Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 09:59   #16
BHPian

Re: My maiden 42.2 - The Ladakh Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Congratulations!, on completing the marathon.
I am just in the process of training for a half marathon and it looks like I have a long way to go before reaching the place you have.
I am going barefoot though.
Keep running and remain injury free.
Ultras next, for you, I suppose?.
Cheerio!
Trust me, all it takes is a dedicated and committed training regime. I just returned from climbing girnar mountain which has about 9900 steps till the last summit of dattatrey and with the improved fitness levels i could easily climb in 2.5 hrs with friends. Alone then may be 2 hrs.

next?? The first goal would be to achieve a smooth sub 2 hr HM. Then prepare to achieve an FM under 5 hrs. I am very tempted to attempt Run the Rann in february as my first ultra but then thinking to take things slowly with improved fitness level.
I am really happy that my story can inspire many BHPians.
Old 1st November 2016, 10:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Fantastic stuff man. As someone who has run a fair few half marathons now taking the next step and running a full is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Just haven't committed yet. Seeing this is exactly what I needed.

From what I read the race has a highly limited number of participants. Do you know when registrations open for next year? And see you at the start line in 2017 maybe?
This is the season to get committed and run every HM happening this season around your city. Just to keep yourself in rhythm. The registrations open in April-2017. Trust me, once you register and book your tickets, i am sure the dedication will come. Just visualize to cross the finish line at ladakh public school. There will be hardly 150 runners opting for FM at ladakh. Thats the best part.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 07:23   #18
BHPian

@Mission_PGPX.
Khudos bud! Inspiring! Got me thinking when to start up with training for a marathon in Ladakh. Road runner myself, but thats been for fitness' sake! 10-20-30-40...was the max! So, will pick your brains for inputs when the planning starts!
Keep running, and the tempo going! Way to go!
Old 11th November 2016, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
@Mission_PGPX.
Khudos bud! Inspiring! Got me thinking when to start up with training for a marathon in Ladakh. Road runner myself, but thats been for fitness' sake! 10-20-30-40...was the max! So, will pick your brains for inputs when the planning starts!
Keep running, and the tempo going! Way to go!
You should start somewhere in march, register in april, book your tickets around may and then you still have 3 more months to gear up. I would recommend dedicated, relaxed but committed training for 5 months for a stronger finish in ladakh. good luck!!
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 19:50   #20
APV
BHPian

Truly inspiring. Hats off to your determination & hard work. My current workout is just walking 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week. I should probably set myself a long term goal to run Marathon & should start working towards it.

On a personal note, if I set myself a goal I have ended up achieving it, albeit a bit late beyond my original target date. Nevertheless this is one goal that is going to give me enough positive vibes despite achieving it late.

Thanks again for inspiring me.
Old 13th November 2016, 21:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
You should start somewhere in march, register in april, book your tickets around may and then you still have 3 more months to gear up. I would recommend dedicated, relaxed but committed training for 5 months for a stronger finish in ladakh. good luck!!
I do a regular 20min 4km. Used to 8-12km runs at 5000-6000ft altitude. Done 40km run with weights. Will that be standard enough to succeed?
Old 15th November 2016, 09:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
I do a regular 20min 4km. Used to 8-12km runs at 5000-6000ft altitude. Done 40km run with weights. Will that be standard enough to succeed?
Sure man. you are already into running and thats what matters the most. The key is to build up the mileage in first month and then improve on strength to enjoy running for another 3 months. I would say monthly mileage of 150-170 kms, with min run of 10 kms for the first month is a sign of good start. Also try to include hill runs on overbridges in your city. Good luck!
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 21:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Sure man. you are already into running and thats what matters the most. The key is to build up the mileage in first month and then improve on strength to enjoy running for another 3 months. I would say monthly mileage of 150-170 kms, with min run of 10 kms for the first month is a sign of good start. Also try to include hill runs on overbridges in your city. Good luck!
Luckily, I dont live in a city! Im surrounded by mountains and waterbodies, full of inclines and trails! So guess its gonna be awesome. Except for the altitude as of now is only about 2400ft!
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 13:00   #24
BHPian

So here i am, achieving another personal best as planned in bsafal half marathon in ahmedabad: 1:58 for my HM. Sub-2 hr mark achieved. Next goal is to improve this further in gandhinagar marathon and then start working on the pace for my next FM. Happy marathon seasons and good luck to all for SCMM.
Attached Thumbnails
My maiden 42.2 - The Ladakh Marathon-capture.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks