Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:45   #16
BHPian

It seems that u guys passed thru maharashtra when there were torrential rains...did that affect ur trip in any way...

Immaculate pics .....great...
Old 24th September 2006, 07:57   #17
BHPian

Hi

Our Lonavala to Udaipur segment was our worst day - due to the downpour on the stretch between Lonavala and Surat. We passed Mumbai in a day it poured like nobody has ever seen (especially us from hot Madras). The road from Thane to Borivali was non-existant and it took us a clear 3 hours to trail thru. Once on the GQ it was looking ok until we hit a road block. We saw atleast 3 kms of trucks queued up on the road and the cops allowed us to go through the opposite track. After another km we saw a disasterous scene where water had clogged the entire highway - and there was a a team trying to break the median to let the water pass through. About 5 SUVs were allowed to go through a slushy gap on the extreme right - we just made it and passed through. What we saw then was another 5 kms of waiting trucks. We went past in hushed silence thinking we were doomed on this trip and there is a major highway blockade ahead. We luckily didnt find one, sped all the way to Surat as the rain slowed down. On reaching Surat I got a SMS from a friend who said that the GQ has been blocked past Mumbai. If we were a couple of hours behind, I am sure there will be no Chennai-Leh trip in my memory log.

cheers
Ram
Old 24th September 2006, 08:22   #18
BHPian

Ram,

Great pics & kudos to you and your team for such a magnificent effort.
Old 18th October 2006, 10:28   #19
BHPian

Read your trip log on the other post, but missed all these pictures. I just saw most of them. Everything looks so fresh, sitting here in Bombay, I am already feeling stifled just looking out my office window and seeing chimneys.
I must say I liked your composition of the snaps.
Old 18th October 2006, 12:49   #20
BHPian

great pics man!! must hv been a trip of a lifetime!!

and with safari as ur ride, must hv been comfy as well

i wud like to do the leh trip myself sometime, on my palio 1.6 maybe!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks