Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 12:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I just finished reading ........ tempting enough to make me visit there some day.

Best,
Golam
Hello Golam,

Thank you for your above comment. I know that we, as a family, are animal lovers and specially, as dog lovers. And we always look forward to hearing from people who understand this passion! So, once again thanks for your post. So far we have been touring the Kumaon region and hopefully our next trip will include the Garwhal region too.

Best regards,
Shashanka
Old 10th May 2017, 10:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

We've been making our regular trips to Naukuchiatal over the past couple of years since 2015 and so felt that I could add a few more photos from the archives.

PS - Mods, I hope this is OK. In case a fresh thread needs to be started, kindly delete the following & I can start afresh.
Attached Thumbnails
Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-dparents.nkch.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-dsc00209.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-dscf0291.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-dscf0084.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-md.bhimtal.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1000941.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010160.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010158.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010152.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010034.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010167.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010177.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010185.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010197.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010245.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010230.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010231.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1030105.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020614-copy.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010867.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1010858.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020803.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020801.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020766.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020851.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-p1020871.jpg  

Naukuchiatal: Far from the crowd-what-what-babadaisy.jpg  

Last edited by shashanka : 10th May 2017 at 10:25.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 10:46   #48
BHPian

^^ Wonderful pics.. Rated 5 stars. Looks like you are a veteran to the place.

We went through it while moving towards Nainital few years back and spent a bit of time boating around in the lake. Made a promise to come back.

Thinking of doing it now.. I have a Creta Automatic and am not an experienced hill driver. Could you recommend a property that has good access roads and decent parking and good space/grounds within? We would be coming with our twin 8 month old daughters. Plan to just chill out with maybe a bit of sightseeing ..

Thank you in advance !
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 12:13   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

We went through it while moving towards Nainital few years back and spent a bit of time boating around in the lake. Made a promise to come back.

Thinking of doing it now.. I have a Creta Automatic and am not an experienced hill driver. Could you recommend a property that has good access roads and decent parking and good space/grounds within? We would be coming with our twin 8 month old daughters. Plan to just chill out with maybe a bit of sightseeing ..

Thank you in advance !
There are two very nice properties there.
The one in which we had stayed in was called the "The Lake Resort" - this was a few years back and they have nice cottages by the lake. They also have ample parking and it is easily accessible.
The website is www.thelakeresort.in

The other good one which we saw, but did not stay in was
The Lake Village - website is http://www.lakevillagenaukuchiatal.com/

The lake village one is more expensive, while the lake resort one is more affordable. They also allow pets there.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 10th May 2017 at 12:15.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 13:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Thank you in advance !
Hello Buxx,

Thank you for the 5 star rating! Certainly made my day! And your Creta automatic is fine for Naukuchiatal & in fact, for most of Uttaranchal. As mentioned earlier, the Lake Resort is easily accessible and has plenty of open space within the compound. The owners are a nice couple who are themselves dog lovers with a few of their own pets on the premises. At the time we started frequenting Naukuchiatal (around 1997-98), the KMVN resort was the one pet-friendly establishment there. However, I am sure that with two small children, you won't be thinking of pets!

The one drawback of the KMVN resort is that they don't have power back-up. And since the power situation in Uttaranchal is not yet 100%, the occasional power outage is common. But mercifully it is for short periods & usually the lights come back on within half an hour or so. Naturally, the hotel staff provides standby battery lanterns in each room.

And if chilling out is the main criteria then you couldn't pick a better place than Naukuchiatal! If you are planning to come now, it may be a good idea to book in advance, since the tourist season is well underway. Have a great time and our blessings to the two princesses!

Regards,
Shashanka

Last edited by shashanka : 10th May 2017 at 13:22.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks