Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 09:23   #31
vns

Re: One day road-trip: Belum Caves & Gandikota

Quote:

Some Good things
You can rent a tent at the edge of the canyon. and you are sure to get a good Sunrise and Sunset view. Cost price per person for the tent stay with lunch, dinner & breakfast is a Rs 1000

Nice travelogue, do you have the contact details for the tent?
Old 18th February 2020, 08:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

I am planning for both Gandikota and Belum over the coming long weekend. Is it safe for families and children considering multiple isolated spots in the cave? Are there security guards deployed inside the cave?
Old 18th February 2020, 08:55   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am planning for both Gandikota and Belum over the coming long weekend. Is it safe for families and children considering multiple isolated spots in the cave? Are there security guards deployed inside the cave?
The main sections of the cave are OK and well lit. But some of them are fairly secluded. So chose to visit these sections accordingly. Usually there folks around.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think there are enough crowd in the cave area that you may struggle to find a spot without someone photobombing you

I went during dec end and managed to reach there early morning before 10:30AM. Still there were couple of families, Later at 11:30 i saw bus full of tourists at the spot.

I suggest you go for a guide, they give the necessary briefing and make sure you complete the tour within an hour. I am told that the cave system itself is long and deep and spans over few kms, but the tourists are only allowed for few hundred metres which are well lit and are safe for even a kid around 5 years. Since i was with my little 5 year old, i decided to stick to the route shown by the guide than wandering aimlessly.

The place was very humid and difficult to walk(imagine this on Dec 25th winter morning). Suggest you to reach early in the morning when the caves open(around 10:30AM)
Old 24th February 2020, 12:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Suggest you to pick a guide at the entrance, i would highly recommend it. The fee is also quite reasonable. Without you will wander with the crowd and may miss a few things.
Carry water and light snacks if travelling with kids.
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:46   #36

Lots of information on the route, food and stay in the thread. Thanks to all who took the effort to share.

I am planning for a days trip to Gandikota on 15th Aug 2022. My current plan is to leave Bangalore early [via Kadiri, Pulivendula to GDK] and reach around 1030 Hrs. Spend 2/3 hours and return on the same day. Hopefully reaching back in evening. No plan to cover the B Caves.

If anyone is interested to join me and my family on the drive, do let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks