Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 19:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Pun-toured : The Beautiful Western Ghats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Nice travelogue with lots of beautiful pictures. I did the Western Ghats in May 2015 and Kudremukh was equally good at that time of the year - mesmerizing.

Agree with you on better planning of trip. We also need to have buffer for the driving time due to ghat road - which the place is full of - otherwise you'll quickly run out of time. Luckily for us we were on more than one car.
@nischaltopno. Thanks for reading through. No doubt Kudremukh would be beautiful all through the year. Just that the time during/just after monsoon makes it more enjoyable due to new growth making the range greener. Also the rain, mist and fog adds to the beauty.

Yes this trip was a good learning on how to plan trip better. The mantra in starting as early as possible. Driving at best possible speeds without going overboard and trying the reach the destination before it’s too late. Ideal would be to stop by 7:00 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
Brilliant write-up coupled with amazing snaps, nibedk!

I drove the Sakleshpur Ghats just 4 days back. The roads aren't that bad IMO (despite covering the stretch in my "down-to-earth" Civic). Except for the Oil Tankers coming from Mangalore, the traffic was minimal. I did cover it during the day though. Pretty sure the night drive would've been terrifying.
@satrikon_454 Mate you are being humble. Civic is a brilliant car. I am not sure how good or bad the roads are now. But just after monsoon isn't the best when one is going to find roads in any great state. Yeah night driving sure was terrifying especially with family on board. Had I been alone I do not think I would have been bothered much and would have rather enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
Please cover your number plate for safety reasons. Great travelogue. Thanks for sharing
@aveoman19. Even I have noticed that few folks hide their number plates when putting pictures online. But I have not been able to comprehend the reason. Can you please shed some light as to what sort of security reasons? It will be very helpful for newer members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
The travelogue is great and the pictures have got me all interested in that route.
The Punto looks marvelous as usual and has proved itself yet again. The class leading ground clearance and suspension have shone through in your travel.
@fiestarry. Thanks for your nice words. Yes my Fiat continues to impress me every time I drive the car. I had shortlisted 3 cars when buying the Linea TJET, Punto 90 HP and New Fiesta. Unlike other cars these 3 shine in areas which matter. They may be missing few features which can be retrofitted later on but just beat the competition in areas like ride, handling and safety. These are core areas which either can't be altered or if possible will burn a hole in the pocket. I do hope that Fiat revives and few years from now when I am in the market again for my second car they can provide me some options.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 14:33   #17
BHPian

Nice pictures and good write up. An excellent report on south karnataka. I too have travelled through some of these routes like sringeri, agumbe,jadkal, kaibamba etc, But didnt touch either sringeri nor agumbe, had to byepass NH17 as it was under repairs. I was en route to kollur.
Old 11th September 2016, 22:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
@aveoman19. Even I have noticed that few folks hide their number plates when putting pictures online. But I have not been able to comprehend the reason. Can you please shed some light as to what sort of security reasons? It will be very helpful for newer members.
The fact that the Internet is a shady place and your personal whereabouts/information is out there for anyone in the web world to see is a sure sign of your privacy being compromised. Just a general word of caution. You may choose to take it or leave it.
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 20:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue and good pictures. Thanks for sharing. I love Kudremukh and plan to ride there soon again.
Old 10th January 2021, 21:18   #20
BHPian

Thanks for sharing, really helps people planning to visit these places.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks