Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Mewad Sojourn - A Memory Immortal. Mumbai - Rajasthan - Mount Abu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
We have a Navi Mumbai Team-BHP Whatsapp group for almost a year now I gguess. This is where we plan our meets
Hi Tejas, looks like you had a excellent trip there! I visited Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaislmer, Jaipur but via train last week. It was one of the best experiences we ever had and will never forget the place, museusm, folk dance/song.
If I PM you the number is it possible to add me in Whatsapp group, I would like to join.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
DAY 1 – MUMBAI TO UDAIPUR

[b]Total Kms. Driven – Approx. 775 Kms

Travel Time (Including Breaks) – 13 Hours (Approx. 2 Hours of Breaks)

Toll Paid – 771 Rs.

Departed at – 07:00 AM (Gathering Point – Fountain Hotel)

Route Taken: Mumbai – Baroda – Godhra – Modasa – Udaipur
Why did you not prefer to take via Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar route? I'm planning to drive from Madurai to Udaipur on December 13,14 and 15. Which is the best route?
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Why did you not prefer to take via Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar route? I'm planning to drive from Madurai to Udaipur on December 13,14 and 15. Which is the best route?
The route you mention is about 16-18 kms longer, which in such a long travel is nothing. But the factor to consider over here is that you may end up driving on either the Ahmedabad SP Ring Road or on NH8 which runs through Ahmedabad City. Those additional 16-20 kms can easily result to 1 hour extra if you get stuck in Ahmedabad traffic.

The Halol - Godhra bypass from Baroda is a pretty good road (4 Lane highway) with sparse traffic. No worries about any slow down any where.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:01   #34
BHPian

@tejas08: Very nice travelogue. I did the same trip in my Linea on the vary same dates with my wife and son. My route was a little different though. I had to visit Ahmedabad and Vadodara to meet my relatives there. My route was Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Modhera Sun Temple - Ambaji - Mount Abu - Kumbhalgarh - Ranakpur - Udaipur - Shamlaji - Vadodara - Mumbai.

I faced lot of traffic in Ahemedabad and Mount Abu. Especially in Abu, parking was a major problem. It took the maximum of driving skills to park the car at Guru Shikhar as tourist vehicles were parked in absolutely adhoc manner there.

I also hired an auto to see local Udaipur, but my hotel manager gave me an idea to hire autos separately from places to places. It just costed 240 Rs. to see all Udaipur (Many places are concentrated in a specific area)

I missed my time calculation to reach Mount Abu since there was lot of crowd at Ambaji temple. We were supposed to leave Ambaji at 3 but the crowd pushed the time to 5.45. It was an absolute thrill to climb the ghats in complete darkness. One local at Abu advised us to drive car using fog lamps instead of normal head lights to avoid blinding of the opposite vehicle and I followed that. Driving 30 Kms of ghats using Fog lamps was a completely different experience.

Kumbhalgarh is a must visit place although the road was challenging. Once we reached there we felt it was worth taking this not-so-common route.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The route you mention is about 16-18 kms longer, which in such a long travel is nothing. But the factor to consider over here is that you may end up driving on either the Ahmedabad SP Ring Road or on NH8 which runs through Ahmedabad City. Those additional 16-20 kms can easily result to 1 hour extra if you get stuck in Ahmedabad traffic.

The Halol - Godhra bypass from Baroda is a pretty good road (4 Lane highway) with sparse traffic. No worries about any slow down any where.
Thanks. So if i'm planning from Kohlapur to Mt Abu with one night break in between, what would be the best route and where can I stay? Do you suggest via Godhra or Via Ahmedabad?
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. So if i'm planning from Kohlapur to Mt Abu with one night break in between, what would be the best route and where can I stay? Do you suggest via Godhra or Via Ahmedabad?
I would suggest a stay somewhere between Surat and Baroda. Since you are going to Mount Abu, then u have to stick to road going through Ahmedabad-Mehsana-Palanpur and to Mount Abu.

Try covering maximum distance on the first day, so u do not end up climbing the ghat section at night time on the second day.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
If I PM you the number is it possible to add me in Whatsapp group, I would like to join.
PM me your number and I will get you added in the Navi Mumbai Whatsapp Group.
Old 4th December 2015, 11:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I would suggest you to stop at Vapi or travel another 15 km off NH-8 to visit Daman.

Hotel Woodland at Vapi is on NH-8 itself. The next possible place could be Bharuch. There is a good hotel near station just after the Golden Bridge, which you might take to avoid traffic at NH-8 Narmada Bridge.

Also as mentioned by tejas08, you don't have to go via Godhara. There are two routes.

1. Ahmedabad-Meshana- Palanpur- Mount Abu
2. Ahmedabad- Himmatnagar-Ambaji- Mount Abu

Both are equally good, route 1 marginally better. Normally people take route 2 for onward journey which enables visiting Ambaji Temple and return by route 2.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 13:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

I would suggest you to stop at Vapi or travel another 15 km off NH-8 to visit Daman.

1. Ahmedabad-Meshana- Palanpur- Mount Abu
2. Ahmedabad- Himmatnagar-Ambaji- Mount Abu

Both are equally good, route 1 marginally better. Normally people take route 2 for onward journey which enables visiting Ambaji Temple and return by route 2.
Thanks but I prefer to cover maximum distance on the Second day (First Day from Madurai to Kolhapur), so I can reach Mt Abu before dark. Last time in 2012 I was able to cover Kolhapur to Himmatnagar in a day inspite of driving solo. I think Vadodara would be a good choice for a night halt. Any good clean hotel on the Highway?

Also will go by the first option. Ahmedabad - Meshana - Mt Abu as i'm not interested in Ambaji.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I think Vadodara would be a good choice for a night halt. Any good clean hotel on the Highway?
Hi,

If you want to stay on NH-8 itself, you may consider Plazzo Resorts, which comes on your left before the start of expressway.

However, it would be cheaper to stay in the city. There are numerous hotel around Railway station. After 8 PM going inside city is breeze and do not worry about parking overnight.

Apex International is a good option in budget range. You also have Hotel Surya, Lords Inn, Sayaji Hotels & Surya Palace. All within 300 mts.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th December 2015 at 14:01.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 23:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
A memorable trip to Rajasthan Mewad!

Me – Team-BHP Handle tejas08
Roshan – A close friend of mine
Imran – Team-BHP Handle IPathan
Amit – Team-BHP Handle amit
Atleast from the pics one thing is sure, you guys had blast for a week, which is naturally expected when 3 BHPians are together on a mega road trip. Somehow things are not falling in place, I would like to make similar Rajasthan roadtrip. Anyway very well put together along with good snapshots and I might have missed on review of Auto rickshaw, if guys have posted . Thanks.
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 17:15   #42
BHPian

A query on Gujrat rules around need of yellow tape on the headlamps. Is this rule still in place ?

Did you put the yellow tape on the headlamps or if you didnt - did the cops bother you for this ?
Old 9th December 2015, 14:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
A query on Gujrat rules around need of yellow tape on the headlamps. Is this rule still in place ?

Did you put the yellow tape on the headlamps or if you didnt - did the cops bother you for this ?
Hi,

The rule has been abolished. Please see the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-2015-a-9.html
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 12:51   #44
BHPian

What a travelogue. You guys must have had a lot of fun. Reading your post brought back many memories from my school days. Ajmershariff Durgah is a really interesting place to visit. Have been fortunate to visit the place a few times during my school days.

I completely agree with you on the Oyo aspect. even I was quite disappointed with one of their places in kolkata.

Sad to read about the accident while returning. Being a CITY owner myself, I know how it feels when you get a even a minor scratch
Old 16th December 2015, 16:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

The rule has been abolished. Please see the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-2015-a-9.html
Yes we did put the yellow tape on the headlamps.

We didn't know that the rule was abolished but when when we were at the Honda dealership in Gandhinagar getting the rear view mirror replaced, we saw a lot of new Honda's with the yellow tape. I remember because the dealer's name was printed on these tapes and I was thinking about the publicity the dealership was resorting to by this smart idea. Even the Jazz that Imran & Rohan test drove there had the yellow tape.
amit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks