Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 13:12   #1
BHPian

Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad

We are four friends, we share a common passion, love of roads, treks & nature. We spent every alternate weekends burning petrol, covering all the forts, beaches, treks around Pune. Priorities changed, two of us got married, two other got committed. Roads & our machines stayed with us, the partners changed.

I have been fortunate enough that my wife understands my need of driving/riding and I do get my dose of petrol burning. 2nd August, 2015 - The Friendship Day, wifey forced me to make a one day plan with my ride buddies and so I did.

It was supposed to be a short few hours trip, however thanks to the traffic jams we ended up spending double the time, most of it crawling in a traffic jam. That said, it was one refreshing drive and I am glad we did it.

Teaser:
When you look back in your life, make sure that you chose to look at only the beautiful things - That is me, being philosophical - A click of Koraigadh!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-friendship-day.jpg

Place - Koraigadh
Distance - 75 Kms one side from Pune
Drive - Hyundai Xcent - Petrol
Route Taken - Pune - Old Highway - Bhushi Dam - Tiger Point - Amby Valley

We started off at around 1:00 PM, yes we were late but we were okay with it as the drive was supposed to be just a drive - no targets, no deadline. The roads, through out were awesome, specially once we cross Bhushi Dam. Traffic was manageable till we took the ghats, we were stuck there for at least an hour both ways. Reason for traffic - narrow roads, no driving or parking sense, and mad rush at Bhushi Dam. There were times when I felt like getting out of the driving seat and shove some parking and driving sense into some morons but then better sense prevailed. So yes, where was I - We reached at the bottom of Koraigadh at around 5 and to quench our thirst of trekking we started to climb, although we were late and we knew we will not be able to complete the trek because it is advisable to climb down before it gets dark there. We could do only half of it, never the less it was fun, it was refreshing. We started off at around 7ish and after battling with the traffic, we were home by 9.

I am not good at writing and I can not express much, but I hope you like the pictures.

That is three of us - One could not join but there is always a next time!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-us.jpg

Rain Gods - Preparing the stage!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-rain-gods-preparing-stage.jpg

The Red Carpet!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-machine-2.jpg

The Showstopper!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-team-bhp.jpg

Super smooth roads!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-roads-were-awesome.jpg

The paths less traveled-1!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-trek.jpg

The paths less traveled-2!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-trek-2.jpg

Koraigadh's Top!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-top.jpg

Loved this one - Could not resist sharing - That is me!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-silhoutte.jpg

Standing alone, braving the storms!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-standing-alone.jpg

Drive safe, stay blessed!!
Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad-machine.jpg

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 9th August 2015 at 13:20.
Engine_Roars is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 17:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Day-trip from Pune to Koraigad

The last pic is awesome!

Quote:
Reason for traffic - narrow roads, no driving or parking sense, and mad rush at Bhushi Dam
Sadly this is fast becoming the de-facto situation in almost all places in India.

Is there a road to the top now? I visited the fort years back and one had to climb on foot those days. Hopefully it is still the same.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th August 2015 at 17:29. Reason: Removing the pic.
Old 10th August 2015, 17:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
The last pic is awesome!

Sadly this is fast becoming the de-facto situation in almost all places in India.

Is there a road to the top now? I visited the fort years back and one had to climb on foot those days. Hopefully it is still the same.
Thank you . Yes, it is still the same. You need to climb, it is an 30-45 minutes climb to the top, that is what I heard. Sadly, we were late for the party and could not complete the trek and had to return back after climbing the half of it.
Old 10th August 2015, 19:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Drive safe, stay blessed!!
Attachment 1401519
This click is superb. Where exactly is this location? I have started living in Pune now, can you help with the road directions and some pointers as well.

Cheers
Josh
Old 11th August 2015, 10:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
This click is superb. Where exactly is this location? I have started living in Pune now, can you help with the road directions and some pointers as well.

Cheers
Josh
Thank you😊.

The route map is pretty simple, just look for Amby Valley in google maps - Koraigadh is few kms from Amby Valley. It is 75 kms from Wakad, roads are superb through out, make sure that you take the old highway and not the expressway. Try and reach as early as possible, to avoid the traffic mess at Bhushi Dam. Do let me know if you need more info, will be happy to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks