BHPian

re: To the Golden City, Jaisalmer

Day 6

Summary of the Day
  • Start time - 10:00 am
  • Total distance travelled – 45 Km
  • Places visited - Akal Wood Fossils and local shopping
  • Stay at Camps, Jaisalmer

We left the camp with the usual morning routine. We took packed lunch of poori and bhaji, and left for Akal wood fossils. The place is a drive along the village roads and later inside a gate that lead to some kutcha road to the entrance of the fossil park.

The park had preserved wood fossils in glass enclosures, and it was a nice experience to see how the fossils dated back to centuries.

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3974.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3975.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3976.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3977.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3978.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3988.jpg

To the Golden City, Jaisalmer-img_3990.jpg

We sat on the wild grass and had our lunch and decided to look around local shopping. My wife managed to find a khadi gramodyog, she then purchased some phirans embroided beautifully. Also purchased some momentous of miniature camel caravan as memory. It was too hot during the day, but sad we could not store all that solar energy to keep us warm during the night. We also walked along the market area, as we were told that we could get jerry cans from an army store, which we wanted to take for the long due Leh drip, but we could not locate the store and returned to rest at the camp.
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 14:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmohan View Post
Can you please give me some information about the camera setup you have used?

Thanks CarMohan.

During this trip to Jaisalmer and Bikaner I had the basic camera of Canon.

The colour contrast-brightness & beauty of Rajasthan lends itself to make any amateur photographers pictures look good.

All the best for your forthcoming trip to Rajasthan. Its worth the visit.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:20   #18
BHPian

Day 7

Summary of the Day
  • Start time - 5:30 am at Jaisalmer
  • Arrival time at the destination – 11:15 pm at residence, Delhi
  • Total distance travelled – 860 Km
  • Places visited – via Bikaner

As usual our last day's drive was continuous with little breaks for breakfast / lunch / dinner and I stretched to reach Delhi without stopping over for another night stay. We had a few diversions and terrible roads enroute from Bikaner. At one of the place, it became a single lane as the road was being constructed and it became a bottleneck leading to massive traffic jams.

I was really thankful to our dear old Maruti Esteem VXi, that pulled on extending full support inspite of its condition.

It was quite a sentimental feeling when we had to let her go after more than a decade of driving relationship on tough roads with full load and always back in Delhi with not even a tyre puncture. It was blessing indeed to have our Maruti Esteem which made our trips a memorable one. We feel our XUV 500 is the new Avatar.
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 15:28   #19
BANNED

Re: To the Golden City, Jaisalmer

Rajasthan is such a lovely place with so much of history, famous forts & palaces & your thread is just the right place to decide on my iternary for my future visit.
Your pictures of different kind of Rajasthani food & narration is further making me hungry to visit this place at the earliest. Thanks for sharing such a nice travelogue. I hope your Esteem didn't disappoint you at any point of your journey.
Old 7th October 2016, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Re: To the Golden City, Jaisalmer

is it safe to travel to Jaisalmer now in midst of tension at border?
I was planning to club Jaisalmer in my upcoming trip to Rajasthan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks