Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 20:39   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive

Our well-known teambhpian Karthikk was to tie the knot on 9 September 2015 in Palakkad. I had planned my leaves so that I have a day or two for me to travel around Palakkad

Had a round of casual discussion with my buddies and initially it was me and Raghu (rbp) who were supposed to go to Valparai to spend a day there and then head to Palakkad for the wedding. However, at the last minute Raghu had to drop out due personal exigency. Since the booking for the accommodation already done, I went ahead with the plans even with it being a solo drive until Palakkad.

7th September 2015

Started at 5 am in the morning and drove straight to Salem and had a stopover for a leisurely breakfast. Had tasty Idly, Vada, Dosa and a strong dose of coffee. Visited True Sai Salem to pick up a bottle of premixed coolant which took about 40 mins max. It was nice of Shaktivel to voluntarily do a quick check up as I as was on a highway trip. Windshield and front windows cleaned, I was all set to hit the highway again. Mind you all the stuff at True Sai was done in 30 mins flat. It was around 10.15 am by the time I head out of Salem. Drove through the Tiruppur and Palladam to reach Pollachi after losing about 30 mins in a traffic jam in Polladam. Had a quick lunch and then headed off to Valparai. I had booked the accommodation at Monica Bungalow which is part of the Wood Briar Group.

A small video of the video driving up.

Checked into allotted tent at the Bungalow. Had a nice lovely lunch. The intent here was just to relax. I had quick nap and then had refreshing tea. Time for a movie on the laptop that I carried. All this while, it was raining heavily (started to rain as soon as I had checked in). Had dinner at 9 pm and crashed for the day.

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6816.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6819.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 20:45   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive

8th September 2015

Woke up leisurely on a weekday (phew otherwise it’s running against time for work), had a lovely breakfast and packed all the stuff and checked out around 10.30 am. Drove slowly enjoying the weather around. Stopped at a few places for pics.

A few pics from the Bungalow

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6831.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6834.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6838.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6840.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6842.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6845.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6848.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6861.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6864.jpg

A few pics of the misty ghats

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6874.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6875.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6876.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6879.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6883.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6881.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6885.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6897.jpg

A video of the drive through misty mountain.

Pretty eventless reached Pollachi and drove to Palakkad. Checked into a hotel and rested for a while before heading to the wedding hall. Later that night Crazy_ Driver joined me at the same hotel. Raghu had left for Palakkad on a Trusted KSRTC Volvo service.

9th September 2015

After having the breakfast at the hotel, we reached the wedding hall at around 9 am. Witnesses the wedding and the sumptuous lunch followed. It was time to head back to Bangalore with Raghu and Crazy_Driver aka Sujai would drive back to Trivandrum.

Drove back via Coimbatore – Chamarajanagar route and reach home by 10 pm.

A couple of pics of the Sunset after crossing the forest checkpost

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6905.jpg

Mesmerizing Valparai - Solo Drive-img_6907.jpg

A video of driving up through the Dhimbham Ghats.

nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 21:59   #3
BHPian

The sunset pictures you've put up here are beautiful. Any details on the click? Where were you at that point (as in location) ?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
The sunset pictures you've put up here are beautiful. Any details on the click? Where were you at that point (as in location) ?
The Sunset pic was shot from the mobile. The location is somewhere near the Talavadi road when coming from the Sathyamangalam side.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks