Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 16:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Solo 2000 km road-trip in my Jazz: Mumbai- Gokarna- Maravanthe- Jog Falls- Murudeshwar- Dandeli-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Its just 3 of us but I am going to carry my 3 years old son's bicycle, lets see if that fits in.
Dear tazmaan,

Cool!

Whether the cycle fits or not - either way - please take a snap and share it here!

I have a feeling that - if the cycle is not BIG - it should fit.

So, I hope I have convinced you to take the Jazz!

Girish Mahajan
Old 10th December 2015, 23:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Solo 2000 km road-trip in my Jazz: Mumbai- Gokarna- Maravanthe- Jog Falls- Murudeshwar- Dandeli-

Thats an awesome trip and nice pictures to go along. I should do it once too!!

Since I have the Jazz CVT in my radar, can you please give some details on how the car behaved in 'D' and 'S' mode with the paddles? How the car behaved when you wanted to quickly close a gap in traffic, when you want to pass a vehicle quickly, which situation demanded to move to 'S' mode and so on?

Last edited by praveen_v : 10th December 2015 at 23:35.
Old 12th December 2015, 00:52   #18
BHPian

Excellent write up and quite detailed itinerary. Enjoyed the journey via your description. Infact read it twice

What was the route taken from Maravanthe to Jog? Did you take a right turn to leave the NH at Bhatkal? or did you go Via Kollur by taking a right to leave the NH at Khambadakone?
Old 13th December 2015, 22:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Excellent write up and quite detailed itinerary. Enjoyed the journey via your description. Infact read it twice

What was the route taken from Maravanthe to Jog? Did you take a right turn to leave the NH at Bhatkal? or did you go Via Kollur by taking a right to leave the NH at Khambadakone?

Thank you for reading and liking it.

I did turn in from Bhatkal and that was the best turn I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Thats an awesome trip and nice pictures to go along. I should do it once too!!

Since I have the Jazz CVT in my radar, can you please give some details on how the car behaved in 'D' and 'S' mode with the paddles? How the car behaved when you wanted to quickly close a gap in traffic, when you want to pass a vehicle quickly, which situation demanded to move to 'S' mode and so on?

The Jazz performed very well. I was travelling light not much weight. The D mode was good but S mode is addictive. I would go ahead and say Jazz without paddle shift CVT is a waste. The S mode and paddle shift transforms the car.

Gaps are easy to close if you are willing to rev.

Jazz @ 2000 rpm and Jazz at 5000 rpm is not the same car. Trust me experience it, I do have the accord and characteristics of 1.2 engine is same as 2.4 engine. They love to be revved period.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear tazmaan,

Cool!

Whether the cycle fits or not - either way - please take a snap and share it here!

I have a feeling that - if the cycle is not BIG - it should fit.

So, I hope I have convinced you to take the Jazz!

Girish Mahajan
The cycle fits but without the parcel trey. I did take the Jazz. The milage this time around was exactly identical to what I got during solo trip i.e. 14.5 and like previous trip the return journey was more efficient. It has to do with downhill return routes I guess.

Solo 2000 km road-trip in my Jazz: Mumbai- Gokarna- Maravanthe- Jog Falls- Murudeshwar- Dandeli- Goa-img_7996.jpg
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The cycle fits but without the parcel trey. I did take the Jazz. The milage this time around was exactly identical to what I got during solo trip i.e. 14.5 and like previous trip the return journey was more efficient. It has to do with downhill return routes I guess.

Attachment 1451146
Try removing the handle bar and you might be able to fit it with the parcel tray in place, if at all you need the parcel tray. Also try removing the support wheels on either side so that the cycle can be put flat in the boot to accommodate luggage if necessary.

BTW that was a nice travelogue , I should try out a solo long drive, though I'm skeptical for a long time now. Had a chance to go for a 700 KM drive, but roped in a friend at the last moment, some where I do not feel comfortable doing solo, anyways travelogues like yours might change that apprehension and motivate me to take the solo drive
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 13:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1451146
Dear tazmaan,

Thanks for sharing the photo.
The cycle actually looks cute in the back!
14.5 kmpl is a good average. It speaks volumes about your driving style and skills!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 15:14   #23
BHPian

Amazing pics.

Iam from Dandeli, yes the prices of the hotels/resorts are too high there.

Its a tourist place, where you can do water rafting and safari.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks