Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 17:49   #31
Sip
BHPian

Re: Back to Jawhar & Mokhada - again, for a Good Cause!

An act par excellence!

Its the best way to show the solidarity. Such a humane act. May be i can appreciate the pleasure you derived out of this. Pictures tell the story there. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Old 29th May 2016, 18:45   #32
BHPian

Re: Mokhada Trip (Dist Thane) for a Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post

My 2 cents here:

Next time, try giving few tree saplings to the villagers and explain them the importance of growing trees. Your first conversation may not be a success, but repeated dialogues will make them understand its importance.

Perseverance is the key to achieve such tasks.
I wouldn't do that. Asking them to take care of tree samplings when there is water scarcity will get you this reaction: . Moreover villagers are living closely with Nature and know more about how to integrate with Nature better than we city dwellers. Reforestation and water tablet restoration is a large scale project to be carried out systematically by Government bodies, not poor villagers overloaded with work.
Old 29th May 2016, 20:36   #33
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
Reforestation and water tablet restoration is a large scale project to be carried out systematically by Government bodies, not poor villagers overloaded with work.
Previous government and now this BJP government, I have no hopes. Forget the re forestation, if they preserve existing forest, I will be happy. Now dense forest remain only in deep valley where human being can not reach easily.

In the hospital we purchase Oxygen Cylinder at exorbitant price but forget the free oxygen given by trees.
Old 30th May 2016, 00:17   #34
BHPian

Sir,

Salute to the noble cause.

god bless you !
Old 30th May 2016, 15:44   #35
BHPian

Amazing work guys! Very noble cause...donating water to interior villages. God bless you both! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 30th May 2016, 19:48   #36
BHPian

Have to congratulate you for an effort well spent for a such a Noble cause. If two guys can contribute, a Forum like ours can definitely pull up some more mass and reach.
Old 31st May 2016, 00:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselva View Post
I wouldn't do that. Asking them to take care of tree samplings when there is water scarcity will get you this reaction: . Moreover villagers are living closely with Nature and know more about how to integrate with Nature better than we city dwellers. Reforestation and water tablet restoration is a large scale project to be carried out systematically by Government bodies, not poor villagers overloaded with work.
Yes and No. Definitely do not donate saplings before the monsoon starts. The plants will die without water. However, if you go once the monsoon starts then you will hopefully have a large portion of the saplings surviving.
At the end of the day you need to have more plants for the area to improve its water table. Ensure you use saplings that are not water intensive (avoid eucalyptus for example) and provided the plants survive over a year, you should start to see a difference in the water table in a short period of time. Additionally, with the plants/trees, the weather will be cooler in peak summer.
Yes, it is a large scale project, but every little bit we do helps somebody. I read an article recently about a village somewhere in Karnataka that made an effort to conserve rain water (they dug shallow pits/trenches and forbade water intensive crops) and today they are the only village in that area which never has dry wells and ground water is reachable at a maximum of 10 feet depth. Yes, this was a project that took years, but it was just the villagers themselves who did the work and today they are reaping the benefits.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:15   #38
BHPian

I've always wondered, in this time of so much advanced technology, why is it so difficult for the govt to supply drinking water??!!

Salute to you guys for doing this, hats off.!!!
Old 1st June 2016, 14:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pranav,

Thank you so much for posting this awakening experience of How each one of us being the responsible citizen of India can contribute to the betterment of our country rather than just waiting for Government to address all the problems around us. My heartfelt salute to you guys.

Now I know, why your Xylo has clocked much more miles than mine though we started the journey almost at the same time. Really glad to see you put her to right use. Wishing you a trouble-free ownership.
Old 1st June 2016, 18:45   #40

Dear Sirs,

I have been to this region as a part of an trip organized during the monsoon along with office colleagues .The palce is amazing in the monsoons but quite a contrast during the summers, Having stayed in vasai for a few years i have expierenced the power cuts, water shortages and lack of some public services that a few of us are privileged to recieve. As rightly mentioned by some of of members we can definetly drive such events through our forum and can anticipate better response ,coverage, contributions in whatever form and may be attract the attention of civic authorities.

A big thank you for taking the time out ,putting in the effort and being so considerate towards our fellow countrymen who are going through this hardship.

Next time around do let us know and i think most of us will jump in !!Live to drive ,live to Give!!!

Regards
Mustang_29
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:48   #41
BHPian

Awesome work of charity! Hats off to you guys. Most of the areas photographed were dry and barren. That needs a long term attention. There is mention of some NGOs. A good idea could be that these NGOs be identified and these efforts driven through them. Just my two paise
Old 5th November 2017, 11:30   #42
BHPian

@Mods kindly allow: bumping this thread to notify subscribers of this thread, especially for ones around Mumbai.

Hi friends, I have planned "Lets drive for a cause" program for 25-Nov'17; it would be great if some of you could join and multiple the results.

Details mentioned at : LINK

regards,
Pranav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks