Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 10:13   #31
BHPian

Re: The Air I Breathe - Leh

Fabulous indeed. This is one of those posts that can really make one think of what their dreams really are. As you rightly mentioned, this is not a travelogue but its so much more than that. And lovely pictures too. Must say Thank you for the amazing write-up.
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 17:30   #32
BHPian

Amazing pictures.
And wonderfully narrated.
Very very engrossing.
maverick.munish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 19:31   #33
BHPian

The philosophical take of the narrative takes it into a realm hitherto unchartered.
Accompanied by lovely photographs.My request to all who upload pictures is to please share the tech details of the equipment for people who are keen photographers. No doubt a WORTHY 5 STAR.

Last edited by Ramanjit : 12th May 2015 at 19:33.
Ramanjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 19:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I thing a line or two thanking the Border Roads Organisation - HIMANK will be in order.
I agree with you whole heartedly.The BRO is doing a yeomen service in all the border areas keeping the roads in shipshape conditions against all odds.
Old 12th May 2015, 22:15   #35
BHPian

Thank you Praveen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.praveen View Post
Beautiful Pictures and a equally capturing write-up.
Thank you Rudra-da. I have tried to answer your queries in an earlier post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Very nicely written travelogue. Somebody mentioned 'introspective experience' and I quite agree with him.
Where was this taken? ?
Thank you Krishna. The camera used is a Nikon D7000 and no filters have been used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Sayakc,
Please also share the camera equipment, and any filters used, the colors are surreal !
Thank you for your comments!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, nothing could exemplify this more than this beautiful travelogue of yours.
I stayed at one of the hotels arranged by the trekking company. However, I dont remember the name of the place. It was one of the very few that was open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
A lovely read... I was blown away by Leh in October, the place in January must be something else.
Thank You Alfa Romeo. Team-BHP is a treasure house of all information. We should thank our moderators for having created such a clean, quality focused community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
really awesome travelogue and amazing captures. T-bhp should get a publishing house print our best travelogues and am sure it will sell like hot cakes.
Yes Rajeev, its a menacing race that we are in and its our profession that has got to do more about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
Wow! This is amazing stuff. Not just the pictures, and all of us have talked of them; but the narration, and the inner soul searching..
Absolutely sir BRO needs to be thanked. The quality of the roads which I saw in my limited stay is worth reckoning. I am not sure whether all the roads are such a delight because I have read stories of stretches along Manali - Leh and Leh - Srinagar where all the sections arent that developed.
On second thoughts, it always puzzles me - Roads of Ladakh and Bhutan are of such high quality, but roads of Arunanchal and Sikkim so pathetic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I thing a line or two thanking the Border Roads Organisation - HIMANK will be in order.
Thank you SR, I feel glad that you liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Fabulous indeed. This is one of those posts that can really make one think of what their dreams really are.
Thank you so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
Amazing pictures.
And wonderfully narrated.
Very very engrossing.
Thank you Ramanjit. The gear is quite simple actually - a 18-55 and 55-200 lens and a D7000 camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanjit View Post
The philosophical take of the narrative takes it into a realm hitherto unchartered.
Accompanied by lovely photographs.My request to all who upload pictures is to please share the tech details of the equipment for people who are keen photographers. No doubt a WORTHY 5 STAR.

Last edited by sayakc : 12th May 2015 at 22:24.
Old 13th May 2015, 11:04   #36
BANNED

Amazing write up complemented with crisp pictures. voted 5 star (hope there was option for 10 star ).
Sir, would you mind shading some light on itinerary ?
TurboGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 23:01   #37
BHPian

It’s the last few miles to Leh and we zip along the highway, under the cover of darkness. I am in a state of complete peace and satisfaction. There is a little excitement though, which is hidden in me. And that’s for the trek on the next day. I think the joy from doing what you love to do, is way greater than being forced to love what has have been thrust to you. Most of us have to earn these moments. And that factor always make these priceless ones. What if life was so simple that we would get to do what we loved to do – always and every time? Would they be still invaluable? May be. May be not.

And that is how life is. Sometimes so uncertain and so accidental. That’s how it treated me when I returned to the hotel that night.

I get the shock of my life when I hear that Chadar 2015 has been cancelled due to the danger posed by the formation of an “artificial lake” along one of the tributaries of Zanskar. It was supposedly 200m deep and was swelling up every day. Authorities feared that the lake could burst out any day and imposed a curfew in the Zanskar/Chadar area. There were alternative treks arranged to compensate this loss but I didn’t want to avail them. I left Leh the very next day to Delhi and then onwards to Calcutta. In the end, I had spent <48 hrs there. Not only the cancellation burn a hole in my pocket, it punctured my soul.

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4919.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4896.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4878.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc5015.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4767.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc5063.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4877.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4930.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc5024.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4995.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc4781.jpg

The Air I Breathe - Leh-_dsc5110.jpg

Latest Update: The artificial lake finally burst out only in the first week of May and created a flash flood like situation.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Sayakc I've been a follower of your reports for quite some time and I must say this is one heck of a brilliant travelogue with some seriously impressive quality pictures. It is every wanderlust person's wish to travel to ladakh but not everyone is always so fortunate. You people are so lucky to get to explore this beauty in all its glory. Will be looking forward to some more quality travelogues from you brother.

Regards
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 16:18   #39
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Engrossing narration Sayak Da, very typical of your travelogues.

You have beautifully captured the essence of Ladakh and have made all of us awestruck. Personally, I loved the pictures of the Moonlands.

During my visit to Lamayuru in Feb 2015, I saw a few frozen waterfalls around the moonlands. Since you visited only a couple of weeks before I did, I guess you would have seen those frozen waterfalls as well. I was lucky to have visited Leh at a time when the Pangong Tso was just about accessible. The entire lake was frozen, such a beautiful sight. I am sure had you been there, we would have seen some spectacular shots of the lake from your lenses !

Rated 5-stars !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 18:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
What if life was so simple that we would get to do what we loved to do – always and every time? Would they be still invaluable?
Hmm! Good question and I guess, everyone should find their own answer!

Sayak, simply amazing travelogue to say the least. Your pictures always get me confused! Are they real? Are they from this world? May be they are surreal! For people of the plains, like us, these landscapes are too stark! So thanks to Bhpians like you, at least we get a shock of senses to ponder over the purpose of life!

Cheers,
Golam
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 07:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful photographs and a very captivating narrating style. I am just back from a short trip to Kargil-Leh-Khardung La-Thoise.

I must say that the pictures do justice to the place, but its an experience which neither can be described in words nor can be captured in lenses.

A well deserved 5 star!
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks