Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 21:13   #31

Re: White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration

A belated happy birthday 1100D.

Have to commend you on your photologue. I was there a couple of years back but in one of those Landrovers. While the place is absolutely gorgeous, hats off to you and Marengo in negotiating the trail.
pbishayee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 22:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Thanks For watching this space. Goodbye to a memorable 1 January, the 40th of my life.
Congratulations and thanks for posting this awesome & inspirational TL. This is another valuable addition from Kolkata chapter and coming from none other than the most prolific member here (1100D happens to have the highest # of posts from Calcutta). Your travelogues will continue to inspire a lot of people for many time to come. Keep up all the good work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
You are a man of steel Arunasish to have driven the Monster which is not equipt with a Power Steering on the Sandakphu Trail !! You just missed the snow by a whisker. Awaiting your TL on the Sandakphu as well.
AJ is absolutely spot on. Kudos to Arun for restoring his monster which is rarely used and completing this expedition so effortlessly without a hitch in first try ! Had he stayed a day more, it could have been a mini TeamBhp Sandakphu meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
I personally fee that these photos have an "edge" to them. Any updates in your photography gear?
Well people often think good gear is needed to capture great photographs, but in reality sometimes it's the photographer who makes all the difference. Good to see that the photographer in 1100D have upgraded Here we have lot of great photographers like Samba, Himadri, Debarshi to name a few.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 19th January 2016 at 22:05.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 12:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbishayee View Post
A belated happy birthday 1100D.
Thank You Sir! But it wasn't my birthday, 40th New Year but not 40th Birthday! (A kids 1st new year happens before his first birthday!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Congratulations and thanks for posting this awesome & inspirational TL. This is another valuable addition from Kolkata chapter and coming from none other than the most prolific member here (1100D happens to have the highest # of posts from Calcutta). Your travelogues will continue to inspire a lot of people for many time to come. Keep up all the good work !
Thanks for the kind words. Will try to keep up, but then with every passing year, its becoming increasingly difficult, to either find time to drive around or time to document about them, for various reasons.

Quote:

AJ is absolutely spot on. Kudos to Arun for restoring his monster which is rarely used and completing this expedition so effortlessly without a hitch in first try ! Had he stayed a day more, it could have been a mini TeamBhp Sandakphu meet
Infact, had we met, it wouldn't have been a mini Team Bhp meet, it would have definitely done me wonders for the overall feeling of comfort through the night and early on in the day.

Quote:

Good to see that the photographer in 1100D have upgraded
Its quite painful, I must add!
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 18:50   #34
BHPian

Now that's a pleasant way to welcome 2016!
The trail looks scary, if nothing. Hats off Sir! Totally engrossed in the photologue. Can't help but feel a slight tinge of envy; for you had a better new years'
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 17:40   #35

You surprise me..!!

First of all you went to a so-called land Rover territory in a different car, secondly you did that in the winter braving the frosty and slippery tracks and to add icing to the cake you did that on 31st dec….Kudos to you man..!!

Getting to see a photo of the gleaming Junga against a backdrop of a start studded night sky is a rare thing and the photo hobbyist in me and in many others owes that pleasure to you.

Keep up the good work and keep on surprising the fraternity just as you have till today..
Par_neon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:03   #36
Joy
BHPian

Lovely Travelogue and the view of Mt. Kanchenjunga is the best, I've ever seen. Great Photography.
How far can a 2WD drive vehicle can go in this trail?
Joy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:48   #37
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue as always! Thanks for sharing it with us. Mahindra should really be paying you for showcasing their product in such a fantastic way. Marengo certainly inspired my choice of vehicle purchase in a big way!
ajitkommini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:17   #38
BHPian

Awesome trip with fantastic photographs Anirban ! Inspiring to say the least
Kudos
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 12:37   #39
BHPian

This is really great. the pictures are breathtaking. Indeed an awesome way to enter the new year
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 01:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
How far can a 2WD drive vehicle can go in this trail?
Well, thats a tricky question to answer. If a vehicle is small enough, has loads of torque in its engine and good ground clearance, and good grip, not sure if drive on the front axles will be needed. However, with the usually available options in our country, it would be safe for a 2WD upto Gairibash, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Lovely Travelogue and the view of Mt. Kanchenjunga is the best, I've ever seen. Great Photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par_neon View Post
You surprise me..!!

Getting to see a photo of the gleaming Junga against a backdrop of a start studded night sky is a rare thing and the photo hobbyist in me and in many others owes that pleasure to you.

Keep up the good work and keep on surprising the fraternity just as you have till today..
Shot this a couple of months back from a place called Kaluk. The Kanchenjungha lit up by a fullmoon (locally known as Kojagori Purnima) with stars both above and below!!

White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_50742.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Brilliant travelogue as always! Thanks for sharing it with us. Mahindra should really be paying you for showcasing their product in such a fantastic way. Marengo certainly inspired my choice of vehicle purchase in a big way!
Actually, on the contrary, I must thank Mahindra for making such a vehicle. With every passing month, it endears itself to us. To think of having taken this trip without a need to visit the workshop, prior to it, speaks volumes about the confidence on it at the moment. But yes, do follow the manufacturers recommended checks, in a disciplined manner.

Infact earlier in 2015, Marengo did add up Spiti/Himachal on its resume, although I could not gather myself to write a TL on it, sharing a few pics here :-

Marengo at Kaza, on the way to Langza
White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_1497.jpg

Marengo in the Pin river bed
White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_2053.jpg

Snow line at Mud - Pin Valley
White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_2153.jpg

As if that wasn't enough, there was a very last minute decision to hit the Mughal Road

White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_3135.jpg

The Dongi Marg

White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_3199.jpg

A snow covered Peer-Ki-Gali, Marengo and my daughter Anoushka, waiting for a shimmering hot cup of tea from a local tent!!

White Sandakphu - Our quiet New Year celebration-img_3757.jpg

I really cannot thank Mahindra and Marengo well enough!
1100D is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 09:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant picture from Kaluk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Infact earlier in 2015, Marengo did add up Spiti/Himachal on its resume, although I could not gather myself to write a TL on it, sharing a few pics here
And you know why this post caught my eye

Can we just not have a photo-logue of the trip, please? That would be brilliant.

Quote:
I really cannot thank Mahindra and Marengo well enough!
Include yourself on the list as well for inspiring me to get my Explorer
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:21   #42
BHPian

1100D...what an amazing new year you had...envy you for that.

The mid night pic of the clear sky withsparkling stars and Mt K in the back ground and Marengo in the fore ground was absolutely stunning...!!!

A great pictorial travelogue which speaks for itself all the way. Rated it the well deserved 5 star.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 21:03   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful! 1100D

In movies of any language, whenever I hear the hero deliver the dialogue/song
"I'll bring down stars from the sky for you", I used to laugh. But not anymore.
You literally have brought down the stars!

Amazing photos and wonderful way to welcome the new year.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 20:16   #44

Some mesmerizing pictures especially of the Himalayas at night.Having worked in the tea estates in Darjeeling i have beendriving upto sandakphu in various vehicles which inclus a CJ-3B,Gypsy ,Gypsy King,an Rx 100 and once a difficult climb on the RD350 too.It is a difficult climb,especially just after the monsoons when the road is all dug up.
aresq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 00:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In movies of any language, whenever I hear the hero deliver the dialogue/song
"I'll bring down stars from the sky for you", I used to laugh. But not anymore.
You literally have brought down the stars!
But then, the Movie Hero, in most cases, achieves what he wants to!!
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks