Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 15:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Sikkim - The Abode of Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Very nice, elegant and candid narration. Some of the photos too - especially of the cloudy Kanchenjunga range, the golf course and the Morgan house - stood out.
And I liked your spirit about the new car purchase! A hatchback wasnt working, so bought a new AWD - Excellent! Way to go man.Congrats once again!
Thanks for the wishes !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
Great travelogue Pawan Da, Congrats on your first one!!
Great Pictures and write up. The duster really looks awesome in flesh. An object of envy
Thanks a lot Amin. Hope your Storme-Himachal travelogue is in the assemmbly line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Superb travelogue there! Loved every but of it. Coupled with some great pictures this makes for an interesting read. Immaculate attention to details. Waiting for more travelogues from your side.

The Dusty looks superb! The Brio will be missed, on the other hand.
Thanks Neel. Brio is missed for sure.

Quote:
Wow! I am definitely rafting when I visit Sikkim.

Regards,
petrolhead_neel
Please do. It is a wonderful adventure sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A nice travelogue. Am sure this will be etched in your memory for a long time. I think it was the best decision to have your wife along during the trip, the upgrade may not have happened this easily otherwise.
Thanks swiftnfurious. True, this trip was very instrumental in convincing my wife regarding the upgrade.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 17th September 2015, 00:05   #32
BHPian

This thread reminded of my travel to Darjeeling and Sikkim in the month of May this year. You guys are lucky staying at a short distance from these beautiful lands. I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures I clicked:

Cold mornings in Lachung:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-lachung.jpg

Yumthang Valley, the valley of flowers. We couldn't see the flowers bloom tough:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-yumthang.jpg

Chaardham Temple, Namchi:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-namchi_statue.jpg

Temi Tea Gardens:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-temi_tea.jpg

Kanchanjunga wishes you Good Morning:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-kanchanjunga.jpg
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-kanchanjunga_1.jpg

Tsomgo Lake:
Sikkim - The Abode of Gods-tsomgo-lake.jpg

Having traveled on those roads, I know how difficult it is to travel in a RWD vehicle as well, where you dared taking the Brio!
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 07:17   #33
BHPian

Nice Travelogue on Sikkim..Reminded me of my Sikkim visit just after marriage in 2007..Its a wonderfull Place.

Also i think the trip somehow kindled the travelling bug in you as you did not waste time in upgrading to a new car. Congratulations for the same.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 15:39   #34
BHPian

Hey PapaBravo !!

An excellent Travelogue, well written with some fantastic pictures of the Brio making it to the hills.

Nothing beats my love for the Brio when it comes to a Petrol Hatch. Great to see you had some fun filled times and that the Brio did well on the hills considering the load it was carrying.

Last but not the least, heartiest congratulations to you on your new prized possession - The Chemeleon Green Renault Duster AWD !! Wish you endless satisfied miles !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 13:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
This thread reminded of my travel to Darjeeling and Sikkim in the month of May this year. You guys are lucky staying at a short distance from these beautiful lands. I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures I clicked:
Those are some wonderful pictures carzone !

Quote:
Having traveled on those roads, I know how difficult it is to travel in a RWD vehicle as well, where you dared taking the Brio!
Thanks. Difficult but doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Nice Travelogue on Sikkim..Reminded me of my Sikkim visit just after marriage in 2007..Its a wonderfull Place.

Also i think the trip somehow kindled the travelling bug in you as you did not waste time in upgrading to a new car. Congratulations for the same.
Thanks for the wishes dpkbehera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey PapaBravo !!

An excellent Travelogue, well written with some fantastic pictures of the Brio making it to the hills.

Nothing beats my love for the Brio when it comes to a Petrol Hatch. Great to see you had some fun filled times and that the Brio did well on the hills considering the load it was carrying.

Last but not the least, heartiest congratulations to you on your new prized possession - The Chemeleon Green Renault Duster AWD !! Wish you endless satisfied miles !!
Thanks a lot Arav. I am still in love with Brio. No one can replace its place in my heart. The Duster has seen a short trip to Mandarmoni already. Planning a 2000 km+ trip this month itself. I am sure by June next year when I plan to take it to Ladakh, it would be 10k+.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:04   #36
BHPian

Where can I get cab at my disposal for Sikkim? MakeMyTrip and some others offer cab for point to point basis only. Any suggestion?
Old 3rd February 2017, 23:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Where can I get cab at my disposal for Sikkim? MakeMyTrip and some others offer cab for point to point basis only. Any suggestion?
You can get one in Siliguri/ New Jalpaiguri. However, if you need the cab at your disposal, it will have to be a Sikkim Registered vehicle because lately i have heard that WB Registered Cabs are not allowed in Sikkim. A local cab provider will be of help in this.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:24   #38
BHPian

has anyone heard of Damang valley/ reserve near Lachung? I am not able to find much information about it on internet.

I am planning to travel North sikkim in April end. will cover usual tourists spots near Gangtok, Yumthang, Lachung area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks