Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 11:43   #16
BHPian

Re: 6122 kms, 6 States, 14 Days: Bangalore - Rajasthan - Agra Road Trip

Great piece of write-up .. Pramod!
Amazing details with equally cool pics to support .. especially the summary in first post gives lots of answers upfront.

I see that you spent ~1.5 hrs at Taj .. is that ample time for it?
How comfortable was doing Jaipur-Agra-Jaipur in time you mentioned .. overall looks your onward journey was pretty fast.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Great piece of write-up .. Pramod!
Amazing details with equally cool pics to support .. especially the summary in first post gives lots of answers upfront.

I see that you spent ~1.5 hrs at Taj .. is that ample time for it?
How comfortable was doing Jaipur-Agra-Jaipur in time you mentioned .. overall looks your onward journey was pretty fast.
Thanks a lot for the nice words. Good to know that you liked the summary part.

We did not find the need to spend more time in Taj. As I mentioned in my post, the experience outside spoiled our mood. Also, people were not allowed to stand inside the mausoleum. This place deserves to be managed better.

Onward journey was OK but got delayed in the return journey due to a railway crossing and unruly traffic inside a town. Jaipur - Agra - Jaipur is definitely doable.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 22:01   #18
BHPian

Beautiful trip and travelogue Pramod. We.We recently undertook a Delhi road trip too. You seem to have spent considerable amount of time in places en-route where as ours was more of a point to point drive.Well in our next trip will keep your kind of plan in mind. Enjoyed reading this.
subbu567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 15:44   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful trip, hats off to you and the family. Very nice travelogue with excellent pictures, thanks for sharing

On day 1, what was the route you took to reach Thane ?
Did you get on to the Thane-Belapur road via Vashi or some other routing that HVK suggested ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 18:23   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
what was the route you took to reach Thane ?
Did you get on to the Thane-Belapur road via Vashi or some other routing that HVK suggested ?
Knowing HVK and his choice of bypassing Mumbai, It has to be Expressway Exit - Kalamboli - Turbhe - Thane Belapur Road - Airoli Bridge - Eastern Expressway - Thane.

I am more than sure Pramod would have taken the above route which still is the most sensible option opposed to taking the NH4 all the way via Mumbra which is a big pain anyway.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 09:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
Beautiful trip and travelogue Pramod. We.We recently undertook a Delhi road trip too. You seem to have spent considerable amount of time in places en-route where as ours was more of a point to point drive.Well in our next trip will keep your kind of plan in mind. Enjoyed reading this.
Thanks a lot. Good to know that you enjoyed the travelogue. I read your post regarding your trip. Hope you are working on a travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wonderful trip, hats off to you and the family. Very nice travelogue with excellent pictures, thanks for sharing

On day 1, what was the route you took to reach Thane ?
Thanks a lot for the nice words. I took the route mentioned below by Parag to bypass Mumbai and it was pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Knowing HVK and his choice of bypassing Mumbai, It has to be Expressway Exit - Kalamboli - Turbhe - Thane Belapur Road - Airoli Bridge - Eastern Expressway - Thane.

I am more than sure Pramod would have taken the above route which still is the most sensible option opposed to taking the NH4 all the way via Mumbra which is a big pain anyway.
Thanks Parag for the update. This is the exact route that we took.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks