Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 12:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Iran - Amazing People, History, Cities & Food

Iran is really a beautiful country. I am planning to visit Iran and Iraq next year with family. My wife has already been to Iran and Iraq earlier. I have heard a lot about both the countries, especially Iran, from my family members and friends who have visited. The OP should have visited Qom and Mashhad also for more history and culture.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Beautiful! I never though Iran had so much to offer. Loved the art work on walls of mosques, colourful cutleries too.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:56   #18

Iran looks clean, spacious and peaceful. Totally different from general perception. Remains of Persian City (Persepolis) talks volumes about ancient history.

Architecture and art works in mosque domes are awesome. Painting from Museum is stunning to the say the least. Please share more paintings if you have it in your picture collection.

Thanks AtticusFinch. You made my day.

PS: Given a chance, I would travel to Iran just for the Mouthwatering Pizza.
Old 7th July 2017, 13:59   #19

I've lived in Iran during my childhood when my dad was working there in the 80s and early 90s. I remember how nice the people were, the beautiful architecture and the delicious food. My dad worked in Shiraz for a few years and it was gorgeous! I had the misconception that Iran is a desert country and was very surprised to see that it snows there!

Since this is Team-BHP i should highlight that it's in Tehran that I got my first chance to sit in a Mercedes (taxi) although I don't remember which model it was. I also travelled a lot in Paycans, Jian (Citroen 2CV) and a few Nissan pickups.

Thank you for the post and pictures, they brought back a lot of memories.
Old 7th July 2017, 15:24   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Splendid photolog of one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Been there around 2002. Had visited port cities like Bandar abbas, Bandar Mashahar & Chabahar port was being revamped as my ship had called there.
Had got chance to go out in Mahshahr & Chabahar but of course it was not so open to foreigners at that time, especially to Seamen. People were friendly though.
You started this in 2015 & then seem to have taken a 2 years break.

I must finish by saying that you are ONE FREE BIRD THAT CANNOT BE MOCKED.
I simply love that book.

Regards-Sonu
Oh good to know, you must have visited half of the world during your sailing days.
Yeah, started the log when i joined the forum. Took some time .

Indeed, its a great Book. The movie was also great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Great pics! On one of my all time places to visit!
Thanks, you should definitely visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Lovely travelogue AtticusFinch.

My uncle was posted in Iran for a few years and he travelled extensively across Iran on his Paykan sedan. I remember he showed me pics of Isfahan, Teheran, Shiraz, Tabriz, Mashhad and the Caspian Sea. Since then, Iran has always been on my bucket list alongwith the Central Asian Stans. Hope to tick these places off the list someday !
Thanks. Yeah, must visit place. Even i have the other central asia stans on my bucket list. Someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Awesome travelogue, Atticus. Somehow you forgot to mention about the terrific Iranian movies and moviemakers. Perhaps you are not a movie buff, I reckon...

..And this is the country the Saudis want the US to bomb and bomb.
I know politics is taboo in TBHP, but can't help saying this.
Thanks, one of the reasons for my visit was the Movies as well.
A Separation, About Elly, Salesman, Children of Heaven.
Yeah, Saudi, US, Israel want to bomb this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Excellent travelogue. What a pristine country and a great civilization. In Post #9, it does not look like a Jewish synagogue; it is more likely a Zoroastrian fire-temple. The people look friendly and it is does defy the Hollywood perpetuated stereotype of Iran.
Thanks, its the Zoroastrian Fire-temple.
Its a great civilization and has a lot of influence on ours due the Persian invasions and mughal rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Iran is really a beautiful country. I am planning to visit Iran and Iraq next year with family. My wife has already been to Iran and Iraq earlier. I have heard a lot about both the countries, especially Iran, from my family members and friends who have visited. The OP should have visited Qom and Mashhad also for more history and culture.
Oh, great. Good Luck with your trip, let me know if you need any help in planning the trip.
Is it safe to visit Iraq now ?
Yes, will visit Qom & Mashhad next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Beautiful! I never though Iran had so much to offer. Loved the art work on walls of mosques, colourful cutleries too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjstanka View Post
Iran looks clean, spacious and peaceful. Totally different from general perception. Remains of Persian City (Persepolis) talks volumes about ancient history.

Architecture and art works in mosque domes are awesome. Painting from Museum is stunning to the say the least. Please share more paintings if you have it in your picture collection.

Thanks AtticusFinch. You made my day.

PS: Given a chance, I would travel to Iran just for the Mouthwatering Pizza.
Thanks.
Indeed, they have long history.Alexander razed the Persepolis to ground and then came for India.
Will post more pics later.
That Pizza was too good, two layers of meat, perfect dough. Even for me, one of the reasons for going back there would be this Pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer2911 View Post
I've lived in Iran during my childhood when my dad was working there in the 80s and early 90s. I remember how nice the people were, the beautiful architecture and the delicious food. My dad worked in Shiraz for a few years and it was gorgeous! I had the misconception that Iran is a desert country and was very surprised to see that it snows there!

Since this is Team-BHP i should highlight that it's in Tehran that I got my first chance to sit in a Mercedes (taxi) although I don't remember which model it was. I also travelled a lot in Paycans, Jian (Citroen 2CV) and a few Nissan pickups.

Thank you for the post and pictures, they brought back a lot of memories.
Oh, great. It must have been a great experience living there.
My pleasure.
AtticusFinch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
Oh good to know, you must have visited half of the world during your sailing days.

Oh, great. Good Luck with your trip, let me know if you need any help in planning the trip.
Is it safe to visit Iraq now ?
Yes, will visit Qom & Mashhad next time.

Yes, will let you know. Thanks for the offer. The trip will mostly be for religious reasons with some tourism thrown in!! Yes, Iraq is pretty much safe except parts like Mosul etc.
Old 7th July 2017, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Wow, excellent write up combined with one of my dream destinations; page bookmarked.
I hope I get a chance one day to make a visit.
Old 7th July 2017, 18:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one country I'd love to visit some day. Nearly my entire family including my wife & I, my brother & sis-in-law had several Irani friends back our school & college days.
Wonderful people.
Old 7th July 2017, 22:13   #24
BANNED

Thanks for sharing. Iranians are a peculiar group of people. You have the old style fundamentalists and conservatives and you have the modern 21st century faction who don't believe in what the Ayatollah say.

I met a few Iranians and they were the most modern and friendly group from that part of the world, the next I think that come to meet the laidback nature of Iranians is the Lebanese.

Some of their women are drop dead gorgeous.
Old 8th July 2017, 11:50   #25
BANNED

I never knew Iran was such a beautiful place with so much of history attached to it before I saw these lovely thread. The narration accompanied by those photographs are just excellent. This place is going to be on my must visit wish list.
Thanks for sharing such a awesome travelogue.
Regards
visky.
Old 8th July 2017, 16:17   #26
BHPian

Superb travelogue @AtticusFinch with lots of fantastic pictures.
Marvelous architecture of Iran is fascinating. Good thing it is not limited to one or two cities but spread out all over the country. Seeing very beautiful and well-maintained parks must have felt good. A little more infirmation regarding Iranian cuisine would have been the cherry on the cake.
Old 10th July 2017, 11:20   #27
A M
BHPian

Thanks for sharing @AtticusFinch. Very beautiful travelogue indeed. Iran has always been on my radar alongwith the other stans of central Asia. This region has always attracted me. God willing, hope to visit these places someday.
Old 10th July 2017, 13:50   #28
BHPian

@AtticusFinch Lovely travelogue. I didn't know Iran is such a beautiful country. The architecture, especially the artwork on the walls and domes is mesmerising. Also, its so clean! Can you share some thoughts on the food there?

I hope I get an opportunity to visit this country some day. Speaking of which, how much do you reckon a 7 day trip for two cost? (A conventional trip, not backpacking). Thanks and cheers!
Old 11th July 2017, 00:38   #29
BHPian

Atticusfinch amazing pictures and thanks for showing such a beautiful country through your lens. Never knew that Iran was such a beauty. Loved your photography too.

Regarding that breakfast picture that you have posted, I could find some similarity with breakfasts given in Egypt. Its the same day after day. I was in Cairo for 6 weeks and at the end got so bored with that breakfast.
Old 11th July 2017, 13:14   #30
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue of a lovely country. You have taken a lot of pain to post so many photos for us to just get the feel of it. Wonderful and thanks.

Swami

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks