Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 15:22   #1
BHPian

Kottayam to B'lore on my MM 540 (22nd Aug)

Hi All

This tuesday, i am all set to drive m MM540 to b'lore from Kottayam. This would be my first trip from Ktm to b'lore on a jeep. I have done lots of trips earlier but those were again on all cars.....As this would be my 1st long drive on a jeep, i would like to get some advice and suggestions. I have given the jeep to the service center to change the engine oil and also to get the jeep serviced. As its raining heavily in ktm, i have also asked the mech to change the wiper blades too....looking forward for some valuable advice specially from the jeepers ..
thanks

Jango.....
Old 18th August 2006, 22:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which route are u planning to do this trip????
TN route - Teni- Madurai - Salem - Krishnagiri -b'lore
OR
Kerala route - EKM- thrissur- Palaghat- CBE-Dharmapuri- B'lore
Old 20th August 2006, 19:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Which route are u planning to do this trip????
TN route - Teni- Madurai - Salem - Krishnagiri -b'lore
OR
Kerala route - EKM- thrissur- Palaghat- CBE-Dharmapuri- B'lore
I am planning to take the 2nd route tru coimbatore..
Old 21st August 2006, 14:36   #4
BHPian

Hi all i am all set to leave for b'lore tomorrow. I am planning to leave at around 4:00AM, coz its highly impossible to drive at high speeds on a jeep. I will be able to drive at around 60 - 70kmph...and i hope to reach b'lore buy night .....will definitely post some pics and will come up with a small write up as well....once i reach b'lore............................................ ...................
Old 29th September 2006, 23:08   #5
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Here i am, and thanks to JKdas for sending me a PM, reminding me to update the thread . ( On ur command )[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Got up in the morning at 4:00 , woke up my cousin and we started from kottaym at around 5:00Am. We took the Ktm - ekm route instead of Thodupuzha coz we had to pick up two of our friend who were put up in Ernakuklam . It was drizziling slightly so we maintained a speed of abt 60Kmph. At around 6:20 we reached ekm, picked up our friends and then the long journey kick started to the garden city. With 4 of us we were quiet comfortable and after filling the diesl tank full from one of the petrol pumps in ekm the jeep was less bumpy. we took out first break after trissur for brekfast. we stopped there for abt 30mts and then we started our trip again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]On the way[/SIZE]

After a short while we passed threough palaghat and then we coud't resist stopping for some photo shoots. It was early morning and the air was clean and the feeling was awesome...so her comes some of the pics taken just before entering walayar..

Soon after that, in a couple of minuites we entered TN and after diving for ab 30mts we hit the L&T road. It was a great stretch, with absolutely no traffic, but we were going at a steady speedof aroung 70Kmph. We did experience may cars zooming in front of us, but who cares we are Jeepers....that's what we told each other

Empty road ahead of us

Jeepers Relaxing

Later it was just going ....as we got hooked up listening to some songs and we really did't want to stop until we had reached Salem, but just before salem we happened to see a beautiful petrol pump so we decided to stop and fill some diesel.

this petrol pump was just awesome so we decided to grab a cup of coffee and though of taking a break for 10mts which we did, and yes made some gud friend too..

Soon after that we pushed off, but after covering another 50Km we again stopped for some refreshments and what else can be best on a long drive..

After taking off from there our next hault was in Salem where we had our lunch. After having lunch we started off again, and this time we could feel ourselves getting closer and closer to b'lore....

[url=http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0763sc4.jpg][/URL
]

Soon after that we were covering small villages very fast and finally we stopped for a short tea break just before entering hosur..

Soon after that we stared off and in just couple of minutes we entered Housur and we were welcomed by the huge traffic Jam....:(. Finally after creeping through the Jam i finally managed to reach my house at around 8:00ish.... We wern't actually feeling very tired, but we did think that the journey would be very exhaustive...so to get that out of the wrong mindset we hit a Bar nearby and had a couple of votka.s...after which we all went into deep sleep, still feeling very happy & Proud to be a jeeper....

PS: Pls ignore the speeling, did it in a hurry, as per JKdas's request ..

Peace
Jango ....
Old 29th September 2006, 23:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

hehe

Was curious abt the trip. Thanks for posting it so soon.And any plan to drive back ?
Old 30th September 2006, 00:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
hehe

Was curious abt the trip. Thanks for posting it so soon.And any plan to drive back ?
Nope no plans as such. I drove it to b'lore to be part of [COLOR=#0000ff]http://jeepthrills.in[/COLOR]. This Sunday we r going for an offroad.....so that was my intention.
Old 30th September 2006, 12:10   #8
kph
BHPian

I'm waiting to see it with modifications.
Old 5th October 2006, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph
I'm waiting to see it with modifications.
Sure KPH you know what i am planning to do, with the jeep. @ how's ur Indica ...any plans for a long drive ???
Old 11th October 2006, 21:09   #10
kph
BHPian

Bangalore to Thodupuzha in a Brand new Palio

Wonderful..
That happened last night.
Left bangalore yesterday night at around 9:30 in a brand new Fiat Palio Diesel. One of my friends bought one yesterday and within an hr after releasing the car we started from Bangalore, reached Thodupuzha today morning. Believe me, Palio diesel is amazing. It’s powerful compared to others in the same class. I'm amazed with the fact that we don’t feel the drop in power when the AC is on. It gave 19kpl (with AC always on) in the first trip too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks