Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 20:50   #16
BHPian

Re: A blissful ride: Uttaranchal to Himachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
@ Shivanshu Seems you really had a nice and adventurous trip. Riding solo in the Himalayas is always a rejuvenating and blissful experience. Anyways how was the road condition from Uttarkashi to Gangotri? Drove on this stretch in June 2012, at that time at many points the highway was largely unmetalled and damaged, due to rockslides.

Thank you Sambyal. You are very true with your words rejuvenating and blissful.

Uttarkashi to Gangotri was beautiful tarmac and it was freshly laid just the last 8kms was unpaved. But it was fun riding Impulse on those loose dirt.
Old 7th December 2016, 23:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

A little late to the party, but that was a bloody good read and a truly amazing ride bro! Hoping I will get my hands on a good Impulse soon!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 00:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
A little late to the party, but that was a bloody good read and a truly amazing ride bro! Hoping I will get my hands on a good Impulse soon!
All the best brother, let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 8th December 2016, 20:43   #19
BHPian

Awesome ride buddy and you had just the motorcycle for the terrain! You mentioned that it is a new motorcycle but AFAIK the Impulse has been discontinued for a while now.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 01:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Awesome ride buddy and you had just the motorcycle for the terrain! You mentioned that it is a new motorcycle but AFAIK the Impulse has been discontinued for a while now.
Right the Hero Impulse was phased out in 2014, but some of the dealers still had them in stock. I came to know about one such dealer. Went to them, they had this bike in the storage gathering dust and cobweb all around. I took her at 0km on the ODO.

You may still find some if luck is there.
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:21   #21

hi Shivanshu... we are planning to drive from Uttarkashi to Narkanda. if i am not mistaken then its almost the same route as this till Rohru. please guide. also how will the road conditions be like? we will start from Uttarkashi at noon so even if we reach Rohru then its ok.
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricxx View Post
hi Shivanshu... we are planning to drive from Uttarkashi to Narkanda. if i am not mistaken then its almost the same route as this till Rohru. please guide. also how will the road conditions be like? we will start from Uttarkashi at noon so even if we reach Rohru then its ok.
The route to be taken for Uttarkashi to Narkanda would be:
Uttarkashi – Sangamchatti – Syanachatti – Barkot – Purola – Hanol – Tiuni – Arakot – Hatkoti
The above route has to be taken. the road conditions was a mixed of smooth tarmac and broken one and sometime no tarmac. I went there last year after the rains created havoc, so the route conditions are as per last year only, with current rains in upper reaches, don't expect much from the roads.

Now from Hatkoti, there are 2 roads if I remember - Hatkoti - Tikkar - Baghi - Narkanda: these are back state roads so do not expect smooth tarmac. Also these stretches can be a bit isolated. So if going along with family or kids, I would say avoid it. But its a shorter route.

Second route which you can take is Hatkoti - Kharapathar - Kotkhai - Theog - Narkanda which is a bit longer route but normally this route is taken.

Though from my experience these areas are not known for good roads but amazing scenarios and beautiful vistas.

Last edited by Shivanshu : 23rd May 2017 at 22:18. Reason: underlining the second route
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:18   #23
BANNED

Great travelogue/photologue, Shivanshu! I'm not a rider, prefering 4 wheels to two, but have great respect for those who strike out solo on two wheels - specially in our northern hills & mountains. Thanks again,
Shashanka
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks