Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 16:47   #16
BHPian

Re: A Trip to South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post
Was it the Lotte hotel? The automation is the thing that stood out the most for me. They have automatic sliders(for doors, windows and curtains) and buttons for nearly everything! Buttons on the commode! Man, how many ways of washing your butt are there! Many apparently!!

As an Indian, the food was, well, very bland. Cold noodles, no! Honey on chicken, Nein! Raw or lighty cooked meats, Nahin!!! But i think its one of those things you get an acquired taste, maybe just like every other cuisine in the world. The Koreans give importance to the natural taste of an ingredient hence spices and heavy sauces are non existent. The beauty, color and mild tastes of the ingredients on the plate is what they appreciate. 10/10 would go to Seoul again.
Think you have the chance to experience spicy Korean food.. Their food is either incredibly spicy or very bland(wont be available in star hotels though). They put a lot of chilli powder and its very spicy. You should try their Kimchi jigae or budda jiggae , Sun dubu etc(google for images and you can see what i am talking about) which are the more spicy than your regular dishes and they are made in front of you through a stove in every table. The ones you are talking about seems to be Japanese influenced dishes which rely more on the flavour of the meat more than the masala which is norm in Western Countries and japan.

Last edited by shadows123 : 30th May 2016 at 16:52.
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:53   #17

Has anyone travelled to South Korea recently? This was the only travelogue I could find in Team BHP regarding SK. There is very little information available regarding tourist visas for SK.

I was planning a family trip to Seoul in April, and getting the visas seems like a real pain. Vfs only takes applications in Mumbai and Delhi and other agents like Akbar Travels are quoting Rs.9999 per person when the visa charge is just Rs.2800.
Old 19th January 2024, 16:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitAK96 View Post
Has anyone travelled to South Korea recently? This was the only travelogue I could find in Team BHP regarding SK. There is very little information available regarding tourist visas for SK.

I was planning a family trip to Seoul in April, and getting the visas seems like a real pain. Vfs only takes applications in Mumbai and Delhi and other agents like Akbar Travels are quoting Rs.9999 per person when the visa charge is just Rs.2800.
Nice you're headed to South Korea soon! When are you headed over? Might not be too late if you haven't left yet - I've got a few tips that could be useful if you want 'em. Let me know your dates and I can share what I've learned from my trips there.
Old 28th January 2024, 02:08   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by routefinder View Post
Nice you're headed to South Korea soon! When are you headed over? Might not be too late if you haven't left yet - I've got a few tips that could be useful if you want 'em. Let me know your dates and I can share what I've learned from my trips there.
Thanks for the offer, but it's too late now . We travelled to South Korea in April 2023. It was a ten-day trip. We really enjoyed it.
Old 31st January 2024, 02:53   #20
BHPian

Nice report on South Korea. Recently this video on South Korean's behavior towards Indians is doing rounds on social media. What are your thoughts on this one ?

Old 31st January 2024, 08:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitAK96 View Post
Thanks for the offer, but it's too late now . We travelled to South Korea in April 2023. It was a ten-day trip. We really enjoyed it.
Ah bummer you've already gone lol Glad to hear you enjoyed it though. South Korea is such a cool country. If you ever decide to head back, feel free to hit me up - I've made some great local contacts there over the years that could maybe point you to some off the beaten path spots.
Old 5th February 2024, 10:38   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Nice report on South Korea. Recently this video on South Korean's behavior towards Indians is doing rounds on social media. What are your thoughts on this one ?

https://Youtu.be/fgHN5ErCAdk?feature=shared
It's really unfortunate to see reports of discrimination towards Indian tourists in South Korea. Tourism is hugely important for the Korean economy, with over 17 million visitors in 2019 according to GowithGuide https://gowithguide.com/blog/south-k...d-to-know-5254 As the number of Indian travelers grows, some Korean attitudes may need adjustment.

Hopefully both countries can work together - Korea could improve cultural awareness training, while visitors respect local rules and customs. When I went a few years ago, most Koreans I met were very friendly. With understanding on both sides, it can continue to be a great tourist destination for all.
routefinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 23:35   #23
BHPian

Nice report with photographs, Korean cuisine is just so delicious especially their BBQ. The variety of fried chicken they have is amazing!

Soju and their lager Cass was our staple drink...

Was there in 2019 for 1.5 months in Mokpo. We had 2 self drive cars at our disposal, drove around the KIA K3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
We did encounter entry restrictions in many bars, night clubs but that was for all races & there were Europeans & other Asians with us too. I Do not know if it was/is Indian specific though.
BlackBeard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks