Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2015, 20:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Jullay! Our unplanned trip to Ladakh in a Duster AWD

Hats off to you 3 (Girgiti being the third one) once again for making this adventure true, overcoming a host of challenges. I remember to have advised you to take a detour to Rajasthan at one point, considering all the disturbing news we were getting...but you did it and did it in style. And Such and epic adventure creates history when it's complemented by such a beautiful write up and pictures. Keep it up bro!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th September 2015 at 08:04. Reason: SMS language edited
anirbanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 15:15   #32
BHPian

Excellent read! Great TL GhostRider28

I liked the narration of the part where you mentioned "A sudden phone call from office suddenly brightened our evening!... ". It feels great when things that you are longing for suddenly click.

The pictures look far from real. Brilliant place and well captured too. I hope I can do this trip to Ladakh in the near future. Thanks.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 15:39   #33
BHPian

Hey Sayantan aka Ghostrider28 !! Great TL mate !!

Mostly unplanned trips work out better and more cherished than the planned ones and I guess that's the way it is in your case.

I have been thinking of reading through your TL since sometime now, finally managed to do it today. Though the pictures are a few in numbers; they are simply majestic and well captured !! Specially the Mirror image of Girgiti and the other Duster AWD is Superb.

Good to know that the Duster performed flawlessly without much hitches. Seems that Girgiti is all guns blazing in it's first year itself.

Sharing a picture of Girgiti taken in one of our Sukhnopukur outings :
Jullay! Our unplanned trip to Ladakh in a Duster AWD-dsc07751-2.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 09:27   #34
BHPian

Wonderful write up Sayantan. Your pictures are lovely. Great to hear that you put Girgiti to good use. Whatever small dents or nicks should be taken as battle scars.

Regarding the power drop during the start of the trip, I hope you did not forget to switch the ECO mode off when climbing hills.

Great TL once again !!

Regards,

Pawan
Old 30th September 2015, 20:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanz View Post
Hats off to you 3 (Girgiti being the third one) once again for making this adventure true, overcoming a host of challenges.
Thanks Anirbanz! We hope to do the circuit again with the whole gang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsjab View Post
Excellent read! Great TL GhostRider28
I liked the narration of the part where you mentioned "A sudden phone call from office suddenly brightened our evening!... ". It feels great when things that you are longing for suddenly click.
Thanks navsjab! We were actually quite lucky to be able to do the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Sayantan aka Ghostrider28 !! Great TL mate !!
Sharing a picture of Girgiti taken in one of our Sukhnopukur outings :
Thanks AJ! This is one of the best snaps of Girgiti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Wonderful write up Sayantan. Your pictures are lovely. Great to hear that you put Girgiti to good use. Whatever small dents or nicks should be taken as battle scars.

Regarding the power drop during the start of the trip, I hope you did not forget to switch the ECO mode off when climbing hills.

Great TL once again !!
Thanks Pawan! I hate using the ECO mode! It was definitely turned off. (I think I forgot to turn it on during the entire trip, even on highways! ) The power drop was definitely due to the clogged air filter. This car seems a bit too sensitive to moderate clogging. However, as I had mentioned earlier, in very steep and slushy offroad inclines, I found that switching the ESP off does help. I think it reduces power to individual wheels when slipping is detected. There is something in the manual indicating that switching it off activates brake based locker on individual wheels.
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:13   #36
BHPian

Hi GhostRider28, Avishek here. Wonderful photos and very detailed writeup. Your travelogue has given me fresh confidence to carry out a Ladakh trip on my own. Do you think that Swift Zxi can make it?
Old 26th October 2015, 18:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Hi GhostRider28, Avishek here. Wonderful photos and very detailed writeup. Your travelogue has given me fresh confidence to carry out a Ladakh trip on my own. Do you think that Swift Zxi can make it?
Oh yes. It can done. I had done Trivandrum-Delhi-Srinagar-Leh in Swift VDI back in 2010. As I had gone bit early in the season, could not do Manali stretch as the roads were not yet open.
Old 20th April 2021, 08:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
....Upon reaching Kargil quite early, we did quick afternoon trip to Shankoo on the Zanskar road, had a glimpse of the beautiful Suru river (and were already planning the next trip to Zanskar)...
Hi GhostRider28, did your trip to Zanskar materialize?
Old 20th April 2021, 10:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Hi GhostRider28, did your trip to Zanskar materialize?
Unfortunately not :(
Lot of things happened in between, but someday, surely..
Thanks for bringing the inkling back! Now that Shinku La is open, it is even better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks