Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2015, 07:52   #16
BHPian

Re: A very French Xmas and New Year...Our 14 days in France

Very nicely Chronicled.
I travel to Orleans,France for work [my parent office].
Few things I have found:-
For South Indians atleast : better to take the overnight France airways - you arrive at 9am.
Taking the RER A or RER B from Paris CDG to Paris city is the cheapest and the fastest ways.
Taking a 2 day Paris metro pass is the best solution. Paris has a metro station every 500 metres and this same pass can be use dover buses and Funicular.
For budget travelers there are lot of good hotels near Gare Du nord to Gare Du east, even Saravana Bhawan.

Finally : There is lots to Paris than the Eiffel.
Old 7th June 2015, 07:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
,any idea about the ease of availability of vegetarian foods ? Thanks and wishing you lots of memorable travels.
There is saravana bhavan [same as the Indian one] right out side the Gare Du Nord Station. You get everything you would get in Chennai, except that its charged in Euros.

There are many "Indian" restaurants run by neighbours - Pakistanis, Bangaladeshsis and Sri Lankan Tamils you can walk in.
Old 7th June 2015, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakash4u View Post
Very nicely Chronicled.
Taking the RER A or RER B from Paris CDG to Paris city is the cheapest and the fastest ways.
Taking a 2 day Paris metro pass is the best solution. Paris has a metro station every 500 metres and this same pass can be use dover buses and Funicular.
For budget travelers there are lot of good hotels near Gare Du nord to Gare Du east, even Saravana Bhawan.
My 2 bits:
- If you are traveling with families and have baggage, kids, etc. keep in mind that most of the subway stations in Paris do not have through elevator facilities. So it is quite likely that you will have to drag bags over escalators and also stairs. And you are talking about 3-4 flights below the ground.
- If you are traveling alone, staying near Gare du Nord is OK. But for families, it's really not a very nice or safe area.
- Have eaten at Saravana Bhawan, and it is very average at best (my personal opinion, don't abuse me for it ). Only good if you have a desperate craving south indian food and you are in the area. The standard is nowhere comparable to what you will get in India.
Old 11th October 2017, 16:56   #19
BHPian

I know it's a very old thread. I was just going through the travelogue section when I found this. Any plans on completing it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks