Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 10:25   #31
BHPian

Re: East-West drive to the native land : Toyota Etios from Kolkata to Rajasthan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I remember this street in Nawalgarh. How far from this place will be your Haveli?
Thanks BlackPearl !! More than the effort of penning down the travelogue, most of the effort goes into narrowing down and sorting the snaps of the trip. It's one hell of a job; though it's nice to revisit one's trip while doing so.

Most of the roads within Nawalgarh look similar and it's a very small town. I presume the picture shared by you should not be very far away from our place. As a matter of fact, the Koolwal Kothi (which is run by ITC) is just adjacent to our place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Wow!, what a superb treat Arav!.
You have managed to take us through a detailed trip of Rajasthan, full of amazing pictures. I almost got the feeling that I am there experiencing this first hand. The pictures of the forts, havelis, the vintage car collections, national parks, the wildlife all were too good.
I am envious of you, for two reasons.
One, you own two Havelis and two, that you were able to go on this extended road trip.What is also great is that you managed to do this with young kids in tow. Truly inspiring!.
Can I also add, that you have a beautiful family and God bless.
Keep traveling and best wishes.
Cheerio!
Thanks alphadog for the praise all around !! It was indeed a fantastic trip and Rajasthan does have lots to offer which makes the trip even more cherished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
A very thorough and nicely written travelogue with pictures. You were very lucky to see the Leopards.
Offnote: Went through the travelogue and noticed your love for Etios. It's captured in every landmark you visited
Made a lots of notes for myself as I will be in Rajasthan this month. Thanks for details.
Yes Indeed !! Sighting leopards in their natural habitat was something special for all of us and that is exactly what makes the visit to Bera so memorable and worthwhile.

Both my cars are special to me, the Etios being the underdog being an under rated car in the Indian Car Market. But, it's amazing to capture the picture of the car in various places which makes the car more special to us as it brings back a lot of cherished memories of the trip.

Wish you the best for your Rajasthan Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Awesome travelogue. It sort of inspires me to do one Rajasthan trip. Your pushteni haveli looks awesome with those paintings.How did the Etios behave overall compared to Figo on such long road trips?
The Etios performed flawlessly all throughout the trip. This trip was it's first long run unlike the Figo which has done bad terrains in the past over long drives. However, I undoubtedly missed the Figo's handling all throughout the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
What a mind boggling travelogue. You seem to be a reincarnation of Marco Polo or Huin Tsang or something.
I've been in Pokhran/ Jaisalmer for about 4 years and let me tell you, you've done justice to that place.
I couldn't find Ramdevra Temple in your travel diary, or did I miss it?
This part of India is a haven for driving enthusiasts as well as those interested in our Country's history.
And I must compliment your kids for being such good co passengers. I'm sure both will grow up to be 2nd gen TBHPians.
Thanks for compliments !! But, I am no Marco Polo brother. On Day 3 & Day 4 of our trip, we had had an overdose of temple hopping in and around Nawalgarh and thus opted out for Ramdevra when in Jaisalmer.

The kids were fantastic all throughout the trip and hats off to my wife for handling them so well when I was at the wheel, without which this could not have been doable by any means.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 19:44   #32
BHPian

Nice read, Arav da. You have such a beautiful place to call home! And the "padharo maaro des" pic looks straight out of some movie. Turn your smile in a dignified frown and put one hand up instead of two, and we have got Sarkaar 3 poster sorted :P

And I can picturize Mivann going through this t-log one day, older, but with the same wonder in his eyes.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 19:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Nice read, Arav da. You have such a beautiful place to call home! And the "padharo maaro des" pic looks straight out of some movie. Turn your smile in a dignified frown and put one hand up instead of two, and we have got Sarkaar 3 poster sorted :P

And I can picturize Mivann going through this t-log one day, older, but with the same wonder in his eyes.
I am glad that you enjoyed the travelogue; though I will not be able to digest this appreciation - Sarkar The travelogue became exhaustive as I wanted to pen down the details which the coming generations would probably enjoy at some point of time or the other in their lives if at all they would ever go through it.
Old 30th March 2017, 19:05   #34
BHPian

Hats off to you Arav, for putting up such an excellent travelogue! To have a roadtrip covering more than six thousand kilometers with two youngsters onboard, is itself a feat par excellence. The pictures of your beautiful Havelis add a different dimension to your travelogue. Please keep driving on the "bumpy road"!

Cheers,

Last edited by gmhossain : 30th March 2017 at 19:06.
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 00:26   #35
BHPian

Hi,

Rated 5 Star.

Enjoyed every single pictures. Just one word, for trip and write up, AWESOME !!

Hope, some day, I get to do a trip like this, just like this, with such smile, through out.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Hats off to you Arav, for putting up such an excellent travelogue! To have a roadtrip covering more than six thousand kilometers with two youngsters onboard, is itself a feat par excellence. The pictures of your beautiful Havelis add a different dimension to your travelogue. Please keep driving on the "bumpy road"!
Thanks for those kind words Sir !! It was indeed a wonderful trip with the kids. If I think of doing it now, would be pretty unmanageable with my little one now walking around aggressively. Glad you liked the travelogue and thanks for the appreciation once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Hi,

Rated 5 Star.

Enjoyed every single pictures. Just one word, for trip and write up, AWESOME !!

Hope, some day, I get to do a trip like this, just like this, with such smile, through out.
Thanks for the rating and the comments !! I feel the less we think about such trips, the better it is executed. The lesser the fuss, the lesser the hassle I guess. Thanks once again
Old 6th April 2017, 17:23   #37
BANNED

Hi Arav,
Thanks for the excellent travelogue.
I want to know about the experience with your new Maxxiss tryes of your Etios.
rockygidz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockygidz View Post
Hi Arav,
Thanks for the excellent travelogue.
I want to know about the experience with your new Maxxiss tryes of your Etios.
Glad you enjoyed the Travelogue rockygidz !!

I am sharing a link of my Ownership Thread of the Toyota Etios for your reference wherein the briefing about the Maxxis Tyres have already been shared :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4066333

The tyres are holding up pretty well and I had no issues with them on the trip either. Touch wood, being a softer compound tyre there have been no punctures also till now as well.
Old 8th April 2017, 00:31   #39
BANNED

Thank you Arav for your reply. Even I planing to buy for my Verna!
rockygidz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks