Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 11:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Monkeys, Motorcycles and Misadventures - 2,000 km ride around Sri Lanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilireddy0 View Post
Blowhole at Hummanaya - the only known blowhole in Sri Lanka and possibly the second largest blowhole in the world.
Thanks for sharing. It is indeed a great pleasure to see people take a road not taken by many!
on the blowholes, have lived in Western samoa in 2003. They have wonderful blowholes. Me and my samoan friends use to take tender coconuts and put them on these holes waiting for the tide to blow them up

(thanks for the nostalgia as well).
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 14:16   #17
BHPian

kilireddy0 : Thanks for sharing. This is one hell of a walk and a ride. Curious to know more about the walk part though. What was the route of the walk done and how many days it took to complete ? I am sure your cousin must have done some extensive research on Ramayana.
Also how was local people support of SriLanka while riding?
KiranPatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 05:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Me and my samoan friends use to take tender coconuts and put them on these holes waiting for the tide to blow them up (thanks for the nostalgia as well).
You're welcome FuelInjector! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranPatil View Post
kilireddy0 : Thanks for sharing. This is one hell of a walk and a ride. Curious to know more about the walk part though. What was the route of the walk done and how many days it took to complete ? I am sure your cousin must have done some extensive research on Ramayana.
Also how was local people support of SriLanka while riding?
You're welcome KiranPatil! About the route - he started at Hampi, walked through Chitradurga, Namakkal, Madurai, Tirunalveli and finished near Kanyakumari. There is a map of the route on his Facebook page (sorry, can't post links but a quick search for Monkeys, Motorcycles and Misadventures will locate it). It took him about 50 days to cover the distance. Yes, he did talk to a lot of people and read about the route before planning the trip. He said the locals in Sri Lanka were very friendly and helpful.
Old 8th December 2015, 16:21   #19
BHPian

Hi Kilireddy

First of all a big bow to your cousin. What an enormous feat, and to top it all a very informative travelogue. The best part about this travelogue for me was that your cousin took the journey at a very leisurely place and enjoyed every bit of it, rather than rushing things. Do convey my congratulations to your cousin.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 09:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Hi Kilireddy

First of all a big bow to your cousin. What an enormous feat, and to top it all a very informative travelogue. The best part about this travelogue for me was that your cousin took the journey at a very leisurely place and enjoyed every bit of it, rather than rushing things. Do convey my congratulations to your cousin.
Thanks pduttaghy! Yeah, he was away for a long time and spent a lot of time around Sri Lanka - close to a month actually.

I will pass on your congratulations to my cousin. He will be very happy to hear it.
Old 16th December 2015, 21:35   #21
BHPian

Once we have this Sea Bridge to Sri Lanka ready, we would be able to follow Kili's cousin's footsteps more easily!!
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 08:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Once we have this Sea Bridge to Sri Lanka ready, we would be able to follow Kili's cousin's footsteps more easily!!
Oh wow! I thought they shelved this idea earlier. Adding one more trip to the list!
Old 21st December 2015, 12:12   #23
BHPian

Hey .. found out a thread as well that has continued updates on this topic - On the anvil: 22,000 crore hybrid bridge-tunnel connecting India & Sri Lanka.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 10:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. found out a thread as well that has continued updates on this topic - On the anvil: 22,000 crore hybrid bridge-tunnel connecting India & Sri Lanka.
Thanks for pointing this out deepv. Will follow that thread for updates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks