Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 20:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Once a rich city, now only silent ruins – Ride to the time-worn yet immemoria...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am actually going to Hampi tomorrow. I will have at least 2 days in my hand to explore Hampi in leisure. All those of you who have been to Hampi earlier please do suggest an order in which to visit the different monuments and establishments. Also, what to see on Day-1 and Day-2?

If I had a half day over and above the two is there something close to Hampi thats worth a visit?

Zappo,pls update the route, road conditions and time taken. I am travelling to Hampi on Saturday.
Any itenary there will also help.
Thanks.

Nandita, nice photos. You seem to be biking every month. I am about to re live your experience on Saturday.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 21st October 2015 at 20:32.
Old 26th October 2015, 14:18   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Once a rich city, now only silent ruins – Ride to the time-worn yet immemoria...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Zappo,pls update the route, road conditions and time taken. I am travelling to Hampi on Saturday.
Any itenary there will also help.
Thanks.

Nandita, nice photos. You seem to be biking every month. I am about to re live your experience on Saturday.
I came back last night. This may be a little late in the day but for the posterity, I took the route via Mehboobnagar, Raichur and Gangavati. While going I entered Hospete from a side that took me through all kinds of markets with narrow lanes and millions teeming in those lanes. It was a nightmare to negotiate those lanes with a bit of a bigger vehicle.

On return I wanted to avoid that route at all costs. Thus I took a route via Hampi. As it turned out while the route was comparatively void of the town roads but it was horrendously bad in between for almost 2+ kms. Also, it was longer than the earlier route.

While Hampi was enjoyable I thought my drive to Anegundi on the next day turned out to be absolutely futile. While my friend decided to climb the steep 500+ steps to get on top of the Anjaneya Parwat to visit the shrine dedicated to Lord Hanuman I thought I will utilize the time in exploring Anegundi and its ruins. Unfortunately there was barely anything that I could find of any interest.

My stay was at Hotel Malligi. It was running full due to the holiday season. However, other than stray gaps, I think overall that's a really good hotel in a small town like Hospete.
Old 26th October 2015, 18:16   #18
BHPian

Re: Once a rich city, now only silent ruins – Ride to the time-worn yet immemorial Hampi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
So Hampi > Bellary Highway > Challakere > Hiriyur > Tumkur > is the route to go to avoid the bad roads. Is it good or relatively better than the other route.
Also does the home stay have car parking?
I wont say it is exceptionally good but slightly better than the Hospet one. This had lesser potholes, patches and speed breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Nice detailing and pictures. Happy to see you taking that extra mile for getting good pictures - Wish you more trips (photo treat for us) and gear up for Nikon D7100 which is the best for the amateurs who has enough knowledge in shooting

Cheers
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adietya.d View Post
Beautiful narrative and stunning pictures Great use of the wide angle to capture the essence of this amazing place. Great post processing as well....It was a joy, this post
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
This is very true of Hampi. Nicely captured Nandita.
I have been to Hampi several times but am too lazy to write them up. You didnt go to the other side of the river - to the hanuman temple above the hill?
any idea what happened to the mango tree restaurant?

I like to sit on top of the tall "stage" (I forgot what it was called) and close my eyes and imagine people living, going about their activities, kings ruling, ministers ministering, building and enjoying. Quite a moving feeling.
Nope, we didn't have time to go to the Hanuman Temple. We did try out Mango Tree on the last night - being a die hard foodie, I didn't like the food they served at all. Absolutely no taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Very nice pictures and wonderfully written narrative. I am already thinking of planning my next vacation to this place.
Thanks. Hope you get to travel soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am actually going to Hampi tomorrow. I will have at least 2 days in my hand to explore Hampi in leisure. All those of you who have been to Hampi earlier please do suggest an order in which to visit the different monuments and establishments. Also, what to see on Day-1 and Day-2?

If I had a half day over and above the two is there something close to Hampi thats worth a visit?
Look like you are already back from the trip. Hope it was a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelemail View Post
@Nandita now I know, you are a "Traveller" and a "Photographer" who can write. The moment I saw the name "Humpi" in the thread, I cursed myself for not doing it when I was living in Chennai This was a must visit place for me, having heard a lot about the place.

Have been reading all your Tlogs and I quite like you style of writing. Buckle up more; write more, of course with lots of photos.
Thank you and please do keep reading my t-logs. Keeps me motivated to travel and write more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks