Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 06:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Skydiving in Dubai - An exhilarating experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post

Did your tandem master give you a chance to control the parachute and do some turns? Mine did and it was crazy doing 180 degree flips on your own.
Thank You Manas! How was it in Ireland ? Do you mind sharing some pictures of your jump ?
I was so overwhelmed with the view that I missed and completely forgot to ask for the control and neither did he offer. Will surely do it the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramanjit View Post
Lovely pictures accompanied by an equally crisp narrative. Sky diving may be on the bucket list of many but it does require some guts to actually do it. I am glad that you could overcome your fears and do the jump. Do you have to give a medical certificate also? Just wondering.
It is not as scary as it looks. The fear is only till the last moment,just before the exit and the entire build up to it. Then adrenaline takes over. The closest that you can relate to is the feeling of wind hitting your hand when you put it outside the window of a fast moving car. Exactly the same feeling in a much more intensified form spread through out your body.

No, medical certificates are required only for those above 60 years of age and those suffering from any ailments.
Old 5th August 2016, 13:10   #17

Munazzir, congrats on your brave stunt in Dubai and that too on your birthday. It should have been an awesome experience, and selecting Dubai for its view definitely is worth the effort. Seeing nature and man made miracles from a height of 13000ft is an experience to carry through out ones life. It should have felt like being born again. Belated happy returns.
iwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 20:01   #18
BHPian

Hey Syed !! Welcome to Team-BHP !! Your 1st thread in the Forum and what a way to start

Loved every bit of the experience that you have shared and the pictures are just brilliant and self explanatory to the thrilling experience that you must have had. Your thread will push other members in the community to gather the requisite courage in order to undertake such a flight where one can just throw oneself out of the window, oops sorry the door and overcome their fears just as you did.

Rated a well deserved 5*
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 07:06   #19
BHPian

Very nice thread and pictures, Syed.

May wind up doing a stopover on my next India trip, but may be cutting it close on the BMI qualifier
autonarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Me and my wife went sky diving last year in Prague. Its a great experience indeed!!

The 2-3 months of advance booking time could be a problem for many but in Prague I saw many people walking in to book a slot for the very next day. I myself had booked it just a week in advance.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanderer View Post
Munazzir, congrats on your brave stunt in Dubai and that too on your birthday.Belated happy returns.
Thank you iwanderer for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Syed !! Welcome to Team-BHP !! Your 1st thread in the Forum and what a way to start

Loved every bit of the experience that you have shared and the pictures are just brilliant and self explanatory to the thrilling experience that you must have had. Your thread will push other members in the community to gather the requisite courage in order to undertake such a flight where one can just throw oneself out of the window, oops sorry the door and overcome their fears just as you did.

Rated a well deserved 5*
Thank you Arav

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
Very nice thread and pictures, Syed.

May wind up doing a stopover on my next India trip, but may be cutting it close on the BMI qualifier
Thanks autonarr.
Yes, do give it a thought. Its a wonderful experience.All the best. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Me and my wife went sky diving last year in Prague. Its a great experience indeed!!

The 2-3 months of advance booking time could be a problem for many but in Prague I saw many people walking in to book a slot for the very next day. I myself had booked it just a week in advance.
Awesome! I'm sure you too would have loved the thrill.
They normally do not entertain walk-in's.Its a busy place. But if one is lucky then they may be in with a chance.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Munazzir View Post
The cost is 1999 AED.
I somehow missed on this. 1999 AED means ~36k while in Prague we did it for half the price, 250 Euros each.

If one doesn't want a video then its cheaper by another 50 Euros at least. For folks who are planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, club it with that trip and you might just save 250 Euros flat.

Don't we have skydiving in Lonavla or somewhere near Mumbai, I think that too is for about 24-25k PP last I checked.
Old 10th August 2016, 08:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I somehow missed on this. 1999 AED means ~36k while in Prague we did it for half the price, 250 Euros each.

If one doesn't want a video then its cheaper by another 50 Euros at least. For folks who are planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, club it with that trip and you might just save 250 Euros flat.

Don't we have skydiving in Lonavla or somewhere near Mumbai, I think that too is for about 24-25k PP last I checked.
Agreed.It's pretty expensive and other drop zones offer it for a cheaper price.

Not sure about Lonavla, but there is one in Mysore, Karnataka. Skydiving as a sport is still not well established in India. In my opinion it's better to try this out elsewhere.
Old 20th May 2017, 17:52   #24
BHPian

Uploading the video after a year

Syed_Munazzir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 08:27   #25
BHPian

Wow, is this a different travelogue or what?! Great narration, Syed Munazzir and great photos too! The view from up there must have been simple awesome.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks