a stunner. I think that its the drive here which is more interesting than the destination , as very few may choose to hit the beach when the sun is beating down and the humidity at the peaks around the sea & not to forget you are in ME :D.

It was a nice read , thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 3540380)
Wow !!! Looking at those Highways / Expressways, I recall the final action sequence race between Saif and Akshaye in the movie Race !!! clap:

I can assure you that these highways/expressways are the best. You wouldn't find one pothole in the entire length and it is maintained regularly. Middle east is all about cars, roads and petrol :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3540397)
Hey voyageur (Anoop),

The pics are amazing and the car too is a stunner. I think that its the drive here which is more interesting than the destination , as very few may choose to hit the beach when the sun is beating down and the humidity at the peaks around the sea & not to forget you are in ME :D.

It was a nice read , thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
pdma.

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Means a lot to me.

Destination is the excuse and drive is the real reason. You said it right. Actually it's cooling down now. But still 38 deg is a lot. We didn't spend much time in the beach, but on the road.:D

Wonderful report voyageur.
And lovely photographs too buddy.
Happy to know that you are putting your DSLR to good use at last.

Just like pdma said, drive is more importanat than the destination.
By the way, have you read my signature? ;)

Wow man, very nice pics!clap:

As dhanush said, glad to see that you're putting that camera of yours to good use, but I'll still smash it if I see it in front of me!:D

Smooth roads, fast cars, and a hot sun - pretty much defines an outing in the middle east.

But I'll bet you were grinning throughout. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushmenon (Post 3540665)
Wonderful report voyageur.
And lovely photographs too buddy.
Happy to know that you are putting your DSLR to good use at last.

Just like pdma said, drive is more importanat than the destination.
By the way, have you read my signature? ;)

Thank you Dhanush:) Means a lot to me.

Yeah of course, I know your signature and that is a rule we all live by. Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed.Demon (Post 3540678)
Wow man, very nice pics!clap:

As dhanush said, glad to see that you're putting that camera of yours to good use, but I'll still smash it if I see it in front of me!:D

Smooth roads, fast cars, and a hot sun - pretty much defines an outing in the middle east.

But I'll bet you were grinning throughout. :D

Thanks Speedy. Glad you liked my pictures.

I never understand the reason for your enmity with my cam:eek: I will save my cam from your demon hands.

You said it right fast cars, smooth roads, cheap petrol and lot of sun defines middle east.

Mr.voyageur - Most interesting point here is, you are putting your cam on use. Nice clicks there and awesome tarmacs to burn the rubber :thumbs up

Civvy looks gorgeous in all black. No doubt your Golf would envy the Civvy for this ride opportunity.

Thank you Jacob :)

GTI will have its share of drive in Dec - Jan. I will try and get in the UAE bhpians too for the ride. It will be fun.

Thanks again, cheers!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 3544581)
Mr.voyageur - Most interesting point here is, you are putting your cam on use. Nice clicks there and awesome tarmacs to burn the rubber :thumbs up

Civvy looks gorgeous in all black. No doubt your Golf would envy the Civvy for this ride opportunity.

I have been to the Khor Fakkan beach when i was a little kid, as we relatives there. But this was ages ago, and am amazed to see how the roads have changed!

Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 3547778)
I have been to the Khor Fakkan beach when i was a little kid, as we relatives there. But this was ages ago, and am amazed to see how the roads have changed!

Thanks for sharing!

Plenty of things have changed for good in these years. Especially the roads ;)

Thank you ben :) Cheers!