Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mesmerizing Goa: A Journey of known & unknown soujourns

Excellent travelogue Arnab. Nice pics too.

I had been to Goa in march 2014 and boy it was fun. But I had taken the NH4 till Belgaum and the chorla ghat after hearing the horror accidents happening regularly on NH17. The road till Vadhkal naka itself was frustrating during my recent trip to Murud. I had vowed not to take the NH17 unless the road widening happens but your travelogue has made me rethink. My son frequently mentions to visit Goa just to be more nearer to water and the lip smacking sea food (add Goa T-shirts to that list).

Doesn't Goa have CNG filling stations?
Old 17th March 2015, 14:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mesmerizing Goa: A Journey of known & unknown soujourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Excellent travelogue Arnab. Nice pics too.

I had been to Goa in march 2014 and boy it was fun. But I had taken the NH4 till Belgaum and the chorla ghat after hearing the horror accidents happening regularly on NH17. The road till Vadhkal naka itself was frustrating during my recent trip to Murud. I had vowed not to take the NH17 unless the road widening happens but your travelogue has made me rethink. My son frequently mentions to visit Goa just to be more nearer to water and the lip smacking sea food (add Goa T-shirts to that list).

Doesn't Goa have CNG filling stations?
Hi Girish

Thanks for liking the review.
Even, I was in two minds when selecting NH17 over NH4.

Heart told me 17 where as head told me to stick to NH4.
Well, you now know, who won.

The road is good and barring the road widening that lasts intermittently till Mahad, the passage is quick.
With regards to CNG, did check at a no. of bunks but the attendants were unsure. One of them told me that the gas may be available near Colva but no one gave any confirmation. They have some LPG outlets though.

Petrol is a lot cheaper in Goa at Rs. 55.34/ltr so with the car delivering a decent mileage, the pinch wasn't hitting!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks