Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 22:31   #16
BHPian

Re: A mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls

Nice write up achyu! Murudeshwar-Gokarna-Jog used to be a frequent drive for me during my under-graduation days and your pictures brought me a glimpse of it. Jog becomes quite a scenic falls during monsoon. Sharing a couple of pics from my trip album.
A mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls-296297_2282502015742_1705197_n.jpgA mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls-307973_2282501575731_2348794_n.jpg
A mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls-325806_2282491775486_7436389_o.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 23:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Thanks so much, Titanium! My wife and I plan to visit Jog during the next monsoon to see it in full glory. Thumbs up to that.
I would definitely recommend the NH206 route to Jog. Yes, there is a stretch that is narrow but it is short enough to NOT put you off. I drove through that stretch on a Monday and there weren't many vehicles on the road that day. As long as the opposite car's driver is sane, you shouldn't have too much trouble. My XUV and a Duster coming in opposite direction were able to negotiate the squeeze with a little bit of "off-roading" . I think you will be fine with your tank. For all you know, the car driving towards you will stop to give way and salute you as you pass . TUV = Respect!
That stretch apart, there is so much beauty on that road that it is difficult to ignore.
Thanks for sharing the information, Achyu. Good to know that you and your wife are visiting Jog in the monsoon. You've instilled confidence in me to explore that stretch with my Battle Tank. TUV indeed commands respect on the road so does your XUV. Thanks again
Titanium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 00:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Jog becomes quite a scenic falls during monsoon. Sharing a couple of pics from my trip album.
Woah Ps! I am speechless. The waterfall looks straight out of the movie Bahubali! And also Lord Shiva. So beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Thanks for sharing the information, Achyu. Good to know that you and your wife are visiting Jog in the monsoon.
You and Titanium have now given me enough reasons to definitely make the trip next monsoon.

Cheers
achyu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 01:27   #19
BHPian

Hello Achyu, I came across a picture of my previous car ( Chevrolet Beat ) clicked at Murudeshwar last year. Strangely, both of my cars, new and old were almost parked on the same spot. I would like to share it here.
Attached Thumbnails
A mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls-image.jpg  

Old 15th November 2015, 12:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Achyu, I came across a picture of my previous car ( Chevrolet Beat ) clicked at Murudeshwar last year. Strangely, both of my cars, new and old were almost parked on the same spot. I would like to share it here.
That's a happy coincidence . Another thing to notice is that both times you parked right next to a Mahindra vehicle
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 13:31   #21
BHPian

Nice bunch of photos along with the travelogue Achyu. It can become aa default reference to all travellers from Blore to those places.

BTW I too drove through Honnavar->Jog->Shimoga->Tumkur-->Blore on Friday evening last.

Left Honnavar around 4pm. Reached Jog, spend 30 min & left there by 6pm. Road uphill to Sagar was tedious, but once you cross Sagar, the tarmac is like NH4 all the way to Shimoga. Left Shimoga at 8pm after a short 10 min break. Road was not very good beyond Badravathi. Too many speed breakers and quite a few potholes which slowed us down.

Stopped at Kadur for almost an hour for dinner. The hotel - Vinayaka Cafe, on your right when entering Kadur from Jog - was very good. Enjoyed the starters, main food and hot filter coffee there. Had clean restrooms too. Appears like a new place. Similar hotel exists on your way from Blore/Tumkur - on your left, then you enter Kadur. Looks like Kadur is a good stopover place for food on the way to Jog or return to Blore from there .

Since the truck traffic was on higher side with intermittent bikes & tempos, with narrow roads and those unmarked speed breakers, drove sedately and manage to reach home by 2am.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:35   #22
BHPian

Hello Achyu. I was reminded of your travelogue when I stopped at Anand Bhavan for lunch, during my last visit to Bangalore. You had shared picture of the same restaurant. A picture from the spot is attached below.
Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!
Attached Thumbnails
A mesmerizing drive from Bangalore to Murudeshwara & Jog Falls-image.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2016, 20:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Achyu. I was reminded of your travelogue when I stopped at Anand Bhavan for lunch, during my last visit to Bangalore. You had shared picture of the same restaurant. A picture from the spot is attached below.
Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!
Thanks Titanium! Wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous 2016!

Yep we stopped at that A2B for breakfast. I read about the turbo pipe problem that you had faced and was super relieved to read that everything was sorted for you guys to resume your journey. Kudos to your brother, his presence of mind and knowledge about cars! Just saw pics of your recent trip as well. Hope your ownership remains trouble free for many years to come.

I am posting on the forum after many days as I have been pretty occupied. Checked posts today after nearly a week. My BattleCat has been busy too - just short of 7300 kms in almost exactly 3 months of ownership and has, by God's grace, been a joy to drive.

Cheers
Old 5th May 2016, 21:56   #24
BHPian

Hi Achyu,

A wonderful write up and nice pics!

I am planning to go to Murudeshwar later this month.
I looked their website for RNS residency and the rate for a a/c rom is quoted as Rs 2,000 + tax on weekdays and Rs 3,000 + tax on weekends.
However, when I called their front desk, I was told that the room rates are Rs 3,000+tax on all days (weekdays or weekends) and the person told me that the rates changed 2 years ago. I wonder how their website information hasn't been updated in 2 years.

Achyu and Titanium, you seem to have visited this place.
What's the real room rate in RNS residency a/c rooms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks