Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 06:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats one loooooong post, Rahul. You must have had a ball!!! Rock on....
Old 4th August 2006, 12:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Nice report Mclaren. Did you say you drove through NH-17 mostly through night, even Karwar? Man, you missed lots of natural beauty along this road.

You got the Hotel name at Manipal wrong, it is Janani. So, Disco till 2AM, Bowling, Go-Carting, Food court with highest chick density... All in less than two days in Manipal. Damn! I live here and haven't covered all of them yet.
Old 4th August 2006, 13:02   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Nice report Mclaren. Did you say you drove through NH-17 mostly through night, even Karwar? Man, you missed lots of natural beauty along this road.

You got the Hotel name at Manipal wrong, it is Janani. So, Disco till 2AM, Bowling, Go-Carting, Food court with highest chick density... All in less than two days in Manipal. Damn! I live here and haven't covered all of them yet.
Well on our way to goa , yes we travelled most of the journey from murudeshwar during the night .. It was daylight till we passed marawanthe .. However like u said karwar has some real nice spots which we explored on our way back during broad daylight ..

Yes , the place where we stayed is Janani , but im told that this area was known as Valley View ?? Trust me , manipal is such a cool place to live , u got all the perks u get in bangalore + the greenary , the serenity , the peace of mind too .. Am i sounding like a whining grey haired 50+year old ?? Greenary weenary , nature wature , peace of mind karke ?? Well did i forget to mention that the movie tickets just cost Rs 25/- per person ??
Old 4th August 2006, 13:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
However like u said karwar has some real nice spots which we explored on our way back during broad daylight ..
Oh! Then it is fine.

Quote:
Yes , the place where we stayed is Janani , but im told that this area was known as Valley View ??
There is a 3-star hotel called Valley View which has the best view of the Valley. Janani is nearby, may be that too has some Valley view.

Quote:
Well did i forget to mention that the movie tickets just cost Rs 25/- per person ??
And chat (bhel/pani puri) items cost 10 bucks per item. Yeah, it can be a shock to somebody from Bangalore.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:42   #20
DRC
BHPian

Well, MCL, Have been to Kudgemukh, Agumbe too many times...
My wife wants to visit Jog. So the route you took to come back is the one I plant to take to go to Goa. and back through Hubli.

Call me stupid, I have never been to Goa, Any good place to stay for two days that you recommend?

Thanks
DRC
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. I enjoyed reading every line of it. Your post shows up your young age,taking everything postively.

You did searched for rooms availability for 2 hrs. i know even running posts to pillar is fun & enjoyable at this age. (Once you get older, you expect everything to be in line)

Sad part is that you didn't had a digi cam with you. Else great trip
Old 24th August 2006, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

great report there MCL... sounds like you had a blast.... way to go...

wish i was still in college with a car...
Old 26th August 2006, 15:05   #23
BHPian

hey i did the same trip again last weekend will put the pics and the report shortly..............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks