Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 14:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dizzy DriveŽ - Dash to Palakkad & back to Bangalore via Pollachi, Udumalaipet and Parambikulam

Great report, especially on details front; will help a lot for people traveling to these spots.

Feel bad that even after having been in these towns multiple times, yet failed to see / take effort to visit these nearby spots. :(
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:33   #17
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dizzy DriveŽ - Dash to Palakkad & back to Bangalore via Pollachi, Udumalaipet and Parambikulam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great report, especially on details front; will help a lot for people traveling to these spots.

Feel bad that even after having been in these towns multiple times, yet failed to see / take effort to visit these nearby spots. :(
Thanks!
Yes, I can imagine how it feels missing out seeing places close to where you have lived!
We have passed via Pollachi multiple times now on visits to Palakkad and once on the way back from Valparai but this was the first time we actually visited Top Slip and Parambikulam.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 23:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write-up with some nice pics. I liked the crocodile coverage.

Surprised to see that Fastag helped you @ Attibele toll. Normally I see this lane blocked by non-Fastag vehicles. Beyond Krishnagiri the Fastag lanes are ready not sure why they are not activating this facility.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 06:49   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nice write-up with some nice pics. I liked the crocodile coverage.

Surprised to see that Fastag helped you @ Attibele toll. Normally I see this lane blocked by non-Fastag vehicles. Beyond Krishnagiri the Fastag lanes are ready not sure why they are not activating this facility.
Thanks Arun!
I guess you haven't seen my updates on the FasTag thread
At Attibele, the Fastag lane was blocked by a barricade with wheels and there was a person manning it, he let me in after I have the tag.
At Krishnagiri they told me they've deactivated it due to the holiday rush (I guess this will gradually reverse in the months ahead with more people opting for FasTag!).
At toll plazas beyond Krishnagiri, they've marked Lane 3 exclusively for FasTag and one of the toll attendants told me it will be activated in 2-3 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks