Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 14:04   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
I just have one question. I heard earlier that they don't allow travelers not related to the owner / driver of a private vehicle to travel in the same car to Zuluk and such travelers have to hire a cab to get into Zuluk! If that is correct, then how did Arghya get into Zuluk? Asking since I did not find any picture or mention of any cab!
Thanks a lot. .

If the car is not registered in your name, in that case you need to have a proper authorization letter from the owner. They will accept it.

In regards to friends, one can take a maximum of two friends with him. More than that, they feel one is using his private vehicle as a cab. So they deny permit in that case. So up-to three friends in a car should be fine. They didn't even ask me anything about Arghya, before issuing me the permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek VS View Post

We leave for Sikkim this Saturday, 6 of us on 5 bikes. We intend to ride to Gangtok, cover Gurudongmar Lake, Yumthang Valley, then return to Siliguri via Zuluk and Rongli.

The snow on the road should have gone away by now, I think. You mentioned they are skeptical of issuing permits to hatches and sedans for Nathu La. Is it the same for bikers?

Also our return may coincide with polling in Siliguri region on 17th. Should I be worried about that?
Thanks a lot.

Snowing in this part is very unpredictable. The day we came down from Zuluk that day night Gnathang valley witnessed heavy snow fall and the very next day permit to small cars were denied.

For bikes i have heard they give permit for the full circuit. The day we were at Rongli i over heard a conversation from Mr.Dilip Pradhan that bike permits are not issued from Rongli, it has to be issued from Gangtok. So please get some prior information on this.

Now on an election day, i cant guarantee you anything! These are sensitive issues's. I, in your place will prefer not to travel on an election day, though 90% possibilities are it should be safe. But still why take a chance! If you can cross a day before/after the election date it should be safer.

Regarding Yumthang and Zero point, this thread may come handy to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...backs-suv.html

Last edited by Samba : 6th April 2016 at 14:15.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 15:32   #32
BHPian

Re: East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar

Awesome travelogue and so are the photographs. Extremely colourful frames, they are a treat to the eyes. Credit goes to both Samba and Soura. The children must have had a blast seeing fresh white snow. It was fun driving with you guys en route Siliguri and wish we do this again sometime in the future.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 02:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing my last set of pics from this trip.

View of Gnathang Valley.

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_0550v.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_0550.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_0554.jpg

Foggy view from Thambi view point while returning.

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_0603.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_0602.jpg
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 13:39   #34
BHPian

As Said, Here I am Back with the Last Set of Pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouraC View Post
That’s all for now. Hope to come back soon with the last few Panoramas of the trip, bye for now
Its easy to Identify the Road in Snow. Not so easy to Drive.

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4808-stitch-1800x595.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4824-stitch_new-1800x462.jpg

The Beautiful Snowscape (Snowy Landscape)

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4843-stitch-1800x462.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4870-stitch-1800x349.jpg

The King in His Own Terrytory

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4862-stitch-1800x437.jpg

The Team at Kupup Lake

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4887-stitch-1800x342.jpg

The Wow Snow Factor

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4907-stitch-1280x527.jpg

My Favorite Snap of the Trip !! Yep. I am Biased

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_4859-1800x1104.jpg

Bye for now. Will be coming to you next time with New set of Pictures from another Exiting Trip.
SouraC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 01:22   #35
BHPian

Greatness comes in many forms and one such is the way Samba narrates each of his travelogues, words, pictures and of course his love for the machines and roads makes it a treat for anyone. I take this opportunity to thank each of the die hard roadies who made my drive to Zuluk a very memorable one -

Samba - Enough has been said about him, except that he is one hell of a helpful guy that you can ever get around.

Sourac - His impeccable spirit and calmness no matter whatever is the situation and of-course he's our constant source of wisdom

Avrendu - Lends a leadership that one needs no matter where a group is!

Rana - A team man to the core, once he joins it! Rana did catch us up in style after a delayed start.

Samba and Sourac has already given literal and pretty minute details of the trip let me upload my pictures and let it roll! East Sikkim was a fabulous drive - It's not about the roads always it more whom you share it with!

Day break at Siliguri from Monarch Aachal
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk002.jpg

The Zuluk team, impromptu meet with BlackPearl
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk003.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk004.jpg

Sevok Road - First view of the mountains
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk005.jpg

Team Earth1 - Both Samba and Rana were on Yokohama Earth1
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk006.jpg

This is on of the very few straight sections that you get before Rongpo on NH31
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk007.jpg

Shots at Thambi, Gnathang and Kupup Lake

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0004.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0005.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0011.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0012.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0013.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0014.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0030_edited.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0041.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0043.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0044.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0048.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_20160324_102125.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0049.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_20160324_105446.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_20160324_110133.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0059.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-dsc_0068.jpg

East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-img_20160324_121135.jpg

Milan Point at Zuluk: That's where you can get mobile network
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk008.jpg

En-route Lava
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk009.jpg

Lava
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk010.jpg

Lava Sky
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk011.jpg

Sun going down at Lava
East Sikkim: Sailed through the Old Silk Route in hatchbacks, sedans and a Thar-2016marzuluk012.jpg

That's mostly what I have for this time!

Last edited by arindam_xeta : 18th April 2016 at 01:34.
arindam_xeta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:13   #36
BHPian

Hi Team,

Needless to say a beautiful place captured beautifully and described in crisp and detailed travelogue.

After going through your Travelogue it seems now Sikkim is calling.

Rated 5 stars.

Regards,
Arunasish
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks