Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 22:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Beautiful pictures, Aray!

In fact, we visited this place on our bikes and we took a wrong diversion which lead to another Gandikota some where 120 km away from the original destination. That was one bad day as another group who reached the destination early and had to wait for us for a very long time.

Incidentally, there was another Haritha there and yet another confusion

Otherwise, this place is hardly visited by any. Beautiful rock formations. Your photography is amazing.
Thanks for sharing the info, could you please share the location. I would be very interested in getting lost. From your description the place sounds like it has lots to explore.
Old 14th June 2017, 01:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Thanks for sharing the info, could you please share the location. I would be very interested in getting lost. From your description the place sounds like it has lots to explore.

Sorry, Aray. I can't remember the wrong deviation that we took. I am sure it was around 70KM before the actual Gandikota. We inquired a school bus and they confirmed the wrong road that we took was right. There was no spot around this area except a dried up river bed and a temple.

Here are some of the pictures that I took (pardon the quality as it was captured from my smartphone)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-1.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-2.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-3.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-4.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-5.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-untitled.jpg  

rvd8732 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 09:53   #18
BHPian

I did not realise the photo size was too large to be approved for upload here. Here is my second try after some compressing
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-belumbuddha.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-cave1.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-fort.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-gandikota1.jpg  

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-myes.jpg  

aabhimanyu04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 22:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful narration and beautiful pictures. However, what stands out more is the information doled out. You have consolidated all that one would need in a trip in a single log. Will be very helpful to all those hoping to venture here in future, including me.
Thanks for keeping me gripped.
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 19:21   #20
BHPian

Aray - Excellent pictures. Was this a very recent trip ? I see good water flow in PENNA !
virgovencat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 10:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wonderful narration and beautiful pictures. However, what stands out more is the information doled out. You have consolidated all that one would need in a trip in a single log. Will be very helpful to all those hoping to venture here in future, including me.

Thanks for keeping me gripped.

You echoed my sentiments Mr.D.

Thanks @ARAY for this wonderful Tlog. Credit of my trip from yesterday and day before goes to you! Since you have done all narration so perfectly, I will only add few pics and hope you don't mind

Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497847862.949059.jpg
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497847890.938375.jpg
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497847910.960311.jpg
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497847968.281578.jpg
Hyderabad - Gandikota - Belum Caves in a Duster AWD-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497848014.537459.jpg

Thanks again for wonderful log - actually the confirmation from your pics that there is water in gorge worth making this trip
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thanks again for wonderful log - actually the confirmation from your pics that there is water in gorge worth making this trip
I see that you are from 'namma bengaluru' and assuming that you went to this place from Bengaluru, can i know the route that you took and share the experience about the road conditions. Even we are planning for this trip and hence asking.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:56   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Can i know the route that you took and share the experience about the road conditions.
Saturday morning 7am departure from South Bangalore.
Bangalore Hyderabad Highway for most part.
Also Took deviation to Lepakshi Temple and back on Hyderabad highway until Anantpur. Through Anantpur city, headed to Tadipatri.

All roads are great Anantpur city itself. There is lot of road work. So instead of going through the city, take right before city and continue towards Tadipatri.

We first went to Belum Caves. Then To proddatur for night halt in Royal County Resort.

On Sunnday morning visited gandikota via usual jammalamadugu road.

Some patches of road work but nothing to be worried about.

From gandikota we returned to bangalore via Kadiri-Gorantala to join highway at Lepakshi. This is Hindupur Kadiri highway. All throughout this stretch roads are superb with some slightly rough patches here and there.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 13:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
From gandikota we returned to bangalore via Kadiri-Gorantala to join highway at Lepakshi. This is Hindupur Kadiri highway. All throughout this stretch roads are superb with some slightly rough patches here and there.
Thanks for the info and probably we may also follow the same schedule and route (except visit to Lepakshi temple, which we have already seen).
Regarding stay, any specific reason why you choose to stay in proddatur instead of APTDC 'Harita' resort which is near to Gandikota?
Old 19th June 2017, 13:54   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Regarding stay, any specific reason why you choose to stay in proddatur instead of APTDC 'Harita' resort which is near to Gandikota?
Availability issue for the days I needed.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 12:44   #26
BHPian

Hi there. Awesome travelogue. I'm inspired and am planning to drive from hyd to belum caves and gandikota too. I have few queries that you can kindly assist me with. I am planning to spend 3 days for the trip. Start on Thursday, 5th October and return on 8th October. Here goes my plan.
1. Start on 5th, reach gandikota haritha and chill in a hotel for the night.
2. Explore Gandikota on 6th and stay there for the night.
3. Start by 8am on 7th and reach Belum caves and spend the day there exploring the caves and scenery. Reach Kurnool by the evening and rest.
4. Have breakfast and start back to Hyd on 8th.
How does it look? Any pointers are most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks